Windows 10: Programs not restoring from taskbar

Discus and support Programs not restoring from taskbar in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I recently discovered this glitch after upgrading my Win 10 to v1803 b17134.165 certain programs refuse to restore after being minimised to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by bluemoon4ever, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Programs not restoring from taskbar

I recently discovered this glitch after upgrading my Win 10 to v1803 b17134.165

certain programs refuse to restore after being minimised to the taskbar. They just flash up to the top left of the screen and disappear, but still remain tiled in the taskbar. When i hover the mouse over these tiles in the taskbar it doesnt show the minimised program, it just shows a blank tile with the programmes name. Only certain programs are affected, namely kodi and BitTorrent ... so far.

The only fix so far is to close the program via task manager, then restart.

Any Ideas?

:)

bluemoon4ever, Jul 26, 2018
  2. sumasage Win User

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Jul 26, 2018
  3. Free hard drive backup/restore program?

Obviously you're looking for something besides your Xp Pro utility that does this?

thoughtdisorder, Jul 26, 2018
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Programs not restoring from taskbar

Remove (open) programs from taskbar

I'd just get a program called Ultramon. It puts a second taskbar on the second monitor, so if you have something up and running on the second monitor at all times it is displayed on that taskbar. It doesn't do exactly what you want, but it does solve the problem of wasted taskbar space.

newtekie1, Jul 26, 2018
Thema:

Programs not restoring from taskbar

1. Programs not restoring from taskbar - Similar Threads - Programs restoring taskbar

2. Hiding programs from Widows taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hiding programs from Widows taskbar: These days, there are so many junk programs that run in the background that my Window 10 taskbar is jammed packed of icons. It used to be possible to run programs without them adding an icon on to the taskbar. it looks like Microsoft has "Fixed" that now, so that all programs...
  3. Hiding programs from Widows taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hiding programs from Widows taskbar: These days, there are so many junk programs that run in the background that my Window 10 taskbar is jammed packed of icons. It used to be possible to run programs without them adding an icon on to the taskbar. it looks like Microsoft has "Fixed" that now, so that all programs...
  4. Hiding programs from Widows taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Programs Not Opening from Taskbar

Programs Not Opening from Taskbar: I can click on the programs on the taskbar and they do not open up on the desktop but if I hover the mouse over the taskbar they have in fact opened up but just not to the main screen. I have tried right mouse clicking to choose Restore or Maximise and nothing happens. They...
  6. Present programs from the taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Present programs from the taskbar: When i open google chrome with other apps, if i am using google chrome and i want to open another program from the taskbar, it will not open . I have to minimize google chrome every time. Any solution? submitted by /u/qais18 [link] [comments]...
  7. Programs dissappearimg from the taskbar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Programs dissappearimg from the taskbar: So I installed the newest updates and now some programs stop appearing in the small arrow menu in the task bar. GeForce experience, Uplay, overwolf and asus gpu tweak are some of them. The nvidia control panel dissappeared completely, after reinstalling the drivers it...
  8. Restore Program from Memory Stick

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restore Program from Memory Stick: new to Windows 10....I am lost. How do I restore genealogy program from old computer to new using memory stick. Thank You https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-program-from-memory-stick/2f82bcc8-7397-49f3-9147-38fa7a371d50"
  9. Program icons missing from Taskbar

Program icons missing from Taskbar: Hi there, I have a relatively new computer and one of the first things I did after installing Office was to drag three commonly used programs (Outlook, Word, Excel) to the Taskbar for convenience. It worked great for a couple of weeks, but now the strangest thing has...
  10. Issue with selecting programs from taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Issue with selecting programs from taskbar: Hi Everyone, Honestly, this is driving me nuts, never seen this issue before. When I have multiple programs running on my computer (Word, Excel, Chrome, and Microsoft Mail (I know Yucky, but Outlook doesn't work with my work's email servers yet...)) the computer will...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. restoring programs from task bar

2. apps not restoring from taskbar windows 10