Windows 10: programs windows looks like in 16-bit mode

Discus and support programs windows looks like in 16-bit mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I noticed recently that some programs windows shows like in 16-bit mode, I noticed this a few day ago! Did not make any changes except update to 1803,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jeezde, May 17, 2018.

1. jeezde Win User

programs windows looks like in 16-bit mode

I noticed recently that some programs windows shows like in 16-bit mode, I noticed this a few day ago!
    Did not make any changes except update to 1803, maybe this has something to do with it ?

Thank you

before and now:

programs windows looks like in 16-bit mode [​IMG]

programs windows looks like in 16-bit mode [​IMG]

:)

jeezde, May 17, 2018
  2. JonPul Win User

How do I run old 16 bit program on Windows 10 64 bit system

16 bit Windows programs do not run on x64 Windows since like Windows XP 64 bit. Apparently this is due to performance impacts required to support the 16 bit subsystem.

Interestingly, the same program will usually run on Windows 10 32 bit.

I understand the choice, but it is a little frustrating. I would like to have the choice of whether to run the 16 bit subsystem.

You need to install a VM of some kind to run these apps.

JonPul, May 17, 2018
  3. How to run a 16-bit program in Windows 10 64-bit?

*Original Title: 16 bit on windows 10

I have windows 10 64 bit and I have a program that runs on 16 bit. Need to know how to do it

lenitrumbo, May 17, 2018
Thema:

programs windows looks like in 16-bit mode

1. programs windows looks like in 16-bit mode - Similar Threads - programs looks bit

2. Programs running 32 bit mode on windows 10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs running 32 bit mode on windows 10 64 bit: Hello all, I was forced to do a fresh install of windows 10 since I changed my SSD. I used the media creation tool to get win10 version 22H2 that is running 64 bit. Nothing else in my hardware or bios configuration was changed whatsoever. Just popped out old ssd and installed...
  3. Programs running 32 bit mode on windows 10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Programs running 32 bit mode on windows 10 64 bit: Hello all, I was forced to do a fresh install of windows 10 since I changed my SSD. I used the media creation tool to get win10 version 22H2 that is running 64 bit. Nothing else in my hardware or bios configuration was changed whatsoever. Just popped out old ssd and installed...
  4. 16 bit system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    16 bit system: Hi I am trying to turn my windows 10 pc to a 16 bit system so I can play old pc video games on it. This website tells you what to do to make a 16 bit system. https://www.groovypost.com/howto/enable-16-bit-application-support-windows-10/ In to website it says Configure...
  5. No Input Devices when Installing 16-bit Program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Input Devices when Installing 16-bit Program: I'm trying to install a 16-bit program in Windows 10. The OS is 32 bit. I've enabled NTVDM. I've ticked the boxes in the compatability tab for screen res, run as admin, disable full screen. I've tried running the installer in compatabilty mode for Win 95, Win 98, XP SP2 and...
  6. Converting ASCII output from old 16 bit program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Converting ASCII output from old 16 bit program: Datafile created in Turbo pascal 16bit program when viewed in win 10(via winword) does not convert the ASCII char such as 170 but displays the hex code. While the original code was as Decimal number in TP.exe what should I for the output to display correctly - hex...
  7. "too many 16-bit programs"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "too many 16-bit programs": I just got this error message, and I do understand the instruction, but I thought that 16 bit programs were not allowed to run in Windows 10. I'm running Pro 64. Retrospect is a backup program that isn't cheap but it's way better than "backup" or "imaging" programs that just...
  8. Some programs window shows like in 16-bit mode

Some programs window shows like in 16-bit mode: I noticed recently that some programs windows shows like in 16-bit color mode, I noticed this a few day ago! Did not make any changes except update to 1803 and the most recent Nvidia graphic drivers which should be compatible with mew Windows build, maybe this has something...
  9. Flac (24bit) to Flac (16 bit) decent converter program

Flac (24bit) to Flac (16 bit) decent converter program: Hi folks I've some music that I want to leave as FLAC but the rubbish phone I've got won't play FLAC @24 bits but will handle FLAC at @16 bits. Any decent programs around to convert to 16 bit. Note I'm using decent headphones so I don't want some mushy mp3 sound played...
  10. 16 bit programs on 32 bit windows 10...

16 bit programs on 32 bit windows 10...: hi... i installed vdm on my 32 bit windows 10 to run 16 bit windows programs have all the dlls in the windows system folder rebooted... and the programs still won't run... says something is missing... any ideas why? 44312