Windows 10: Progressively Worse Audio Quality (Crackling)

Discus and support Progressively Worse Audio Quality (Crackling) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. Hoping someone can help me. Since upgrading my Windows 7 to Windows 10, I've had audio problems. At first the audio quality was terrible... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Wolffenjugend, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Progressively Worse Audio Quality (Crackling)

Hello. Hoping someone can help me. Since upgrading my Windows 7 to Windows 10, I've had audio problems. At first the audio quality was terrible (hissing, crackling) so I uninstalled and reinstalled my NVIDIA drivers. This fixed the problem but now I find that the audio quality gets worse over time. Once I reboot it goes back to pristine quality and that lasts a day or two but slowly the quality gets worse with more crackling. It's very annoying.

Any idea what's going on? Is it somehow tied to my RAM or some kind of cache that builds up over time?

I'm a noob so bear with me!

:)

Wolffenjugend, Aug 12, 2016
  2. CK44052 Win User

Video I record has Crackling sound in audio. I notice it more in HD video. Why?

I've had the same problem. It also occurs while playing back all youtube videos. I wish they would fix it already. I have tried lowerind the playbacl quality from studio to the lowest CD quality and disabled all audio enhancements. Nothing has helped, It sucks
    to have a computer with bad sound..

CK44052, Aug 12, 2016
  3. Bad audio-quality over A2DP

Same exact issue, audio quality rocks over cable, and my Android device (ancient HTC Magic) has great audio quality over the A2DP speakers, but the new WP7 sucks over them (LG Optimus 7). Tons of distortion and crackling.

closetosomethingreal, Aug 12, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Progressively Worse Audio Quality (Crackling)

Hello, this may be difficult for you to deal with and you may find the need to call on your neighbourhood teen geek or technical friend..*Biggrin
    Please can you post a screenshot of your task manager- click the CPU tab to show the processes using the most CPU resources.

If you search this forum for 'crackle' 'latency' you will find many threads on this topic which occurred for a number using Win 10 with older PCs, although it's not occurred recently.
    Here's my search for crackle. First ones to look at are those marked solved- but not everyone marks their thread as solved.

Progressively Worse Audio Quality (Crackling) [​IMG]

Which AV do you use?
    Some extracted notes:
    Stuttering- pops crackles.doc

dalchina, Aug 12, 2016
Thema:

Progressively Worse Audio Quality (Crackling)

1. Progressively Worse Audio Quality (Crackling) - Similar Threads - Progressively Worse Audio

2. Audio quality is significantly worse on new Windows 11 laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio quality is significantly worse on new Windows 11 laptop: I have bought a new laptop and the audio quality of my microphone HyperX Quadcast is much worse compared to my older laptop, which is a similar model. After fiddling around with various settings I can only assume that the issue is rooted in having different worse audio...
  3. Audio quality is significantly worse on new Windows 11 laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio quality is significantly worse on new Windows 11 laptop: I have bought a new laptop and the audio quality of my microphone HyperX Quadcast is much worse compared to my older laptop, which is a similar model. After fiddling around with various settings I can only assume that the issue is rooted in having different worse audio...
  4. audio crackling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio crackling: i have my headphones plugged in through my xbox controller so i can use the microphone aswell. all i hear is crackling after roughly 10 seconds of plugging them in. also when ever i change a setting they go back to normall then start crackling. any fixes?...
  5. audio crackling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    audio crackling: i have my headphones plugged in through my xbox controller so i can use the microphone aswell. all i hear is crackling after roughly 10 seconds of plugging them in. also when ever i change a setting they go back to normall then start crackling. any fixes?...
  6. Wi-fi progressively getting worse and worse

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wi-fi progressively getting worse and worse: Over the last several months up to possibly a year, my PC’s wi-fi connection has steadily gotten worse and worse. I went from having a fairly stable connection just about every session to not being able to connect to the Internet without having to restart or turn off and then...
  7. Crackling audio

Crackling audio: A while back I began having crackling audio (mainly in browsers) and eventually I just deleted the audio driver I was using (Realtek). which fixed it for a day. then the crackling returned, but only in browsers. I can't seem to find any fixes that don't require me to leave my...
  8. Audio Crackling

Audio Crackling: I'm hearing this crackling sound coming from my headphones and speakers whenever a sound plays. I've tried other pairs of headphones and it still does it. I've also checked the connectors and wires and they all seem in good condition. I'm not sure if this is a driver issue,...
  9. Audio Crackling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Crackling: Hi, Lastly, my audio in some games started to crackle. I can start a game, play for a while, and then the audio starts to crackle. What also happens is that I can play for like 5 minutes and then my game freezes and the audio is crackling. Another problem is that after...
  10. PC Getting progressively worse

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Getting progressively worse: Problems with my PC was tolerable at first, but now has become progressively worse without any causation that is noticeable. Before programs just freeze it either crashes or become non-responsible where nothing is interactable but "Not Responding message" but now, many...