Windows 10: Programs Running but stuck minimized

Discus and support Programs Running but stuck minimized in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So, this happened when I was playing games on steam. The game crashed and now my Steam is stuck minimized along with other randoms things, like I cant... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by NEEDHELPWINDOWS, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Programs Running but stuck minimized

So, this happened when I was playing games on steam. The game crashed and now my Steam is stuck minimized along with other randoms things, like I cant even open folders, well they open up but you can't see them I go to my taskbar to click and try to maximize them but it won't do anything. I've looked everywhere for help but I can't find any. Please HELP!
    - If I didn't provide enough info I can try and explain myself better!

:)

NEEDHELPWINDOWS, Apr 4, 2016

2. Programs run minimized on task bar

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused with Windows 10.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. Are you facing this issue with only chrome and excel? What about other applications?

2. What happens when you click on the application (excel or chrome)? Don’t they get maximized?

3. Did you make any software changes to the computer prior to this issue?

You may follow the below steps and check.

• Right click on the chrome shortcut and select properties.
    • Select the shortcut tab.
    • In the “run” drop down, make sure “normal window” is selected.
    • Click on Apply.
    • Follow the same steps for excel application.
    Hope the information helps, do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Apr 4, 2016
  3. dav46220 Win User
    Programs run minimized on task bar

Thank you to the community for helping, I talked to a very nice and helpful Microsoft tech who told me that the last update did not load correctly and corrupted some files and that was causing my problem. He fixed the problem and helped my copy all my
    files and made sure no other files were corrupted.

dav46220, Apr 4, 2016
  4. caperjack Win User

Programs Running but stuck minimized

hello and welcome to tenforums, ,, I will first ask did you shut it down and reboot to see if any thing changed ,, if you did ,then maybe go to device manager and check video device driver ,maybe remove and reinstall them

caperjack, Apr 4, 2016
  5. Where in device manager is the video device driver?

6. I have 2 options
    Itel HD graphics 4600
    and Nvidia geforce GTX 750 Ti

7. AndreTen Win User
    There is one crazy possibility, that open window is positioned off the screen.

The easiest way to get it back is to snap one open program to left or right side of screen and Windows will offer you to choose a running program to position it on the other half of the screen.

If the missing application will show, just click on it and it will become visible.

Worth a try...

AndreTen, Apr 4, 2016
  8. Programs Running but stuck minimized

Idk how to snap my apps to left and right

9. AndreTen Win User
    Or just right click on the taskbar and select Cascade windows.

AndreTen, Apr 4, 2016
  10. AndreTen Win User
    Click (left) on the title bar and move open window to the side.

How to snap windows

Another possibility is to press Windows key+P and see, if Windows try to show the application window on the secondary desktop.

AndreTen, Apr 4, 2016
  11. The Intel is the graphics card integrated into your Intel processor and the Nvidia is the discrete graphics card. So every modern Intel PC will have Intel graphics option. AMD processors will have AMD integrated graphics.

orlbuckeye, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Programs Running but stuck minimized

1. Programs Running but stuck minimized - Similar Threads - Programs Running stuck

2. Task Scheduler running a program minimized.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler running a program minimized.: I have seen a lot of people asking the question about running a program minimized in Task Scheduler.Nobody seemed to have had an answer.This worked for me.......
  3. Task Scheduler running a program minimized.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler running a program minimized.: I have seen a lot of people asking the question about running a program minimized in Task Scheduler.Nobody seemed to have had an answer.This worked for me.......
  4. minimize a program on run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    minimize a program on run: I am trying to launch a music app on startup which uses the windows android emulator. I did the thing where you go into the startup folder and properties and set the run dropdown to minimized. That works, except it only works on the shortcut which launches music. Basically,...
  5. minimize a program on run

minimize a program on run: I am trying to launch a music app on startup which uses the windows android emulator. I did the thing where you go into the startup folder and properties and set the run dropdown to minimized. That works, except it only works on the shortcut which launches music. Basically,...
  6. Minimized Programs with Two Monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Minimized Programs with Two Monitors: Is there a way to minimize a window only to the task bar of of its respective monitor? For example, using two monitors, if I have a google chrome window open on each screen, when I minimize the window on my left monitor, I want to only be able to access it it from the task...
  7. Need to start a program minimized

Need to start a program minimized: Hi... I made a new string on the following registry key: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run I got the program to start on windows startup. But I need it to open minimized. What do I need to do to make it open...
  8. How to start a program minimized

in Windows 10 Support
    How to start a program minimized: Hi... I made a new string on the following registry key: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run I got the program to start on windows startup. But I need it to open minimized. What do I need to do to make it open...
  9. Minimize programs and restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Minimize programs and restore: Another problem I'm finding with 10 is as follows. With 7 it was easy to minimize an open program. It disappeared to Explorer and could be clicked on and restored. Under 10 you can minimize, but only the first one is recognized. If you minimized a second program it supplants...
  10. Win10: Minimized programs dissappear from taskbar but keep running

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10: Minimized programs dissappear from taskbar but keep running: Hello all, I have digged a lot to try to find any info related to my problem, and I haven't been able, so I decided to post in this forum since it seems like the biggest Win10 community all around *Smile Well, I have a HP Notebook 15-ac134ns Windows 10 Home 64bits from 3...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. application stuck minimized

2. chrome stays minimized on taskbar

3. windows application stuck minimized shortcut

4. app stuck minimized win 10,
  5. pcdj suck minimised to taskbar,
  6. window is stuck in minimize in taskbar,
  7. windows programs stuck minimized,
  8. program stuck minized in taskbar,
  9. windows10 stuck minimized,
  10. stuck minimized windows 10,
  11. program stuck minimized,