Windows 10: Programs in start menu aren't showing up in Windows search

Discus and support Programs in start menu aren't showing up in Windows search in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a video here for demonstration. Essentially programs in the start menu aren't showing up. Simple as that. This is a fresh install of the latest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ADAMPOKE111, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Programs in start menu aren't showing up in Windows search

I have a video here for demonstration. Essentially programs in the start menu aren't showing up. Simple as that. This is a fresh install of the latest creators update, literally straight from the ISO on the Media Creation Tool.

Any help appreciated.

:)

ADAMPOKE111, Apr 15, 2017

2. Office 2016 programs not showing up in 'Start Menu' in Windows 10

Seems that they are in the correct folder for Windows 10, but not showing in our Start Menu :

You can find the Office 2016 shortcuts using File Explorer :

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

I've got 3 Windows 10 users with same issue at my company. This issue has also been reported on several other forums.

Plus, when you finally open the program you cannot pin the icon to task bar.

Need hotfix.

MichaelAnderson0001, Apr 15, 2017
  3. Office 2016 programs not showing up in 'Start Menu' in Windows 10

where is the start to begin after I installe my Microsoft 2016

Dolores Klundt, Apr 15, 2017
  4. roy111 Win User

Programs in start menu aren't showing up in Windows search

Creator Update search issue (fresh install) - - Windows 10 Forums

I have the exact same problem, on the link you find workarounds
    (reinstall older version or create new user/s), maybe it's because we
    use "111" in our nickname.

roy111, Apr 15, 2017
  5. How odd. That does indeed appear to be the same issue. I think it is prejudice because we both have 111 in the username, what a coincidence though!

I might just install Classic Shell in the meantime and use that as an alternative start menu.

ADAMPOKE111, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Programs in start menu aren't showing up in Windows search

1. Programs in start menu aren't showing up in Windows search - Similar Threads - Programs start menu

2. Programs/apps in Start menu that aren't installed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs/apps in Start menu that aren't installed: I have a number of programs/apps that are not installed on my Windows 10 system but yet show up in the Start menu.For one example, the start menu claims I have an app named "Xbox One SmartGlass" on my system. Clicking on the entry does nothing. Right clicking and selecting...
  3. Programs/apps in Start menu that aren't installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs/apps in Start menu that aren't installed: I have a number of programs/apps that are not installed on my Windows 10 system but yet show up in the Start menu.For one example, the start menu claims I have an app named "Xbox One SmartGlass" on my system. Clicking on the entry does nothing. Right clicking and selecting...
  4. Programs/apps in Start menu that aren't installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. App icons aren't showing in Start Menu

App icons aren't showing in Start Menu: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,App icons are not showing in Start Menu. I'd reset Start Menu in Registry Editor bit still not fixed. But icons are showing in Start Menu folder....
  6. Programs not showing in start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Programs not showing in start menu: I recently changed which SSD I wanted games and a few other things on. Since changing this any of the things installed aren’t showing up on the start menu. I have 3 different SSD’s, not sure if this have anything to do with it? I don’t know if I’m supposed to enable the...
  7. Start Menu Search Not Showing New Programs in the Results

in Cortana
    Start Menu Search Not Showing New Programs in the Results: When I attempt to search for newly installed programs via the start menu search, they do not appear. Programs that I have had for a long time do still appear in search results. I have tried restarting the windows search service, restarting windows explorer, restarting the...
  8. PROGRAMS NOT SHOWING IN START MENU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PROGRAMS NOT SHOWING IN START MENU: Hey there! I have a problem, few days ago I noticed that I dont have all my programs in start menu, they are all gone and when I search for them in search box I cant find them there....
  9. Programs Not Showing Up in Start Menu

Programs Not Showing Up in Start Menu: I download programs. They get place in Documents folder (did another question on that). They don't show up in Start Menu. How do I get them to show up there? Thanks....
  10. Windows 10 Start Menu Search Bar Not Showing Programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Start Menu Search Bar Not Showing Programs: I have been having a problem with my start menu in Windows 10! When I search up a program like "Paint" or "Photoshop" it does not show up! However, built-in apps such as "Settings" and "Edge" show up! I have tried rebuilding the search index with no luck so far! I...