Windows 10: Programming for Everybody (Getting Started with Python) - Class..

Discus and support Programming for Everybody (Getting Started with Python) - Class.. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The class begins tomorrow and if anyone wants they can still sign up for the free version. Programming for Everybody (Getting Started with Python) |... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BunnyJ, Oct 25, 2015.

1. BunnyJ New Member

Programming for Everybody (Getting Started with Python) - Class..

The class begins tomorrow and if anyone wants they can still sign up for the free version.
    Programming for Everybody (Getting Started with Python) | Coursera

I've started the class and I hope to post information from it and tips to help anyone who's interested.
    Note: You don't have to install any software to take this class. All of the coding can be done in this environment/web site: CodeSkulptor

It's not hard to use and it makes use of Python version 2.7.

You can install Python on your own PC: Download Python | Python.org
    I highly recommend using 2.7.10.

Hope to see some of you there.
    Jeff.. *Smile

:)

BunnyJ, Oct 25, 2015

2. Python on N86

Hello,

I'm trying to get python running on my n86. I don't know anything about the program and so on so i need some help. I installed the python main application then i installed few other applications, but when i start for exmple pymoneta it starts for like 1
    sec then nothing, it closes and no sign of running or smth. Any ideas?

onlythebrave---01, Oct 25, 2015
  3. Aquadata Win User
    Windows 10 Won't Index New Files

The search function won't return new installed programs. Nor will it do partial searches for the anomalous new programs it does return.

For instance I've installed Python which installs a few programs all with Python in the name.

When searching for 'Python', only the original downloaded 'installer' will be listed and only if 'Python' is typed in its entirety.

Setting: Cortana is not set up for voice use and has been mostly disabled though Windows user settings.

Remedies taken: A Microsoft tech reinstalled the OS, and I've done a 'fresh start' though Windows Defender. To remove any bloatware.

sfc scannow was all clear.

Aquadata, Oct 25, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

PGM1: Hello World..
    Code: #Print Hello World.. -- this is a comment and is ignored when Python runs the code.. #comments are used to document your code.. print "Hello, World."[/quote]

BunnyJ, Oct 25, 2015
  5. Hydranix Win User
    Code: #include <iostream> using std::cout; int main() { cout << "Hello World!\n"; return 0; }[/quote] C++ isn't very difficult once you learn the concepts involved in programming. I suggest after you get the hang of python, you give C/C++ a try. It's awesome!

Hydranix, Oct 25, 2015
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    C++ isn't very difficult once you learn the concepts involved in programming. I suggest after you get the hang of python, you give C/C++ a try. It's awesome![/quote]
    I've tried it out and C++ is a good language.

BunnyJ, Oct 25, 2015
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    Class starts today!!
    Oh and here's a real nice editor that is useful not only for the class but as a general editor:
    Atom I'm using it and I really like it so far.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Oct 26, 2015
  8. BunnyJ New Member

Here's a nice script that is an expansion on the "Hello World" program. It is a bit more advanced but it demonstrates what you can do with a file in Python. Oh and it's version 2.7.10 of Python.
    Code:
    PHP Code: #---------------------------------------------
    # PGM: hello1.py
    # By: Jeff F.. Citizen Z!!
    # Hello script.. file usage ..
    #---------------------------------------------
    handle = open('hello.txt','r')
    for line in handle:
    line = line.rstrip()
    print line
    handle.close()
    Input File: hello.txt
    And here's the output:

Programming for Everybody (Getting Started with Python) - Class.. [​IMG]

BunnyJ, Oct 26, 2015
  9. I read in the past this article about python class that help me a lot. It's for an intermediate than for a begginer (or a begginer that is almost an intermediate python developer).

I didn't know about duck typing before!

sluthudrot, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Programming for Everybody (Getting Started with Python) - Class.. - Similar Threads - Programming Everybody Getting

2. How to deploy programs made with python

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to deploy programs made with python: Is it possible to release exe made with pyinstaller on Microsoft store? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-deploy-programs-made-with-python/6e166015-2f2b-45eb-b860-2cc0acad0b5a
  3. How to deploy programs made with python

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to deploy programs made with python: Is it possible to release exe made with pyinstaller on Microsoft store? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-deploy-programs-made-with-python/6e166015-2f2b-45eb-b860-2cc0acad0b5a
  4. How to deploy programs made with python

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. python

python: Por favor ajude, não consigo executar os comando na python traves destapequena mensagem Qt: Untested Windows version 10.0 detected o meu assistente virtual que estou acriar não esta a funcionar atraves da mesma ajude-me! ESTOU SEMPRE A TENTAR DESDE MUITO TEMPO ATE AGORA NAO...
  6. Hi Everybody

Hi Everybody: can enybody help me? i just changed the screen resolution and refresh rate of my screen and it made my laptop screen go blank. with my experience i tried several ways with device manager and othersi don't have an external monitor, so i'm just imagining it actually worked but...
  7. Hi Everybody

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi Everybody: can enybody help me? i just changed the screen resolution and refresh rate of my screen and it made my laptop screen go blank. with my experience i tried several ways with device manager and othersi don't have an external monitor, so i'm just imagining it actually worked but...
  8. Python Program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Python Program: Hey Team, So basically I am new to python programming. Wanted suggestions on whether running programs on which python compilers: offline or online are preferable.? I have windows 10, how do I understand the offline compiler's compatibility with my laptop?...
  9. Python Program

Python Program: Hey Team, So basically I am new to python programming. Wanted suggestions on whether running programs on which python compilers: offline or online are preferable.? I have windows 10, how do I understand the offline compiler's compatibility with my laptop?...
  10. Hello everybody..

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hello everybody..: Hi everybody.. Look i am very disappointed and offended from the community here.. i already posted 3 or 4 posts in the past year and and i got no help.. No responses at all.. i'm here for the past 20-25 years, basically since it's established to Israel, and i did tried to...