Windows 10: Progressive loss of Audio after 1-2hrs and general loss of function

Discus and support Progressive loss of Audio after 1-2hrs and general loss of function in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm not sure if I'm posting this thread on the right part of the board but here goes. Currently I am experiencing a weird audio/video playback that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by byronicasian, May 23, 2017.

1. Progressive loss of Audio after 1-2hrs and general loss of function

I'm not sure if I'm posting this thread on the right part of the board but here goes.

Currently I am experiencing a weird audio/video playback that that seems to cascade into game executable not being able to open (process will appear, but use minimal system resources).

When the computer boots, I would have no audio issue and I can play games or use discord with problem at all. I would say 60-90 minutes later, after I close whatever program I'm using at the moment (be it youtube, or a game), I would lose audio (inconsistently).

Take discord for example, I would still be on the call with my friends but all system notification audio would be gone when I hang up. Attempts to access my volume control bar fails as it won't open the slider. Attempts to open the playback devices/sound panel and troubleshooter also fails (when in Task Manager, you can see the processes listed, but not open on the desktop). File explore also seems to start to not work at this point.

Furthermore, this also seems to affect youtube video playback in Firefox (but not Google Chrome), in addition to the loss of any ability to play music or video files on the machine with Windows default video player. Players like VLC will still play video but no audio.

I also can't seem to run any sort of game when I lose audio functionality as the program itself won't open despite being visible on the Task Manager's list of processes.

I ran virus scans with Avira and Malwarebytes which came up clean. SF Check found no errors either.

The most recent update applied before this issue began was 2017-05 Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3150513).

:)

byronicasian, May 23, 2017

2. Loss of touch pad function after clean install of windows 10

I recently did a clean install of windows 10 build 1607 to my aspire es1-512-c9y5 and now no touch pad. I went to settings and it does not even have a touch pad listed only the mouse. I checked in device manager and nothing listed only the mouse. Can anyone
    point me in right direction. ?

verdiewilkinson, May 23, 2017
  3. Loss of touch pad function after clean install of windows 10

I install I/O drivers for 8.1 from acer and now everything appears to be working fine.

verdiewilkinson, May 23, 2017
Thema:

Progressive loss of Audio after 1-2hrs and general loss of function

1. Progressive loss of Audio after 1-2hrs and general loss of function - Similar Threads - Progressive loss Audio

2. Loss of audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Loss of audio: I have been using Windows 10 since day one. It has always functioned for me. I have been having problems with the main audio outputs at the rear connection. However I had switch over to the internal speakers last week to help select and download a movie with good audio....
  3. Loss of audio

Loss of audio: Recently lost the ability to play a turntable thru the USB port via a USB Audio CODEC input. I believe a Windows 10 update is responsible for this problem. Have checked connections; Sound card properties for both record and playback; latest driver installations, etc. Other...
  4. Loss of display port functionality after audio driver update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Loss of display port functionality after audio driver update: I updated the audio driver for my mobo off of their site and afterwards my pc can no longer get a signal from a DP connection the monitor works fine on another PC. I've tried different DP cables, different GPUs, DDUed my graphics and audio drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled...
  5. Loss of audio

Loss of audio: Hello, my laptop keeps losing its audio output device. How can I fix this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/loss-of-audio/dd9e5a03-87ce-4ea1-addb-3c1065abfdd0
  6. Loss of Audio

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Loss of Audio: Good morning community team. My PC has lost its audio sound completing after l had upgraded my pc RAM from 2G RAM to 4G RAM which is what the manufacturer says it can take. MY PC DEVICE, HP NOTEBOOK IS: 1. EDITION: WINDOWS 10 2.VERSION: 1903 3. OS BUILD: 18362.145 I...
  7. loss of audio

loss of audio: My sound is suddenly gone from my new HP computer. When I run the troubleshooter it says no audio is installed but when I go to device manager it says the hardware is installed. How do I get my sound back?...
  8. Loss of Audio and Drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Loss of Audio and Drive: Hi all, Since doing a "Fresh Start" on my windows 10 OS I appear to have lost all control over any audio. The audio volume control just shows a red cross and each time I select it, it just goes through the imaginary process of trying to repair the problem. The following...
  9. Loss of Audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    Loss of Audio: Every time I have a Windows 10 update I lose sound and even when I follow the instructions to get it back it doesn't work. I had to get a friend to sort it for me last time and it took hours. Why is it happening? What can I do to get my sound back and what can I do to stop...
  10. Loss of audio

Loss of audio: I had perfect audio yesterday. Today I don't think I changed anything, but I don't have audio anymore. At first I had a red X over the tray icon and got an error saying that the audio service wasn't running. I restarted a few times and the X and error went away. But I still...