Windows 10: Programs not running after windows 10 maintenance update

Discus and support Programs not running after windows 10 maintenance update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, My windows 10 was restarting with regular updates as usual. The update was done and I logged in to find that all the installed programs are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SuliTJ, Mar 18, 2018.

1. SuliTJ Win User

Programs not running after windows 10 maintenance update

Hello,

My windows 10 was restarting with regular updates as usual. The update was done and I logged in to find that all the installed programs are still installed but not working. They don't even appear in the program list. All the program files are still intact though. The only way to make the programs work was to manually delete the respective program folder and re-install. What is the cause of this? Is there another way to fix the issue without having to delete the programs and re-install?
    (My microsoft office installs have been used up from my online subscription and if I delete these programs I'll have to pay again to re-install them *Sad )

Thank you.

:)

SuliTJ, Mar 18, 2018

2. Unexpected reboots - How to fix repeated Windows 10 unexpected reboots

Hi Jay Jap....thanks for getting back to me over the festive period!

When I press the Windows Key it generates the Windows 10 equivalent to the old fly-out menu and programs. So I typed troubleshooting in the taskbar search bar. Troubleshooting was not available, but 'Troubleshoot' was, After clicking on Troubleshoot, it
    opened Troubleshoot in 'Settings', but again, I was not able to find any 'System Maintenance' tabs or links...a search for System Maintenance in the 'Settings' search bar gave 'No results for System Maintenance'.

In the Control Panel I did find 'Automatic Maintenance' (Control Panel\System and Security\Automatic Maintenance)...but as this is done automatically on a daily basis, I suspect this is not what you are suggesting I try.

I am currently running the sfc scan tool in Command Prompt (running as Administrator)

I will update 24 hours after it has run (as the PC is unexpectedly rebooting on a daily basis, if it doesn't reboot tomorrow, running the sfc tool may have resolved the issue).

Thanks again for taking the time to help me Jay Jap...much appreciated!

StevieP_333, Mar 18, 2018
  3. Nick_99H Win User
    USB Safe Remove Icon missing

After installing update KB4058258 the USB Safe Remove Icon is missing.

I have run the Troubleshooter/maintenance program and restarted the computer but icon is still missing.

Any answer to this please.

Nick_99H, Mar 18, 2018
  4. Programs not running after windows 10 maintenance update

check to see if you have any restore points. to try. system properties
    Open office will open office files and allow you to save these in office formats
    remember to uninstall programs not "delete"
    some win10 update just up set the system some times.

johnebadbak, Mar 19, 2018
  5. dalchina New Member
    Do you mean in the start menu? Or in the list of programs installed e.g. Control Panel, Programs and Features... or...?

Regarding the start menu: see if you can find shortcuts for any of your programs here:
    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu
    %appdata%\..\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu
    (copy those exactly into file explorer's address bar)

When you use the second of those, is that your normal user folder? (Look at the file explorer address bar)

dalchina, Mar 20, 2018
  6. Kari Win User
    Because %appdata% already points to AppData\Roaming, the second example command can be shortened to %appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu.

Variable for AppData\Local is then %localappdata% (off topic, I know, just mentioning it).

Kari, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Programs not running after windows 10 maintenance update

1. Programs not running after windows 10 maintenance update - Similar Threads - Programs running maintenance

2. Windows 10 Maintenance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Maintenance: See Q's a lot like this never find an answer. Most say Maintenance never stops running, but I say, though chosen maintenance never really starts, it just sits there and doesn't really do anything. How to get maintenance to actually do what it is supposed to do...
  3. Maintenance and updates !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Maintenance and updates !: At present I have my maintenance run check set to 02.00 am on Windows 10. I am a early riser and normally on my laptop by about 04.00 am. One of the first things I do is "check for updates", I carry on using the PC until I get "restart required" and I then normally restart...
  4. Maintenance and updates !

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Maintenance and updates !: At present I have my maintenance run check set to 02.00 am on Windows 10. I am a early riser and normally on my laptop by about 04.00 am. One of the first things I do is "check for updates", I carry on using the PC until I get "restart required" and I then normally restart...
  5. Windows 10 Automatic Maintenance running at wrong time

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Automatic Maintenance running at wrong time: Why does it run at 2:35 PM when set to run at 2:00 AM? The computer was on and logged in all night, every night. Yet something else to add to my list that is difficult if not impossible to control. [ATTACH]...
  6. Windows is unable to run automatic maintenance, The maintenance schedule is unavailable‘

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows is unable to run automatic maintenance, The maintenance schedule is unavailable‘: I can't start Maintenance in Windows 10 Home it shows last ran 10/26/19 any time I try to run I get a popup "Windows is unable to run automatic maintenance, The maintenance schedule is unavailable‘" I have tried to run SFC/ scannow no problems found, I have run DISM Tool, all...
  7. best program for PC maintenance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    best program for PC maintenance: is there any program or anything I can do to get blazing fast performance? I have a couple questions... am I allowed to post system specs on here? do I have a decent video card? do I have a decent processor? im very good with computers, but not too familiar with hardware....
  8. Windows is unable to run Automatic Maintenance

in Windows 10 News
    Windows is unable to run Automatic Maintenance: [ATTACH] Windows comes with an inbuilt Automatic Maintenance feature which takes care of important tasks like security updating and scanning, Windows software updates, Disk Defragmentation, Disk Volume Errors, System Diagnostics, etc. If you receive an error which says...
  9. Specify Automatic Maintenance Time to Run in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Specify Automatic Maintenance Time to Run in Windows 10: How to: Specify Automatic Maintenance Time to Run in Windows 10 How to Specify Automatic Maintenance Time to Run in Windows 10 Automatic Maintenance is when Windows automatically runs maintenance on a daily schedule when you're not using your computer. This includes...
  10. Run System Maintenance Troubleshooter in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Run System Maintenance Troubleshooter in Windows: How to: Run System Maintenance Troubleshooter in Windows How to Run System Maintenance Troubleshooter in Windows [img] Information By default, Windows will automatically run the System Maintenance troubleshooter on a scheduled basis in the background to check for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no programs running after windows 10 update