Windows 10: Programs freezing when going to print

Discus and support Programs freezing when going to print in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, I have recently started experiencing a problem when trying to print, from whatever program I use. When I click file > Print or press... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MarkJR84, Oct 31, 2016.

1. MarkJR84 Win User

Programs freezing when going to print

Hi all,

I have recently started experiencing a problem when trying to print, from whatever program I use.

When I click file > Print or press Ctrl+P the program freezes, before the printing dialogue window appears.

The only way I can get around this is to run the program as administrator.

I have run windows update and the PC is up to date.

Does anyone know a fix for this please? It would be good not to have to run every program as admin.

Here are the system specs:

------------------
    System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 11/1/2016, 09:45:58
    Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 14393) (14393.rs1_release_inmarket.161014-1755)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: LENOVO
    System Model: 20287
    BIOS: 8DCN40WW
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4702MQ CPU @ 2.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
    Memory: 8192MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 8104MB RAM
    Page File: 6136MB used, 4143MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 12
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    Miracast: Available, with HDCP
    Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Supported
    DxDiag Version: 10.00.14393.0000 64bit Unicode

Thanks

:)

MarkJR84, Oct 31, 2016

2. Can t print anything with windows 10

What a **** windows 10 is , it should be an update to 8.1 not a whole new operative system,

whenever I try to print anything, it freezing everything , have to reinstall Microsoft Office .

I reinstall Microsoft office , try to print again, and again windows 10 freeze programs of

Microsoft office.

If one try to print of Microsoft word, windows 10 won t just print, but, it will also freeze

word.

How could an operative system freeze programs , just for the sake of printing a document ?

I don t think that anybody of Microsoft developer are capable to sort this issue out.

When are they going to learn of Apple ????

GianniRapazetti, Oct 31, 2016
  3. JWB46 Win User
    Windows 10 Printer Problems.

JWB46, Oct 31, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Uninstall the printer software and drivers to flush out the Print Spooler, reboot and reinstall the software for your printer, drivers and let Setup find and connect to your printer.

bro67, Oct 31, 2016
  5. MarkJR84 Win User
    Thanks, I will do that and report back.

MarkJR84, Oct 31, 2016
  6. MarkJR84 Win User
    @bro67 Thanks for your advice. I did what you said the day after you posted your reply and it seemed to work, so I thought I'd leave it a few days to see how it went before coming back.

It worked throughout last week, but yesterday it happened again so I repeated what you said and it has fixed it again.

I have a feeling I'm going to be doing this every week.

Do you have any idea of anything else if could be?

MarkJR84, Nov 6, 2016
  7. bro67 Win User
    Any third party security software running on the computer? Connecting to it with USB, WiFI or Ethernet? Printer manufacturer and model.

bro67, Nov 7, 2016
  8. MarkJR84 Win User

Thanks for your reply.

I have Trend Micro Internet Security running on the PC. I have had an active subscription to the service for the last 6 years and it's never affected the printing before.

The printer is an HP Laserjet Pro 400 Color M475dn and it's connected by ethernet.

MarkJR84, Nov 7, 2016
  9. bro67 Win User
    Get rid of Trend Micro. That software only protects the company's profit margin by selling a false sense of security. You only need a Anti-Malware product like Malwarebytes, no firewall is needed if you are on your own network behind the gateway, since IPTables, which all gateways use, is very good at keeping the ports in stealth.

First step in troubleshooting network or device issues is to dump the security software programs.

bro67, Nov 7, 2016
  10. MarkJR84 Win User
    Ok thanks, I will get rid of trend and see if it solves the problem.

I'll report back in a few days

MarkJR84, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Programs freezing when going to print - Similar Threads - Programs freezing going

2. Program Freezes When Trying to Print

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program Freezes When Trying to Print: The problem started when we would try to print a document, it would freeze/lock up the program we were using. Eventually I figured out that if I stopped or restarted the printer spooler service the programs would unfreeze. One trip to Microcenter for a full diagnostic. $300,...
  3. Program Freezes When Trying to Print

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program Freezes When Trying to Print: The problem started when we would try to print a document, it would freeze/lock up the program we were using. Eventually I figured out that if I stopped or restarted the printer spooler service the programs would unfreeze. One trip to Microcenter for a full diagnostic. $300,...
  4. USB devices freezing when going into fullscreen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB devices freezing when going into fullscreen: Hello,I have an issue where whenever I go into full screen mode, my USB devices freeze for a few seconds. It happens across all my devices, including my mouse and keyboard RGB freezes, and buttons do not work . I've tried countless different devices but the problem seems to...
  5. When i go to Advance Option it freezes

in Windows 10 Customization
    When i go to Advance Option it freezes: When i go to settings then update and security then press Advanced Options it freezes i dont know why this happen but it happen it freezes after i press the button...
  6. Freezing on the Blue when click "Print" button

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freezing on the Blue when click "Print" button: Hi, I've just encountered an issue when started to print something. I copied a text from Whatsapp Web and pasted it on Word. But when I clicked the Print button, suddenly appeared Freezing on the Blue and the computer restarted automatically. I've tried to print again from...
  7. Computer freezes when printing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Computer freezes when printing in Windows 10: While printing works fine most of the time, it may so happen that the computer stops responding as soon as you try to print a document or an image. This post will guide you on how you can fix the problem using some simple tips. Computer freezes when printing in Windows 10...
  8. Windows 10 - any program crashes/freezes when trying to print to Panasonic KX-MB263RU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - any program crashes/freezes when trying to print to Panasonic KX-MB263RU: Symptoms: Any program freezes/craches tryint to print page to Panasonic KX-MB263RU. Tested on Chrome crash, OpenOffice freeze, Windows system printer properties window crash. Error details: While trying to print test page from command line this message appears:...
  9. blue screen when going to print

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    blue screen when going to print: hi, don’t know if anyone can help but every time i go to print something on my pc, it always blue screens and i got no clue why submitted by /u/BriggzYT [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f8em60/blue_screen_when_going_to_print/
  10. task bar will not go away when i go to a different program

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    task bar will not go away when i go to a different program: task bar will not go away when I go to a different program https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-will-not-go-away-when-i-go-to-a-different/b35aceb4-4b15-45ce-b44e-4a79ac0a007f