Windows 10: Programs going into "not responding" mode

Discus and support Programs going into "not responding" mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm running WIN 10 and lately : 1 - while running older version of OFFICE [10 I believe } and also Libre Office I suddenly see a "not responding"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EPETRASEK, Aug 3, 2018.

1. EPETRASEK Win User

Programs going into "not responding" mode

I'm running WIN 10 and lately :

1 - while running older version of OFFICE [10 I believe } and also Libre Office I suddenly see a "not responding" message - after a minute or more the program again becomes functional.

2 - also while on the internet in either Firefox or Chrome - it goes into a temporary freeze - and again after a minute or so it becomes functional.

Please any ideas what possible cause. I scan system with NORTON daily, I've used Microsoft malicious software remover - problem persists.

Thank you

:)

EPETRASEK, Aug 3, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Programs going into "not responding" mode :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 3, 2018
  3. Windows 10: Program not responding

Hello Rodrigo,

Thanks for the information and screenshot.

I understand you are not able to use this audio monitor program after Windows updates.

1. What is the KB number of the installed cumulative update?

2. Are you able to move the mouse, When the Spinning blue circle occurs i.e., move the spinning blue circle using the mouse?

3. Are you facing this issue in both desktop and laptop?

You may follow the below steps to find the KB number of the update.

• Press "Windows" + "R", Type "appwiz.cpl" and press Enter.
    • Click on the “View installed updates” from the navigation pane.
    I suggest that you run the program in compatibility mode and check if the issue persist. To change mode follow the steps below:

1. Right click on the application and select Properties.

2. Click the Compatibility tab and then tick the box labelled Run this program in compatibility mode for.

3. Select the version of Windows (Windows XP) that the app worked in before and Click OK.

If the issue still persists, you may re-install the program in compatibility mode and check.

Please follow the below steps for the same.

a. Right click/tap twice the program setup file and select Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.

b. Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.

c. Tap or click the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click OK.

d. Try installing the driver/software and check.

Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Aug 3, 2018
  4. Programs going into "not responding" mode

New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Aug 3, 2018
Thema:

Programs going into "not responding" mode

1. Programs going into "not responding" mode - Similar Threads - Programs going responding

2. End program - Microsoft.Shar not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    End program - Microsoft.Shar not responding: Recently every time I try to shut down my computer, I get a pop-up notification saying End program - Microsoft-Shar and I have to go to the task manager and end the Microsoft SharePoint task, then I don't get the notification anymore. I tried to fix this issue by uninstalling...
  3. Many programs not responding

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Many programs not responding: I turned on my computer this morning, and since, it has been running extremley slowly, programs closing for no reason. for example sevral programs even like notepad or device manager, it comes up with not responding and have to close it with task manager. i ran the SFC log...
  4. Game Crashed and now programs go into a "not responding" state often

in Windows 10 Support
    Game Crashed and now programs go into a "not responding" state often: Was playing a game, Ark, and got a pretty common low level fatal crash d3d hung. Since then, all programs have been running drastically slower. I tried sfc scannow, and it stated there were corrupted files that it could not fix, so my next step was the dism restore health,...
  5. "Program not responding" tracker?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Program not responding" tracker?: I work with a program that frequently reports "Program not Responding" for a few minutes and then seems to "snap out of it". I would like to track how much of my day is spent looking at a frozen program. Is there any way to track how much time a program spend unresponsive?...
  6. Program Not Responding

Program Not Responding: Need help.Program not responding nch software bluescreen occurs already done doing reinstalling software , update graphics card, install .net framework https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-not-responding/3b5240cd-9dbf-4b45-8ee6-b3a94c592782
  7. Programs not responding

Programs not responding: Recently my Lenovo Windows 10 pc freezes to the point that it now longer functions with out removing power and restarting. This can occur both when in active use or after coming back from sleep mode. Programs including all Office products are gray with the spinning icon...
  8. Program not responding

Program not responding: For about a week or so now we’ve had the same issue that many have had since the latest update. We applied the patch yesterday and all seemd well. For a brief moment. Today while working within our company program, we attempted to email a client. The program emails through...
  9. Programs not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs not responding: I have a weird problem, my programs is not responding with win 10 version 1607 to 1709. I wonder what happen. These does not happen with win 10 version 1511 and 1803. 113467
  10. Programs not responding

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs not responding: I have a weird problem, my programs is not responding with win 10 version 1607 to 1709. I wonder what happen. These does not happen with win 10 version 1511 and 1803. 113467