Windows 10: Programs exit randomly without any error message

Discus and support Programs exit randomly without any error message in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I upgraded from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro and now for some reason programs like word excel and chrome will just exit by themselves. I do not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Joel Epstein, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Programs exit randomly without any error message

I upgraded from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro and now for some reason programs like word excel and chrome will just exit by themselves. I do not recieve errors. When word or excel close if I am working on a document that I have not saved it gives me the dialog asking wether to save, not save or cancel. If the file was already saved, excel or word will just close. Also the start menu will pop up on its own sometimes. It's as though windows is recieving an alt-F4 or winkey command without any user input. does anybody eles have this issue and do you know the fix. Someone please help

here is my sys info

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134
    System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
    System Model Inspiron 15-7579 w/touchscreen
    System Type x64-based PC
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2701 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. 1.25.0, 5/14/2018
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
    Total Physical Memory 15.9 GB
    Available Physical Memory 12.1 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 18.2 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 13.8 GB
    Page File Space 2.38 GB

:)

Joel Epstein, Jul 9, 2018

2. Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    • Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    • Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    • Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

• Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Jul 9, 2018
  3. Mussels Win User
    the witcher demo

^ what they said will both work. i suggest updating directX, and in the future please try and list the exact error message... and i want a muffin.

Mussels, Jul 9, 2018
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Programs exit randomly without any error message

ERROR 53 message

Hello,

Run-time Error 53 indicates that there is a missing Windows component. A program you're trying to use will display that error message if the program is attempting to use a dynamic link library, or DLL, file that has been deleted or was never installed properly.

We would like to know some information:

• Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

For initial troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you try to run
    System File Checker
    . It will scan for corrupted files and restore it.

If that didn't work, we suggest that you try to uninstall and reinstall the app.

Hope it helps. Let us know how it goes.

Remon Ont, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

Programs exit randomly without any error message

1. Programs exit randomly without any error message - Similar Threads - Programs exit randomly

2. Random error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random error message: I got this Error Message when i was trying to load the shortcut thingy in the right top corner of chrome then this error message randomly appeared out of nowhere can anyone help feel free to ask questions...
  3. pc shuts down and restarts without any error messages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc shuts down and restarts without any error messages: hiam having problems with my pc ever since i did an windows up date few moths ago problem is that the pc shuts down and then restarts back into windows without any error messages showing. i have replace my psu with a new one thing it could be down to power failure, reset the...
  4. pc shuts down and restarts without any error messages

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc shuts down and restarts without any error messages: hiam having problems with my pc ever since i did an windows up date few moths ago problem is that the pc shuts down and then restarts back into windows without any error messages showing. i have replace my psu with a new one thing it could be down to power failure, reset the...
  5. Uninstall a program without any program files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninstall a program without any program files: I accidentally and unintentionally installed an adware called MusiCalm. I directly deleted the program files located in users/Edward/appdata/roaming, without going into the windows program list and uninstalling it there. Now, I can't remove it from my programs list, and every...
  6. Background & Foreground Programs Crash without Warning or Error Message

Background & Foreground Programs Crash without Warning or Error Message: Been having this issue for a while now. It started happening once every month or so but now it's happening almost weekly. The majority of all background and foreground programs crash simultaneously for no explicit reason and is quickly becoming problematic and I've been...
  7. Computer randomly freezes and reboots without any errors.

Computer randomly freezes and reboots without any errors.: Hello. My computer randomly freezes and reboots without any blue screens. At the beginning i thought that my SSD is dyeing and i bought a new one. The problem still persist. The only error i get in Event Viewer is: Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot by Lightshot Screenshot...
  8. Office programs not exiting properly - any of them.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office programs not exiting properly - any of them.: Got a fun one here. I have a client with five computers all running Windows 10 and Office 365. Pretty much all of them are running well, until this week one of them went weird. I was called in because it was running slowly and Access in particular was acting up (they share a...
  9. Certain programs closes without any errors

Certain programs closes without any errors: Hi So I'm having this extremely annoying issue in windows 10. Applications like Discord, Steam and Uplay are closing randomly without any errors, both when closing and in event viewer. I have tried doing a clean install of Windows 10 Pro and Edu 1803/1709/1703...
  10. Windows 10 closes some programs without error message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 closes some programs without error message: Hello eveyrone, So, for the past 2 days my pc is displaying an unusual behaviour. Every installer that I download does not work. Some programs like uTorrent or Dolphin or Hijackthis don't work. I have tried compatibility, I have tried running them as admin. And nothing...