Windows 10: Programs launched with keyboard shortcuts lagging.

Discus and support Programs launched with keyboard shortcuts lagging. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Programs launched with keyboard shortcuts(either single key or ctrl alt) take for about 5-6 seconds to start. Even notepad.... 36530 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ddinc, Jan 6, 2016.

1. ddinc Win User

Programs launched with keyboard shortcuts lagging.

Programs launched with keyboard shortcuts(either single key or ctrl alt) take for about 5-6 seconds to start.
    Even notepad....

:)

ddinc, Jan 6, 2016
  2. borate Win User

Lag when using shortcut (keyboard) keys

Click a program shortcut. The app launches immediately. Use shortcut keys and it takes four seconds.

e.g. - Click the Quicken shortcut: immediate launch. Use the keyboard keys specified for that SC <alt|ctrl|Q>: program opens in four seconds. Why?

This did not occur in Windows 7, 8 or 8.1, to my recollection. If shortcuts are deleted and reconfigured, the keyboard accelerators may work as they should - until a reboot or two. Then it's back to lagging.

borate, Jan 6, 2016
  3. borate Win User
    STORE apps background processes cause keyboard shortcut lag (revisited)

Store-derived apps running as a background process cause a four-second lag when
    keyboard input is used to launch any shortcut.

Calculator, as an example, spontaneously appears as a background process, or any store app may invoke STORE in the background, as seen in taskmanager. If either is shown there, a keyboard shortcut launch will lag. When launched manually, calculator does not
    appear as a background process, but later - even when not used - it will eventually be listed.

At times there's a lag even without these processes running, but that is infrequent and may occur after rebooting. Lag can be banished by clicking the notification icon or killing the SHELL EXPERIENCE HOST process, which hints that it's related to the problem.
    The process restarts spontaneously, but the lag doesn't return until, often, the next boot.

Some posts hint that this issue has been ongoing for years, but it first became evident here in Windows 10. Is there a way to prevent store apps from running in the background? Better still, is there a way to prevent the lag when they do?

borate, Jan 6, 2016
  4. D3LL Win User

What happens if you try opening notepad from the start menu? How long does that take?

D3LL, Jan 6, 2016
  5. ddinc Win User
    From start menu:under 1 second

ddinc, Jan 7, 2016
  6. borgus Win User
    See Hotkey shorcuts are very slow

borgus, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Programs launched with keyboard shortcuts lagging. - Similar Threads - Programs launched keyboard

2. I can not make shortcuts to launch a program from desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can not make shortcuts to launch a program from desktop: Example Razor.exe launch's interface from install location. Cannot create shortcut to desktop ". . . . check to see if the disk is full". C partition has 100 gigs open. Just re-installed program. Other shortcuts don't work. A right click I on desktop under new only shows new...
  3. Program launch shortcuts don't work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program launch shortcuts don't work: Height What I want is to launch programs, such as Notepad, using the key combination. The instructions are pretty clear: - create a shortcut on the desktop. — Click properties, put the cursor in the "shortcut key" and select key. - hit 'apply' — You then have a...
  4. Acces Denied - trying to create shortcut launching program with CMD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Acces Denied - trying to create shortcut launching program with CMD: Hello! I am running Windows 10 and trying to adjust the affinity & the priority of Escape from Tarkov in the task manager automatically when I launch the game. I am aware you can manually change it, but every time you close the session you have to re do it. It is my...
  5. How to launch multiple programs with one shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to launch multiple programs with one shortcut in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Want to learn a simple tip that saves 2 seconds of your time? I’ll […] This article How to launch multiple programs with one shortcut in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Shortcuts fail to launch the program

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shortcuts fail to launch the program: For a few days now every time I double click a shortcut the screen flashes off then back on and the program fails to start. If I right click the program and chose properties to look at the shortcut I get the same thing. When I do this with taskmanager open "Windows Problem...
  7. Delay launching programs with keyboard shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Delay launching programs with keyboard shortcuts: Hi Guys, Long time lurker but just registered ! So please bare with me. I just got a NEW PC so I installed Windows 10 Home on it. Now I am running into an issue that when starting a program via the Shortcut Key (Added via Right Click on Shortcut, and select Properties and...
  8. Program launch lag (FYI)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Program launch lag (FYI): There is a lag of approximately three seconds when launching programs via Windows 10 shortcut keys. This is a longstanding, oft-reported issue that is alleged by some forum participants to predate Windows 10. There is no lag if programs are launched via a mouse. The fault...
  9. BG processes cause keyboard shortcut lag

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    BG processes cause keyboard shortcut lag: Update, as of 12/5/15 After considerable experimentation it appears that the lag will occur when a STORE or (system) SETTINGS app (Calculator, for example) or "store" itself is listed in Task Manager background processes. Kill the process, and the lag vanishes. When the...
  10. 3-second lag when launching programs

in Windows 10 Support
    3-second lag when launching programs: UPDATE: Well, I suffered with this for a number of months, but the recent major update (2015/11/11) seems to have fixed it, so case closed. Hi, I'm an ex programmer and I just upgraded from Windows 8.1 to 10. I have a desktop with an Intel i5, and a Gigabyte motherboard...