Windows 10: Programs are removed after getting security updates

Discus and support Programs are removed after getting security updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I needed help regarding my programs that are removed after Installing Update for Windows 10 1803. It created a Windows.old folder after getting the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ChinChanChu, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Programs are removed after getting security updates

I needed help regarding my programs that are removed after Installing Update for Windows 10 1803. It created a Windows.old folder after getting the update. I was able to confirm that it's only an update since system restore is available after receiving the updates. I have tried restoring the machine however it failed.

This is how my desktop looks like now:

Programs are removed after getting security updates b83ed6c5-5fa8-47fd-a9c7-6611a9be7890?upload=true.png

:)

ChinChanChu, Aug 17, 2018

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Aug 17, 2018
  3. Windows 10 update 1607 removed several programs

Hi Steven,

To resolve your concern, we suggest that you go back to the previous build that you have. To go back to an earlier build on Windows 10, follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo and go to Settings.
    • Click Update and security and go to Recovery.
    • Click Get started under Go back to an earlier build.

Windows 10 will automatically download and install the next updates. To avoid your concern on happening again, we suggest you to defer the updates that will be released. To defer updates, follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo and go to Settings.
    • Click Update and security and go to Windows Update.
    • Click Advance options and check the box for Defer upgrades.

Let us know if this answered your query.

Justin Emb, Aug 17, 2018
  4. Jorge Win User

Programs are removed after getting security updates

Microsoft to Roll Out Four Security Updates Next Week

So that's (4) down and 40 Billion more security updates to go before any Microsucks O/S will be even remotely secure. I'd suggest Bill get off his arse and get the first Billion security fixes out this year.

Jorge, Aug 17, 2018
Thema:

Programs are removed after getting security updates

1. Programs are removed after getting security updates - Similar Threads - Programs are removed

2. Windows Security and BitDefender automatically getting removed after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Security and BitDefender automatically getting removed after Windows Update: HiI have had to restore/reset my Windows 10 installation, at least 5 times in the last one year ! My laptop is a ThinkPad E14 with Windows 10 Pro.I have BitDefender Gravityzone Endpoint security installed and suddenly notice that the taskbar icon has disappeared. On...
  3. Windows removes programs and changes settings after update

Windows removes programs and changes settings after update: I just updated my computer and much like every other time, my background and other personalization options have been reset. And even more concerning, windows changed some of my privacy settings by allowing microsoft to collect additional diagnostics data and enabling...
  4. download error 0x80070643 | I am getting security updates for programs that are no longer...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    download error 0x80070643 | I am getting security updates for programs that are no longer...: [ATTACH] I have had this problem for literal years and I have searched all over for a solution, to no avail. I had a messy uninstall of Microsoft Office 2010 and all the programs that come with it; it left a lot of residue on my PC like registry entries and files etc. I...
  5. Windows 10 update removed programs

Windows 10 update removed programs: Windows 10 update removed a lot of my programs. All restore points have been removed. How do I get my programs back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-removed-programs/d7f2e371-9935-4f20-9659-5b6c1bcbde03
  6. Getting updates for deleted program

in Windows 10 Customization
    Getting updates for deleted program: I had MS Word 2010 on my computer for years but when I upgraded to Win10x64 I uninstalled it, but I still keep getting updates for it. They download and then they fail to install. If I look in my Program Files folder, Word 2010 isn't there - it's deleted. But if I click...
  7. Remove security updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remove security updates: Good afternoon After updates kb4560366 and kb4557957 my print spooler stops when I order printing on the HP Designjet 510 24in Printer. The printer already has the latest driver found on the HP website. How do I uninstall these updates? I tried by the command "wusa /...
  8. security program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    security program: was wondering if I need additional security now that I have Windows 10. I just upgraded from Windows 7 and had Trend Security with the Windows 7. Is it necessary to have this additional security??...
  9. program removal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    program removal: I signed up for Scanguard and now I can't find it in order to uninstall it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/program-removal/21ac1e99-d17e-4393-976f-d38d62b90d13
  10. remove programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    remove programs: I have quickbooks converson tool on my computer and I am tyrying to remove it along with all of quickbooks and when I try and uninstall it just says gather info and never uninstall it w3hat can I do? Thanks 106327

Users found this page by searching for:

1. programs getting removed after windows update