Windows 10: Progressively Slower Internet Despite Many Attempts to Resolveth Issue

Discus and support Progressively Slower Internet Despite Many Attempts to Resolveth Issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am having currenly insoluble problems with slow internet on Windows 10. My computer is fine when not using a browser. These problems extend back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Traveller, May 6, 2018.

1. Traveller Win User

Progressively Slower Internet Despite Many Attempts to Resolveth Issue

I am having currenly insoluble problems with slow internet on Windows 10. My computer is fine when not using a browser. These problems extend back several months during which time I have struggled to solve the problem by reading everything I can find on the the subject on the various forums etc. Nothing has made any significant difference to the slow, choppy and sometimes unuseable internet service. The problem has extended through numerous Windows updates, both minor and major.

To give some idea of the scale of the problem, I often use the home page of the Daily mail as a test because it is huge. When my internet is performing at its best, this page downloads in about 30 seconds. However, as time goes on it quickly reaches the sateg where the page download never completes - the browser just seems to come to a grinding halt. Although I normally use Firefox, I have done extensive comparisons with MS Edge, Chrome etc. There is no aprreciable differnce between browsers.

My PC is connected using a wired Ethernet connection although I have tried switching to Wireless - only to see more or less the same slow performance.

I have tried:
    switching off P2P
    limiting the bandwidth available to Windows for updates
    quitting all background apps
    suspending all non-Microsoft services
    disabling Windows updates (temporarily)
    updating all drivers (except the watchdog timer which I cannot figure out as it does not appear in my apps list)
    using CCleaner to clear debris and resolve all registry errors
    uninstalling OneNote
    disabling Windows 10 auto-tuning
    disabling Large Send Offload
    disabling all firewalls and virus protection (temporarily),
    doing extensive and thorough scans for malware etc

There are probably also other things I have tried but have forgotten to list.

There is, as far as I can see, only one glimmer of hope. I have noted that, after a Windows update completes, the internet is as fast as one would expect with a 7MB line (I live in a rural area which will be the last to benefit from faster speeds). However, even this is not 100% true - most Windows updates have produced an improvement in speed, but a few have not made any difference. When an improvement is seen, this lasts for only a few hours as the internet becomes slower and slower once again. A similar, uncertain diagnosis is apparent with regard to rebooting the PC. Sometimes a temporary improvement is experienced, but sometimes no difference is seen.
    I have not tried reloading Windows because the performance of the PC is fine for all non-internet apps. For instance, I work a lot with Photoshop which is a large and complex program, but there are no speed issues at all - everything is fine.

There must be a logical explanation for the behaviour I am experiencing but I cannot yet pin it down in a more precise manner. Does anyone have any ideas?

:)

Traveller, May 6, 2018
Thema:

Progressively Slower Internet Despite Many Attempts to Resolveth Issue

1. Progressively Slower Internet Despite Many Attempts to Resolveth Issue - Similar Threads - Progressively Slower Internet

2. Persistent "Explorer.EXE" Popup Issue Despite Troubleshooting Attempts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistent "Explorer.EXE" Popup Issue Despite Troubleshooting Attempts: I hope this finds everyone well. I've stumbled upon a issue on my Windows 11 over the last 2-3 days that has left me scratching my head. Every time I boot up, I'm greeted with an "Explorer.EXE" popup featuring a blank message box. Despite my best attempts to troubleshoot, the...
  3. Persistent "Explorer.EXE" Popup Issue Despite Troubleshooting Attempts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Persistent "Explorer.EXE" Popup Issue Despite Troubleshooting Attempts: I hope this finds everyone well. I've stumbled upon a issue on my Windows 11 over the last 2-3 days that has left me scratching my head. Every time I boot up, I'm greeted with an "Explorer.EXE" popup featuring a blank message box. Despite my best attempts to troubleshoot, the...
  4. Internet becoming slower and slower than usual

Internet becoming slower and slower than usual: I notice it recently but my download and upload sleep was dropping. I notice it by playing my game and I keep lagging. I check always my adapter and network but ther seems no problem. Is there any options to check what causes this?...
  5. Internet becoming slower and slower than usual

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet becoming slower and slower than usual: I notice it recently but my download and upload sleep was dropping. I notice it by playing my game and I keep lagging. I check always my adapter and network but ther seems no problem. Is there any options to check what causes this?...
  6. internet becoming slower and slower than usual

in Windows 10 Gaming
    internet becoming slower and slower than usual: I don't know what may cause the prboelm but I notice that my download and upload speed is deopping I noticed it when I'm playing my game, however I don't know what might be the reason behind it, I always do troubleshootimg in network adapter but recently it's not working...
  7. internet becoming slower and slower than usual

internet becoming slower and slower than usual: I don't know what may cause the prboelm but I notice that my download and upload speed is deopping I noticed it when I'm playing my game, however I don't know what might be the reason behind it, I always do troubleshootimg in network adapter but recently it's not working...
  8. internet becoming slower and slower than usual

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Multiple keyboards intermittently not giving input despite many troubleshooting attempts.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple keyboards intermittently not giving input despite many troubleshooting attempts.: Recently my keyboard began acting strangely at random time where software G Hub, Synapse, Device Manager would still show it was functioning normally and there were no issues in the power but Windows would receive no input from it, like something else was consuming the input...
  10. Windows 10 cannot boot despite many fix attempts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 cannot boot despite many fix attempts: Hello everybody, Here is a link to my problem where I eventually did not find a definitive answer: https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/hvscx4/windows_10_cannot_repair_despite_many_attempts/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x I am coming here to see if there is...