Windows 10: Programs not opening and desktop locking up Windows 10

Discus and support Programs not opening and desktop locking up Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Last night I was watching the game awards when my browser crashed and after closing it I couldn't click on any of my programs. I had discord still open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mulltea, Dec 8, 2023.

1. Mulltea Win User

Programs not opening and desktop locking up Windows 10

Last night I was watching the game awards when my browser crashed and after closing it I couldn't click on any of my programs. I had discord still open and I could talk to everyone in the call but couldn't click on anything in the window. I restarted my PC and it took an usually long time to load and log me in. I tried opening my browser and it wouldn't. I tried opening steam and it wouldn't. File Explorer opens just fine but I can't view any files I click on.I've tried:Start up repairTurning off power supply for several hoursUnplugging my PC for several hoursUninstalling the latest Windows 10

:)

Mulltea, Dec 8, 2023
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 8, 2023
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Dec 8, 2023
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Windows Spotlight on the lock screen

Hi,

There are multiple causes on why you're encountering this issue. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you disable and re-enable Spotlight. Simply follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop and open Personalize.
    • Open Lock Screen tab.
    • Under Background, switch from Windows Spotlight to a Picture or the Slideshow.
    • Click OK and close the Window.
    • Now Log off and log in.
    • Navigate to Lock screen and enable Windows Spotlight again.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Dec 8, 2023
Thema:

1. Programs not opening and desktop locking up Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Programs opening desktop

2. Programs not opening and desktop locking up Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs not opening and desktop locking up Windows 10: Last night I was watching the game awards when my browser crashed and after closing it I couldn't click on any of my programs. I had discord still open and I could talk to everyone in the call but couldn't click on anything in the window. I restarted my PC and it took an...
  3. Programs not opening and desktop locking up Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs not opening and desktop locking up Windows 10: Last night I was watching the game awards when my browser crashed and after closing it I couldn't click on any of my programs. I had discord still open and I could talk to everyone in the call but couldn't click on anything in the window. I restarted my PC and it took an...
  4. Kindle desktop program opening by itself on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Kindle desktop program opening by itself on Windows 10: Any solution to this? I've had this issue for more than a year. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kindle-desktop-program-opening-by-itself-on/c3bd0913-ce66-4073-945f-ef2432e8967c
  5. Open program in current desktop - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Open program in current desktop - Windows 10: Hi everyone,I usually use multiple desktops, each one for different target, and I've noticed an annoying problem. when I want to open program in the current desktop adobe reader for example , if the program is already opened in another desktop, windows sends me to that...
  6. Installed Programs wont open up - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installed Programs wont open up - Windows 10: So, I have this problem in my windows PC that when I try to open *some* installed programs. I mean that they would just not open. I click on the application's exe and nothing would happen, they just don't open up. Currently, I am having this problem with 2 programs: 1....
  7. Programs locking-up HELP

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Programs locking-up HELP: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Lyn_The_2nd [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/epl707/programs_lockingup_help/
  8. Locked up slow desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Locked up slow desktop: My desktop is running something all the time. I tried to locate what was running and got an error code: C:\Windows\Diagnostics\Index\MaintenanceDiagnostic.xml 0x80070005...
  9. Windows 10 Locks Up When Booting To Desktop

Windows 10 Locks Up When Booting To Desktop: Windows 10 64 bit with latest build 1803 and updates Sometimes when I boot my desktop machine, the OS freezes after the desktop icons appear. My machine is slow so I know there are still services launching because not all of the icons appear in the hidden icons drop-down in...
  10. Windows 10 Locks Up When Booting To Desktop

Windows 10 Locks Up When Booting To Desktop: Windows 10 64 bit with latest build 1803 and updates Sometimes when I boot my desktop machine, the OS freezes after the desktop icons appear. My machine is slow so I know there are still services launching because not all of the icons appear in the hidden icons drop-down...