Windows 10: Programs crashing on startup Suspect AVG and Comodo

Discus and support Programs crashing on startup Suspect AVG and Comodo in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi guys. The problem I'm experiencing is that on startup most of my programs crash. Nvidia is the first one then other startup programs. If I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DeclaredInsane, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Programs crashing on startup Suspect AVG and Comodo

Hi guys.

The problem I'm experiencing is that on startup most of my programs crash. Nvidia is the first one then other startup programs. If I attempt to run other programs then they crash as well. The error reads that the program was unable to startup. It works after several system restarts but then my internet (Ethernet) connection is lost and then have to reboot several times again to get it to work.

I've recently upgraded to Windows 10 but it was a clean installation and then I updated it. I installed AVG Antivirus via the online installer as that was the only way it worked without installation errors. I then installed Comodo Firewall but it won't install. I was told Window 10 doesn't install bundled software so I extracted it and installed only Comodo but this was the Internet Security Suite and not just the Firewall Software.

So now I have AVG Antivirus and Comodo Antivirus software running which could be the heart of the issue. I've noticed that when AVG Identity is sometimes switched off on startup then system boots perfectly but If it's on then programs crash. Do you guys have any ideas on what can I do to resolve this issue?

Is there a method of only installing the Comodo Firewall without installing the complete internet security suite? If I install only Comodo Firewall it gives an error at 99% but says it was installed.

Thanks for the help!

:)

DeclaredInsane, Jul 25, 2016

2. Every single web browser crashes after latest Windows 10 update

In my case,after installing the recent Windows updates Comodo Firewall causes Firefox crashes on startup. today Comodo released an update and after installing it, Firefox works normally again.

PuppetGrenade, Jul 25, 2016
  3. window 10 internet security download and installation issues.

Hi, after four years suscribtions to COMODO internet security pro software, the company no longer honor the yearly promotion, so, I tried to intall other security software, here is the problem.......tried (3) times to install AVG internet security suite,
    ...it said...." another program is installing, please stop the program ( AVG setup self extractor_7 zip ) before continue...tried to search the program....no found...do'nt know how to solve this program, please help. thanks...... alos....please
    show me how to erase the comodo internet pro programs in the computer and in the registery COMPLETELY, thanks.

richardliu2015, Jul 25, 2016
  4. Borg 386 Win User

Programs crashing on startup Suspect AVG and Comodo

These links my help:

Topic: how install only the firewall, not the anti-virus (Read 821 times)
    how install only the firewall, not the anti-virus - Install / Setup / Configuration Help - CIS

Topic: Install Firewall only on latest Windows 10 build ?
    Install Firewall only on latest Windows 10 build ? - Firewall Help - CIS

There are other articles on installing the firewall only:

Google search: Comodo Firewall Only

According to research, if you are running the free version of AVG, then there is no firewall included. However, if you are running the paid version, be aware that includes a firewall & running both at the same time could cause problems.

Borg 386, Jul 25, 2016
  5. Thanks for your help!

Used one of the solutions in the link you provided.

- Open Control Panel and click on Programs and Features.
    - Selected Comodo Internet Security and click change.
    - Check only Firewall and unchecked Antivirus.
    - Comodo Reinstalled and Prompted to restart.
    - On restart only Comodo Firewall was installed.

I'm using the free version of AVG with no Firewall as I've tried AVG Firewall but prefer Comodo Firewall. I've disabled Identity in AVG and no programs are crashing. So it seems it's Identity that's causing the programs to crash. I'm not sure why but I'm content with this solution for now.

Thanks a mill Borg 386!

DeclaredInsane, Jul 26, 2016
  6. Borg 386 Win User
    Glad you got it sorted *Biggrin.

Borg 386, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Programs crashing on startup Suspect AVG and Comodo

1. Programs crashing on startup Suspect AVG and Comodo - Similar Threads - Programs crashing startup

2. Suspected Malware In Startup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Suspected Malware In Startup: The program circled appears in my startup, it changes symbols making it difficult to find/search.. The Microsoft Safety Scanner Detects nothing. Only thing I could do is turn it off. Any help would be appreciated....
  3. Programs crashing on startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Programs crashing on startup: Random programs, including windows ones, crash once they open, and I have no idea what to do. Examples: spotify, guitar pro, device manager, all windows trouble shooters. Things like chrome, discord, and steam still open, so I dont know the connection between the ones that...
  4. All my programs crash on startup?

All my programs crash on startup?: This started happening recently, couple days ago i noticed that if i opened audacity or a text file it would open for a second and then crash. Finally i few days later i decided to sit down and fix the issue. I tried looking at similar problems online but found nothing and...
  5. Every program crashes on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Every program crashes on startup: So i recently installed new hardware motherboard, ram, cpu, and this thing happened while i was using visual studio. So i pressed something like alt + b or i dunno, and noticed that my pdf reader and browser stopped. Then i tried reopening the pdf but it froze in like 5...
  6. Windows Startup Loop caused by AVG update.

Windows Startup Loop caused by AVG update.: My dad's Dell Computer has been stuck on an Automatic Repair loop for hours now, where it fails repair, then asks for a bitlocker recovery key, then fails startup anyway. I tried all the startup options short of formatting the computer, but it's still not working. I've done a...
  7. AVG free virus program, want it gone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AVG free virus program, want it gone: I have a free AVG virus program never activated on my windows 10 HP PC, I dont want it on there, but no matter what I do I can't get rid of it, please help Thank You william...
  8. Comodo Firewall

Comodo Firewall: I am using Windows 7.I have Comodo firewall which is up to date.Recently the Action centre is asking me to choose a firewall.I click on the 'turn on Comodo' option but nothing changes. Thanks Paul...
  9. windows + comodo = problems?

windows + comodo = problems?: Admittedly I'd never thought of it til recently- now, every time I turn on the PC I check to see if Windows firewall is on. If it is, cool, if not, I turn it on. Awhile back, a family member advised me to install Comodo. Seems to have a lot of features, most important of...
  10. unable to install / run comodo program manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to install / run comodo program manager: need to install and run this on windows 10 32 or 64 bit OS keeps saying need to restart pc to complete install using windows 7 compatibility mode Thanks 80354