Windows 10: Programatically execute remote commands from Linux server to Microsoft Windows server

Discus and support Programatically execute remote commands from Linux server to Microsoft Windows server in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Apparently, there is no explicit way one can achieve this. I have a script on a windows server that I want to execute from a linux server... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Partha PratimGhosh, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Programatically execute remote commands from Linux server to Microsoft Windows server

Apparently, there is no explicit way one can achieve this. I have a script on a windows server that I want to execute from a linux server programatically. Is it a supported use case for Windows? If so, can I get a code fragment that shows the same.

:)

Partha PratimGhosh, Jul 26, 2018
  2. flashstar Win User

linux server

What type of server are you planning to run? If it's just a file server, you can always use SAMBA and webmin to configure your server remotely. If you want to run an exchange server--- well then you should be running Windows Server 2008 or 2003.

Most server-related things can be done on a Linux server as well as a Windows server. And yes, Windows computers can usually "see" a Linux server. This is especially easy with Samba.

flashstar, Jul 26, 2018
  3. malware Win User
    Microsoft Windows Home Server Corrupts Files

Microsoft has warned Windows Home Server users not to edit files stored on their backup systems with several of its programs, including Vista Photo Gallery and Office's OneNote and Outlook, as well as files generated by popular finance software such as Quicken and QuickBooks. "When you use certain programs to edit files on a home computer that uses Windows Home Server, the files may become corrupted when you save them to the home server," Microsoft said in a support document posted last week. The document went on to list the software, which includes Windows Vista Photo Gallery, Windows Live Photo Gallery, OneNote 2003, OneNote 2007, Outlook 2007, Microsoft Money 2007 and SyncToy 2.0 Beta. Others programs, however, may also corrupt files stored on a home server powered by Microsoft's operating system. "Additionally, there have been customer reports of issues with Torrent applications, with Intuit Quicken and with QuickBooks program files," the document said. "Until an update for Windows Home Server is available, we recommend that [you] do not use the programs that are listed to save or to edit program-specific files that are stored on a Windows Home Server-based system."

Source: Computerworld

malware, Jul 26, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Programatically execute remote commands from Linux server to Microsoft Windows server

SQL Server Guidance against speculative execution vulnerabilities

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...for-sql-server

Brink, Jul 26, 2018
Thema:

Programatically execute remote commands from Linux server to Microsoft Windows server

1. Programatically execute remote commands from Linux server to Microsoft Windows server - Similar Threads - Programatically execute remote

2. Connect to Linux server from local Windows computer using remote desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connect to Linux server from local Windows computer using remote desktop: I want to connect to Linux server from local computer using remote desktop. When I use ssh command, I may specify the port of server by 'ssh 123.123.123.123 -p 22'. However, how can I specify the port name when using remote desktop on Win10.PS: When the port is 22, the...
  3. Connect to Linux server from local Windows computer using remote desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connect to Linux server from local Windows computer using remote desktop: I want to connect to Linux server from local computer using remote desktop. When I use ssh command, I may specify the port of server by 'ssh 123.123.123.123 -p 22'. However, how can I specify the port name when using remote desktop on Win10.PS: When the port is 22, the...
  4. Connect to Linux server from local Windows computer using remote desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Not connecting to remote server

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Not connecting to remote server: Please help me , some programmes say unable to connect while some connect without problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-connecting-to-remote-server/761f69ad-f0b2-41e3-9e41-150ea131e262
  6. Microsoft Server Remote Sign In

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Server Remote Sign In: Greetings Community, I have a quick question about windows server, when working from home. In the new environment of corona-virus this has become an important topic, that I'm sure others are also facing, when working from home. I would like to know if I can sign in to my...
  7. Remote Desktop Server

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Remote Desktop Server: Evening All, Just wondering if anyone more experienced can just fill me in on the details - I'm convinced I'm missing something basic! We've got a Windows server 2019 machine that has remote desktop licencing for 50 CALs. However, when the user logs in via RDP, they get...
  8. RPC from Windows client to Linux server

RPC from Windows client to Linux server: Hello, I am not sure if this is the best place to ask this question. However, I am at the end of my rope here. I need to rpc from a windows 10 client to a linux (RHEL 7) server. I am very new to rpc (must be DCE RPC), so If you have a working example (hello world maybe?)...
  9. Windows Powershell Remote Commands Not Working -RPC Server Unavailable

Windows Powershell Remote Commands Not Working -RPC Server Unavailable: Hi All, So I'm looking for a way to remote shutdown multiple windows PCs. I was recommended in another thread to use the Stop Computer command in powershell. I've been trying to get this to work with one PC this morning, but have not had any success. Here is the issue I am...
  10. Windows Subsystem for Linux on Windows Server

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Subsystem for Linux on Windows Server: The Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) is available in Windows Insider builds of Windows Server. Now developers and application administrators can run tools they use in Linux environments alongside Cmd and PowerShell. If you want to jump straight in, the installation guide...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. programAtically issue commands remote linux server

2. programatically run rpm from remote