Windows 10: Programs & Services in Battery mode

Discus and support Programs & Services in Battery mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi All! I have a problem running SpyHunter4 on my Windows 10 Home computer, and I think there must be a workaround for this issue. The problem is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Levee44, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Levee44 Win User

Programs & Services in Battery mode

Hi All!

I have a problem running SpyHunter4 on my Windows 10 Home computer, and I think there must be a workaround for this issue.

The problem is that when I remove the power cord, SpyHunter crashes, and usually makes the OS crash as well. If I boot while on battery, it won't even start, unless I start it manually (in which case it works fine).

Please note that it absolutely doesn't matter what power settings I use.

Enigma Help Desk claims that it is the OS that shuts down the program / prevents it from loading at boot, because it tries to save the battery. Is this true? And if it is, how can I influence it?

Can I customize which programs will run while the PC is running on battery?

Thank you very much in advance for any suggestions!

:)

Levee44, Feb 3, 2017

2. N95 - Cannot view gallery, phone running slow and battery life shocking

Your battery should lsat more than 3hours. Press and hold the menu button in standby mode to see if there are any programs running, this will make the battery last longer when all programs are closed. Have you got many pics? I had the same problem when
    i had an N70, i had so many pics it was slow and took ages. Try reinstalling the firmware again, or take it to a service centre.

clarkkent26---01, Feb 3, 2017
  3. swedtex Win User
    Nokia 2610 Screen Blacks Out

So if power saver & sleep mode have no affect on the screen light, just what DO they do on the 2610? I've tried to get customer service to answer this but so far have no response except that they "save battery power". Duh! but how?

swedtex, Feb 3, 2017
  4. Programs & Services in Battery mode

Welcome to the TenForums @Levee44

First off the answer they gave you is a little suspect. If they don't know how their product works in Windows 10 they have a support issue, you are not running some basement built kernel.

If you click notification in lower right corner it should bring up the Action Center. There is a battery saver square. In there there is a section to to allow an app to run in background, maybe this has to be set for this app. Of course this assumes you have Battery Saver mode enabled.

How to Use and Configure Windows 10’s “Battery Saver” Mode

I would also check how you have their "Process Guard" set up. First off disable it totally and see if this changes behaviour.

Additionally check if they have a program update? Please confirm you do not have other AV's active.

The next time it causes you OS to crash take down the details, what driver or library was involved, what what error code. It might even be worth posting the BSOD info in the BSOD section of forum.

Caledon Ken, Feb 3, 2017
  5. EdTittel Win User
    There are plenty of good antimalware packages out there that won't crash your PC on battery. Perhaps you should consider abandoning SpyHunter 4 and switching to something else. Spyhunter isn't even rated by Virus Bulletin (a leading antimalware journal and a publisher of quarterly antimalware test results for 30-40 such packages). PC Magazine rates 10 FREE AV/Antimalware/Antispyware packages in this January 23 story, and gives three of those packages Editor's Choice ratings: The Best Free Antivirus Protection of 2017 | PCMag.com.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Feb 3, 2017
  6. Levee44 Win User
    Thank you very much for the information!

Levee44, Feb 3, 2017
  7. Levee44 Win User
    Caledon Ken: First of all, thank you very much for responding!

Yeah, you're completely right. I will tell them this in a message.

I have the battery saver mode disabled.

A very good idea! If I disable the "System Guards" it no longer crashes when I unplug the PC. But if those are disabled, there is no point for the app always to run at all, because if I want a scan I just start it manually. Can you guide me in how I should configure the System Guards?

I'm using the latest program version with the latest database. I do have McAfee Antivirus running, but the two programs perfectly complement each other. Of course, I tried disabling McAfee but that didn't solve the problem with SpyHunter.

The problem is that there are no error messages and I can't gather information. That's because when SpyHunter crashes in a way that it affects the OS as well, what happens is everything gets disabled. I can't run any program, for example, including cmd and taskmgr. The more things I try, the more frozen the OS becomes. But even the Shut Down gets immediately disabled, so I have to shut the computer down by holding down the power button.

Levee44, Feb 3, 2017
  8. Programs & Services in Battery mode

Interesting. Check the location where your dumps are stored, you might find them being stored.

I can't direct you on proper setup as I don't have product.

You have to go into System Guards and "Tune" them. Hopefully you can disable all but one. Then test. Then shut it off and enable another and so on. We want to test them individually first, it maybe a combo but lets hope the behaviour happens because of just one.

Additionally you now have something to challenge the vendor with, they must know the elements of their product.

On a side note, I went to Virusbulletin.com. Very interesting, not sure if this is right site @EdTittel

Caledon Ken, Feb 3, 2017
  9. EdTittel Win User
    The actual full URL for Virus Bulletin is Virus Bulletin :: Home. I've been following their stuff since the late 90s/early 2000s, and it's always been top-notch. I'm sorry: I should've provided a URL to avoid site-finding issues. Thanks for pointing this out.
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Feb 3, 2017
  10. Levee44 Win User
    But aren't system dumps only created in case of a BSOD? There is no Minidumps folder or minidump file or anything like that in my SystemRoot.

Levee44, Feb 4, 2017
  11. Levee44 Win User
    I was able to narrow it down to "ActiveX Guarded Items". After allowing all of them to run, the unplug crash no longer happens. Now I just have to narrow it down to the specific ActiveX control(s) that cause the problem if blocked. There are only about a 1000 *Smile

Thank you very much for your help!

Levee44, Feb 4, 2017
  12. Levee44 Win User
    I spoke too soon. It still crashes and hangs the system if it was loaded at Windows startup. If I disable ALL system guards, it still crashes, but doesn't affect the system.

But otherwise, I can plug or unplug the power cord as much as I want, nothing happens. Only if it started automatically with Windows.

Explain THAT.

Levee44, Feb 4, 2017
  13. Programs & Services in Battery mode

That is way above my pay grade.

One thing to check.... a lot of products have their own forums. I would see if they have a forum, you can't be the only one experiencing.

Caledon Ken, Feb 4, 2017
  14. Levee44 Win User
    Thanks. Good idea!

Levee44, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Programs & Services in Battery mode

1. Programs & Services in Battery mode - Similar Threads - Programs Services Battery

2. No battery icon in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No battery icon in safe mode: I'm trying to check my laptop's ASUS GL704GW-PS74 battery life while in safe mode. I'm unable to see the icon in the notification area even after enabling it in the taskbar settings. Thanks in advance for your help.I recently lost power while watching a movie in VLC media...
  3. Battery mode problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery mode problem: So I usually click on the battery icon on my taskbar right? And it brings up this little tab thingy where I can change my battery mode, right? like "best performance" and "better battery" however, I can not do this anymore for some reason, in fact, the option to do so is...
  4. Battery mode problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery mode problem: So I usually click on the battery icon on my taskbar right? And it brings up this little tab thingy where I can change my battery mode, right? like "best performance" and "better battery" however, I can not do this anymore for some reason, in fact, the option to do so is...
  5. Battery mode problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Power mode plugged in and on battery?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Power mode plugged in and on battery?: Which power mode do you guys use when a. your laptop is plugged in, b. when it's on battery? I usually use better performance when plugged in, because I suspect that best performance will lead to heat and to wear out the hardware faster. Am I right on that suspicion? Thanks...
  7. Battery Conservation Mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery Conservation Mode: Hi, I have a Windows 10, version 1909 64-bit Asus laptop and am having trouble with my battery. A while back I was prompted to turn on a Battery conservation setting to stop my laptop from charging over 40% so when I left it on the charger for a long period of time it...
  8. Battery Saver Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery Saver Mode: Since yesterday, I'm struggling with a error that prevents me from turning off the Battery Saver mode. I'm unable to disable this mode by clicking on the battery icon in the notification area or in the Action Center or directly in the Settings. The Battery Saver mode will...
  9. Battery and service critical failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery and service critical failure: Hey guys, Every time my laptop runs out of battery and it shuts down, and I turn it back on ,it always gives me the BSOD. Always "critical_service_error". I have all my drivers up to date. Last time I fixed this by resetting the windows which erased all other programs I...
  10. Battery mode slider missing !!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery mode slider missing !!!: Another unknown problem ... [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/battery-mode-slider-missing/b50a43cc-5e1c-4a22-ba7d-4c4f4af689f9