Windows 10: Programs lose focus/can't be interacted with but, not "not responding"

Discus and support Programs lose focus/can't be interacted with but, not "not responding" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a brand new MSI GT72 Dominator Pro G (GT72 6QE aka -034 model). I got it from XoticPC.com, and the only changes were to use IC Diamond thermal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kittykatmax, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Programs lose focus/can't be interacted with but, not "not responding"

I have a brand new MSI GT72 Dominator Pro G (GT72 6QE aka -034 model). I got it from XoticPC.com, and the only changes were to use IC Diamond thermal compound, to swap out the generic m.2 SSD for a Samsung 850 EVO, and to do a clean Windows 10 install (including drivers) so I wouldn't have to deal with bloatware.

The issue I'm running into is that some programs (Blizzard Battle.net client, Logitech Gaming Software for my G700, DropBox and LastPass for Applications) will randomly stop responding to mouse clicks. The programs seem to lose focus even when they're in front, and I can't interact with anything except to click on and "bring to front" the actual window. The "x" to close the window is greyed out, I can't click into chat boxes, it's like the program is frozen, except it doesn't show as "not responding" in task manager. I can't close the programs unless I kill them in Task Manager. The issues pre-date having anti-virus software (currently Avira and Malwarebytes), and were happening in the Battle.net client (first thing I installed) before any other software was added to the system. The problem occurred whether it was just the Synaptics Touchpad in use, or if I used a mouse (tried two different Logitech mice). Browsers seem fine (Chrome, Edge, Internet Explorer), as does World of Warcraft.

HD Tune Pro showed no issues with the SSD or HDD, Memtest86 and Windows Memory Diagnostic found nothing wrong with the RAM. I also used Valley Benchmark, and everything was perfect there.

Is this a Windows 10 bug? Anyone know what else to look at?

Thanks.

:)

kittykatmax, Jan 28, 2016

2. Programs open but can't be clicked on/ interacted with. (Windows 10)

What is the make and model of your computer?

Do you have Tablet mode turned on?

Press Windows key + A

Toggle off Tablet mode at the bottom if its enabled

Can you create another user account to see if this problem persists there?

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/create-manage-...

Andre Da Costa, Jan 28, 2016
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Jan 28, 2016
Thema:

Programs lose focus/can't be interacted with but, not "not responding"

1. Programs lose focus/can't be interacted with but, not "not responding" - Similar Threads - Programs lose focus

2. Apps losing focus randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps losing focus randomly: I just got a new gaming PC which has Windows 11. At first, I thought it was because of certain hotkeys I forgot to change. But recently this has been happening very often and I've searched online many times for a fix with no luck. I'm getting very frustrated, this whole thing...
  3. Apps losing focus randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps losing focus randomly: I just got a new gaming PC which has Windows 11. At first I thought it was because of certain hotkeys I forgot to change. But recently this has been happening very often and I've searched online many times for a fix with no luck. I'm getting very frustrated, this whole thing...
  4. Can't interact with certain Windows Programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't interact with certain Windows Programs: Hi! For some reason I'm unable to click on some Microsoft apps with my mouse. I can use my keyboard to interact with them but, nothing with my mouse. For example, Power Toys loads up but, I can't click on anything! All I can do is move the window around but I can't click on...
  5. Can't interact with certain Windows Programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't interact with certain Windows Programs: Hi! For some reason I'm unable to click on some Microsoft apps with my mouse. I can use my keyboard to interact with them but, nothing with my mouse. For example, Power Toys loads up but, I can't click on anything! All I can do is move the window around but I can't click on...
  6. Can't interact with certain Windows Programs

7. Program refusing to lose focus.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Program refusing to lose focus.: Hello, I run a small business, we have a pc for receiving orders. We have 2 main programs running, lets say A and B. When an order is received at program A and program B is on focus, the B should normally minimize as the A comes to foreground notifying for the new order. The...
  8. Program refusing to lose focus.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program refusing to lose focus.: Hello, I run a small business, we have a pc for receiving orders. We have 2 main programs running, lets say A and B. When an order is received at program A and program B is on focus, the B should normally minimize as the A comes to foreground notifying for the new order. The...
  9. Program refusing to lose focus.

10. Losing focus

in Windows 10 Support
    Losing focus: Hello, I have an annoying bug that i could not find an answer for. When i click on de navigation bar in the explorer, First it turns blue what is normal but then it loses his focus somehow. When I open notepad and click inside, the focus switches on and off. When i click on...