Windows 10: programs disappeared ater update

Discus and support programs disappeared ater update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; There have been three updates, May and 2 in June. One of them removed my program Printmaster 18.1. When I tried to reinstall, nothing. It is as if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JudyMiller5, Aug 2, 2018.

1. programs disappeared ater update

There have been three updates, May and 2 in June. One of them removed my program Printmaster 18.1. When I tried to reinstall, nothing. It is as if there is nothing in the disc tray. Have done everything humanly possible. If I uninstall the updates will that fix the problem, and then take the mode automatic updates off.? HELP.

:)

JudyMiller5, Aug 2, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond programs disappeared ater update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 2, 2018
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Aug 2, 2018
  4. programs disappeared ater update

CAD package program is not displaying ater a recent update on Windows 10.

Hi Dean,

The above issue might occur due to the incompatibility of the application with Window s10 OS on the computer.

Before we assist further, does the issue occur only on accessing CAD package on the computer?

Some of the programs/applications may not be compatible after upgrading the computer to a new and higher operating system. If haven’t tried, check if similar issue occurs on accessing other applications installed on the computer.

If the issue does not occur on accessing other applications, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall CAD package application and check if the issue is resolved. If the issue persists, install the application in
    Compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Compatibility mode runs the program in the current version of Windows using the settings from previous version of Windows.

Step 1: Install the device drivers manually in
    Compatibility mode.

• Locate and right-click on the application setup file downloaded/saved on the computer and select
      Properties from the context menu.

• Click on the compatibility tab, check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for, select Windows 8.1/7 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.

• After the installation is complete, restart the computer and check if the changes are effective.

Step 2: You can also follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard and type
      Run programs made for previous versions of Windows.

• Select the top most search result and follow from
      step 2
      from the article Make older programs compatible with this version of
      Windows
      (Also applies to Windows 10).

• Check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of CAD package application not displaying on the computer in the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 2, 2018
Thema:

programs disappeared ater update

1. programs disappeared ater update - Similar Threads - programs disappeared ater

2. “Undoing changes made to your computer” ater updating

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    “Undoing changes made to your computer” ater updating: So I recently (attempted to) install version 20H2 to my laptop. Once the installion was seemingly done, my laptop then decided to shut off for no reason. Now whenever I turn it on, it says “Attempting to recover installation” before switching to “Undoing changes made to your...
  3. Updates and disappearing start key programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates and disappearing start key programs: I have Office 365 Personal on my laptop, and keep getting notices that I need to update. However, all of my programs have disappeared from my Start key, including my ability to open or close anything using the Start key. I also get a constant notice that there's not enough...
  4. Programs disappeared.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Programs disappeared.: I was playing a game and I pressed some keys at the same time and my screens made like a swipe animation and now I can't access programs I had open and it doesn't show they are open even though I still hear everything playing. Also, when I am on the desktop, my mose is locked...
  5. Programs and Drives Disappeared After Update

Programs and Drives Disappeared After Update: Hello Everyone, As the title suggests, I recently tried to complete a windows update. The update failed multiple times before it eventually applied. Once I restarted my pc, I noticed the boot time was considerably slower than usual as my main boot drive is from an SSD....
  6. pincode missing ater update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    pincode missing ater update: I have updated Windows 10 from version 1803 to 1903. Now I no longer have to log into the desktop with a pincode, when I open up my laptop. How do I get that back?...
  7. Ater major update laptop will not boot up

Ater major update laptop will not boot up: I have not used my laptop for several months. I now need it, completely charged the battery and booted up (Windows 10). It worked well for two days after which I got a message that my Windows 10 is badly out of date and needs to be updated – I was also warned it would take a...
  8. After computer update, program files disappeared.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After computer update, program files disappeared.: My computer automatically updated a couple of days ago. However, my program files are not in my C drive? How can I locate them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-computer-update-program-files-disappeared/7dd22f06-a155-43f2-bc91-5c080609e461"
  9. Programs Disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs Disappeared: Hey all, I ran into the strangest thing last night. Windows suddenly stopped being able to see many of my installed programs on one of my platter drives. I've set up my computer so that the OS is on an SSD the the majority of my programs are on a 1 TB platter designated as...
  10. Programs disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs disappeared: I was experimenting with this program I found called Alomware Reset, thankfully on a secondary computer. Basically, this program is supposed to simulate a reboot so don't have to do an actual one. The website says that it closes all non-system processes, closes all open...