Windows 10: Programs won't add to Startup

Discus and support Programs won't add to Startup in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Ok, so I was having some issues with my previous build (Insider), and with the help of a hard disk crashing, I went and did a full wipe and a clean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SylenThunder, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Programs won't add to Startup

Ok, so I was having some issues with my previous build (Insider), and with the help of a hard disk crashing, I went and did a full wipe and a clean install.

Unfortunately, some of my programs refuse to add to startup even when the "Start with Windows" option is checked. I've tried completely removing the programs and re-installing and they simply will not start with Windows like they should.

Aside from manually overriding the situation, (which is a workaround, and not a fix), any ideas on how to truly resolve this?

:)

SylenThunder, Feb 14, 2016

2. How to add programs to startup in Windows 10

OT- Add to Strtup

How in Windows 10 to add Outlook & MSIE to startup

RobertBeyerlein, Feb 14, 2016
  3. Arul_D Win User
    How to add programs to startup in Windows 10

Hi,

To make sure I understand correctly, you would like the above mentioned programs to load automatically when you load the system is that right? If so, please follow the steps below and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + E to open file explorer

2. Click on "this pc" on the left pane.

3. Follow the path given below:

C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\startup

Note: If you do not see the AppData folder, click on "view" on the file ribbon and check "hidden items".

4. After opening the startup folder, right click>new>shortcut

5. Click on "browse" and select the above mentioned programs one at a time.

6. Click "next" and click finish.

7. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this helps.

Do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Arul_D, Feb 14, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Programs won't add to Startup

Have you tried opening these programs by right clicking and selecting "Run as Administrator" when you attempt to apply the setting for run at startup? Maybe they also need to be installed by running the setup via the "Run as an administrator" route.

philc43, Feb 15, 2016
  5. Yes, that was my first thought. Steam doesn't like to be run as admin, but it doesn't seem to matter either way. Some programs haven't had an issue while others just won't add. It's mind boggling.

SylenThunder, Feb 15, 2016
  6. Well, have an update.

Completely removed Steam and Skype (the two programs that are having the main issues atm), and also removed all locally stored data for the programs.
    Then after finally receiving the 14257 insider build, proceeded to install it, then re-installed my two programs.

On the plus side, Skype finally remembers my login data and basic camera settings so I'm not prompted every single time I start it up anymore.
    Unfortunately, neither Steam, not Skype will start with Windows.

Another oddity. Now they are both listed in the startup programs list. But they absolutely do not start with Windows.

Programs won't add to Startup [​IMG]

SylenThunder, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Programs won't add to Startup

1. Programs won't add to Startup - Similar Threads - Programs won't add

2. startup program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    startup program: Hello, How can I set chrome as my startup browser. It used to be under task manager under process and startup. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup-program/2c04d635-5ff5-4273-b893-bf60a36cd991
  3. startup program

in Windows 10 Customization
    startup program: Hello, How can I set chrome as my startup browser. It used to be under task manager under process and startup. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup-program/2c04d635-5ff5-4273-b893-bf60a36cd991
  4. Startup Program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Startup Program: I'd like to know what's this startup program if its a virus, I cant even open it's location https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/startup-program/28b9ac5d-b1d0-4ed4-bbae-c65a93aaead1
  5. Startup setting won't show any programs.

Startup setting won't show any programs.: When i will set startup program but when open startup setting it won't show any programs there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup-setting-wont-show-any-programs/4f975045-e55d-4f71-a101-534af4f37dec
  6. Programs won't start with Windows - Startup tab is empty

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Programs won't start with Windows - Startup tab is empty: Hello, recently bought a new computer with a Windows 10. I've set a few programs to start with Windows (when I turn the PC on), but none start with it. Moreover, when I go on the Taskbar and navigate to the Startup tab, it's empty. I tried to manually add those programs to...
  7. add a program to startup

add a program to startup: How do add a program to startup menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-a-program-to-startup/524df781-f267-4343-b2cc-82b3c72140f8
  8. startup programs

startup programs: friends, i'm looking in my norton security at my startup items and find three listings of windows command processor for the same drive 'c'.. and i can't stop any of them... why three? and i don't think i really need them in my startup menu to begin with; i rarely use cmd...
  9. Startup Programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Startup Programs: Hello Microsoft Community, How can I prevent certain programs from starting when Windows starts? Will startup programs slow my computer down? And is there a way to modify the program so it will not start up when Windows starts up during the installation process? Any help...
  10. Program won't remove from add/remove list ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Program won't remove from add/remove list ?: Is there a tutorial for removing a program from add/remove that even when performing an uninstall; the program just doesn't remove from the add/remove list ? 56724

Users found this page by searching for:

1. add remove programs wont open in build 1903