Windows 10: Program's Behavior

Discus and support Program's Behavior in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, Have two questions: 1. Downloaded some small video editing program, named "Smart Cutter", downloaded the portable version, unzipped it into a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Motim, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Motim Win User

Program's Behavior

Hello,
    Have two questions:
    1. Downloaded some small video editing program, named "Smart Cutter", downloaded the portable version, unzipped it into a folder, sent a shortcut to the desktop. It works nice (when it does not crash), but every time I push the button to start it, the screen deems and a notice saying " User acount control Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your pc ?"
    (cannot screenshot the notice). I click 'yes' and program starts normally.
    Tried to run it as user or admin - both the same notice. Looked into the registry, no changes done.
    This program and Macrium give the same notice.
    Which brings me to my second question:

2. While checking Macrium for updates, I've been noticed there is a new update. Let the program download and update itself. The notice about the update contained something about "Pe 10 update" which I did not understand what to do.
    Attached screenshot about this update notice. Can you please explain me what to do with this "Pe 10"
    2a. Do I have to make new rescue cd because of the Macrium update?

Questions 1 & 2, these are the only programs on my pc giving that notice when starting each of them - is it normal ?
    Attaches screenshot from Macrium update notice.
    Answers will be appreciated.

:)

Motim, Dec 17, 2016
  2. borate Win User

OPEN odd behavior for a single program

borate, Dec 17, 2016
  3. SiSig_ Win User
    OPEN odd behavior for a single program

guess we better wait for the next update for win10

SiSig_, Dec 17, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Program's Behavior

Hi, the first issue is about certification (unknown publisher) so it's basically saying 'Continue if you want to but it's up to you'.

The second - well, read the text. If the update is significant for your system, apply it. You could use a rewritable disk if you wished, of course.

dalchina, Dec 17, 2016
  5. Motim Win User
    Hello,
    Thanks for the answer.
    I may understand (perhaps) the reason of the 'warning' notice from the "smart cutter" program, but "Macrium Reflect" 'jumps' with the same warning notice, and this (I believe) is a known publisher, why ?
    I have other programs also downloaded from the net, they do not have this issue.
    And, by the way, after updating Macrium, I made a new rescue disk.
    Thanks again.

Motim, Dec 17, 2016
  6. Bree New Member
    Did you notice the different colours of the UAC notices? An unknown publisher gets an amber (warning) UAC. A known publisher gets a blue UAC when it tries to make system changes. It's letting you know and asking do you want to let it modify your system? You get one like this if you try to run Regedit, for example.

7. dalchina New Member
    I don't recall seeing any warnings when I've updated Macrium...

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Program's Behavior

1. Program's Behavior - Similar Threads - Program's Behavior

2. How to find what program is using SetThreadExecutionState to cause exit from Modern Standby?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find what program is using SetThreadExecutionState to cause exit from Modern Standby?: My laptop has been exiting Modern Standby for unclear reasons. Network connectivity during standby is disabled and ability to wake from sleep is disabled for all devices in Device Manager.Just had a situation where laptop was supposedly on sleep for 4 days, but it turns out...
  3. How to find what program is using SetThreadExecutionState to cause exit from Modern Standby?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to find what program is using SetThreadExecutionState to cause exit from Modern Standby?: My laptop has been exiting Modern Standby for unclear reasons. Network connectivity during standby is disabled and ability to wake from sleep is disabled for all devices in Device Manager.Just had a situation where laptop was supposedly on sleep for 4 days, but it turns out...
  4. Control Panel/Explorer crashes when opening Get Programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Control Panel/Explorer crashes when opening Get Programs: We have been gradually deploying Windows 11 within our environment and have run into an issue with the control panel. We deploy self service application installs via GPO with User Configuration > Policies > Software Settings > Software Installations. On Windows 10 it works...
  5. Control Panel/Explorer crashes when opening Get Programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Control Panel/Explorer crashes when opening Get Programs: We have been gradually deploying Windows 11 within our environment and have run into an issue with the control panel. We deploy self service application installs via GPO with User Configuration > Policies > Software Settings > Software Installations. On Windows 10 it works...
  6. RPC issues in older programs after installing the April 2024 cumulative update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    RPC issues in older programs after installing the April 2024 cumulative update: I haven't been able to find any information about this yet. We still have some older versions of our software in use. These versions were built with Visual Studio 6. After installing the April 2024 cumulative update, some of the programs that use RPC started crashing. We have...
  7. Windows security detect they are program with unwanted behavior and core isolation wont turn on

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows security detect they are program with unwanted behavior and core isolation wont turn on: Greetings and warm regards to Microsoft community.It has come to my attention that Windows security detect PUADlManager:Win32/OfferCore has potentially unwanted behavior and it failed to be removed.Also my core isolation won't turn on, it becomes gray when i want to turn it,...
  8. Override high DPI scaling behavior setting is reset after closing program

in Windows 10 Customization
    Override high DPI scaling behavior setting is reset after closing program: I've been trying to adjust compatibility settings for an older game The Witcher Enhanced Edition, and I was able to get the game properly running after disabling "Override high DPI scaling behavior" in compatibility settings for the program. For some reason, every time after...
  9. Are there programs to automatically regulate the entirety of Windows 10's negative behaviors?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Are there programs to automatically regulate the entirety of Windows 10's negative behaviors?: If not, is anyone working on them? I'd pay for it at this point. I'm talking about the myriad of privacy settings in multiple locations i don't have time to learn about or keep track of. Or not having my anti-virus scan running while i'm trying to play VR games or other...
  10. Strange behavior. Everything in Program Files got uninstalled somehow, but none in Program...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange behavior. Everything in Program Files got uninstalled somehow, but none in Program...: I was uninstalling certain programs from my computer recently to clean up my computer. It was only a handful of programs like maybe between 5-8 programs. After that, I cannot many of my other programs. When opening their shortcuts, it says "The item 'ProgramName.exe' that...