Windows 10: Programs load slower than windows 7

Discus and support Programs load slower than windows 7 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So I upgraded finally after I felt that windows 10 was on the right track. I noticed my programs load 5 to 8 seconds slower than with windows 7. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by nashiem, Nov 18, 2015.

1. nashiem Win User

Programs load slower than windows 7

So I upgraded finally after I felt that windows 10 was on the right track. I noticed my programs load 5 to 8 seconds slower than with windows 7. I have 2 ssd drives and sometimes when I am searching for a file it will tell me "WORKING ON IT". This never happened with windows 7. I must say as far as gaming I have seen some minor improvements with windows 10, I'm assuming that's because of the way the gpu and cpu are transferring information.

Anyway to the original issue I know its not a huge problem but has anyone else noticed this if so have you fixed it?

:)

nashiem, Nov 18, 2015
  2. mortamer Win User

slow game play windows 10

I down loaded free windows 10 spider solitaire and it runs slower than I do? Is this typical? Windows 7 games ran fast.

mortamer, Nov 18, 2015
  3. Totig Win User
    Totig, Nov 18, 2015
  4. T0mmy1977 Win User

For me, Win 10 is faster than Win 7. Maybe your Indexing Locations need to be re-built.

T0mmy1977, Nov 18, 2015
  5. Is your system running all up-to-date drivers? Windows 7 didn't have the "working on it" message, it would just delay, so is it possible that they do open at the same time, but your feeling it is longer because of the message?

DeaconFrost, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Programs load slower than windows 7 - Similar Threads - Programs load slower

2. Ethernet is loading everything slower than wifi!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet is loading everything slower than wifi!: Unfortunately my PC has begun running slower on ethernet rather than Wi-Fi. Often, when I load up my computer and open tabs it will take a solid 5-10 seconds to load just the tab or app. I recently around 2-3 months ago bought a cat 6 ethernet cord to replace my old one when...
  3. Ethernet is loading everything slower than wifi!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet is loading everything slower than wifi!: Unfortunately my PC has begun running slower on ethernet rather than Wi-Fi. Often, when I load up my computer and open tabs it will take a solid 5-10 seconds to load just the tab or app. I recently around 2-3 months ago bought a cat 6 ethernet cord to replace my old one when...
  4. Ethernet is loading everything slower than wifi!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Internet becoming slower and slower than usual

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet becoming slower and slower than usual: I notice it recently but my download and upload sleep was dropping. I notice it by playing my game and I keep lagging. I check always my adapter and network but ther seems no problem. Is there any options to check what causes this?...
  6. Internet becoming slower and slower than usual

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet becoming slower and slower than usual: I notice it recently but my download and upload sleep was dropping. I notice it by playing my game and I keep lagging. I check always my adapter and network but ther seems no problem. Is there any options to check what causes this?...
  7. internet becoming slower and slower than usual

in Windows 10 Gaming
    internet becoming slower and slower than usual: I don't know what may cause the prboelm but I notice that my download and upload speed is deopping I noticed it when I'm playing my game, however I don't know what might be the reason behind it, I always do troubleshootimg in network adapter but recently it's not working...
  8. Windows 10 internet slower than windows 7

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 internet slower than windows 7: Hello, I have recently got a new windows 10 PC. However, I am unfortunately gaining severely low internet speeds in comparions to my old system. I have moved the cable from one PC to the other, with my existing windows 7 PC getting over 100mb on speedtest, however with the...
  9. Performace of malloc/free is very slower than Windows 7

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Performace of malloc/free is very slower than Windows 7: Hello all, I've created a simple program for measuring malloc() and free() by QueryPerformanceCounter() in a few byte size like this. Code: for (int i = 0; i < 100; i++) {QueryPerformanceCounter(&gStart);p =...
  10. Windows 10 32bit slower on SSD than Windows 7

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 32bit slower on SSD than Windows 7: Have upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 a few times already and keep going back to Win 7 'cause it system slows down (start up and shutdown) after second reboot on Win 10. It takes about 30 seconds to load on Win with all kinds of installed programs. Win 10 takes at least...