Windows 10: Programs freeze up when I try to input using Japanese IME

Discus and support Programs freeze up when I try to input using Japanese IME in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I don't really know how to open up so I'll just get straight to the point. As the thread title might suggest, every time I try to input... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Anxient, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Anxient Win User

Programs freeze up when I try to input using Japanese IME

Hello, I don't really know how to open up so I'll just get straight to the point.

As the thread title might suggest, every time I try to input Japanese text (Hiragana, Katakana/Kanji), the program freezes for some 3 seconds (give or take a second). Just to put everyone on the same page, WIN + Space to change the language and ALT + ~(tilde) to change input type.

The problem is whenever I try to input Japanese text, the program would fall into [Not Responding] and snap back into [Responding], but I won't be able to change my input from the default Hiragana to literally anything else. I have no idea where to look and it's rather concerning since I kinda need that feature. It's really inconvenient.

If anyone actually read this, thank you for your time and hopefully anyone can help me resolve this problem; it's really bugging me.

I also found a similar thread on sevenforms but it had like 1 reply and it was back in 2010ish.
    Thread in question: https://www.sevenforums.com/general-...ese-input.html

:)

Anxient, Jan 21, 2018

2. Windows 10 IME Japanese stuck on romaji (直接) won't toggle to other inputs

Hi Marilou,

Thanks for the link, but it refers to a problem with writing with the Japanese IME in Word.

My problem is more general/basic. I cannot even select the japanese inputs other than the romaji input (which is the same as the English keyboard). So whatever program I am trying to write in, the text is input with English characters, rather than Japanese
    characters.

Peter

Peter Berrill, Jan 21, 2018
  3. ForyHorio Win User
    How to give keyboard priority in window 10

That does not work on Windows 10. I have English (US) in the first, then Japanese in the second language. I overwrote the input method to Japanese (IME). The EN still comes up as a default input method when a system starts. Works perfectly on Windows 7.

Where do I post a bug?

ForyHorio, Jan 21, 2018
  4. Programs freeze up when I try to input using Japanese IME

Midou35000, Jan 23, 2018
  5. mobilevil Win User
    I am having a more serious Japanese IME issue recently. Using chrome(web whatsapp mostly), the PC may freeze, or even BSOD when I switch IME Not sure if it is Japanese or the other IME. I have been using Google Japanese IME for years but I found that I am using MS Japanese IME when I checked. I have English, Chinese and Japanese IME installed. I have removed MS Japanese IME and switched to Google and see if it fixes the issue.

mobilevil, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Programs freeze up when I try to input using Japanese IME

1. Programs freeze up when I try to input using Japanese IME - Similar Threads - Programs freeze try

2. Japanese IME input buggy?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Japanese IME input buggy?: I use Japanese input a lot and it's always been somewhat buggy in my opinion.Often times when I switch to Japanese from English, it defaults to Half-width alphanumeric mode instead of my preferred Hiragana mode. So I'm constantly having to switch back and forth.Often times...
  3. Japanese IME input buggy?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Japanese IME input buggy?: I use Japanese input a lot and it's always been somewhat buggy in my opinion.Often times when I switch to Japanese from English, it defaults to Half-width alphanumeric mode instead of my preferred Hiragana mode. So I'm constantly having to switch back and forth.Often times...
  4. Japanese IME Keyboard Input Prediction.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Japanese IME Keyboard Input Prediction.: I am currently learning Japanese and am needing to use the Japanese IME keyboard on windows 10. However, the predictive text started to auto complete and show the sentences before I could finish them. The problem is, I am studying and am not trying to have text give me the...
  5. Japanese IME disable alphanumeric input

in Windows 10 Support
    Japanese IME disable alphanumeric input: Sorry if this is in the wrong section. I have not been here in like almost 5 years now. I have the IME setup such that I can switch from English to Japanese with a keyboard shortcut, but there is one major annoyance: alphanumeric input is always on until I switch it with...
  6. Windows 10 Japanese IME Input Problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Japanese IME Input Problem: [ATTACH] I installed Microsoft Japanese IME Input in my work laptop, but I wasn't able to change to hiragana/katakana (by right-clicking or pressing Alt + ~) and an error message will pop out as per following:-...
  7. IME Japanese kana input failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    IME Japanese kana input failure: Please kindly advise what to do. I searched and tried many ways of finding the solution, but everything failed so far. I cannot change romaji input into kana hiragana, katakana, kanji Chinese characters although the Japanese language pack seems to be installed. I cannot...
  8. Japanese IME

Japanese IME: In the language bar, I cannot select 'Hiragana' or 'Katakana' in "Input Mode". Only 'Half-width alphanumeric' is available. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-ime/d654e92e-7b1b-404b-83b9-77d9e6124c06
  9. I can switch to Japanese Microsoft IME but CANNOT input Japanese characters

I can switch to Japanese Microsoft IME but CANNOT input Japanese characters: Windows 10. I can switch to Japanese Microsoft IME but CANNOT input Japanese characters. When I left click on the A character, nothing happens. When I right click, some options appear, but when I click on Hiragana, but nothing happens. I have tried some of the solutions...
  10. IME Japanese input

IME Japanese input: So, set up Japanese as my second input. Each time I hit alt + shift, it will switch to Japanese. However the annoying issue I am dealing with is when it switches to Japanese mode, it is in alphanumeric not hirigana mode, which is extremely annoying because if someone switches...