Windows 10: Project Android Phone to Screen on Windows 10 PC

Discus and support Project Android Phone to Screen on Windows 10 PC in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Project Android Phone to Screen on Windows 10 PC How to Project Android Phone to Screen on Windows 10 PC The Projecting to this PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, May 6, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Project Android Phone to Screen on Windows 10 PC

How to: Project Android Phone to Screen on Windows 10 PC

How to Project Android Phone to Screen on Windows 10 PC

The Projecting to this PC feature uses the Connect app to allow you to wirelessly project your Windows Phone, another PC, or Android devices to the screen of this PC, and use its keyboard, mouse, and other devices too.

Some Windows and Android devices can project to your PC when you say it's ok.

This tutorial will show you how to connect and project an Android phone to the screen of your wireless Windows 10 PC.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Connect and Project Android Phone to Screen on Windows 10 PC
    • Option Two: Disconnect and Stop Projecting Android Phone from Screen on Windows 10 PC

OPTION ONE [/i] Connect and Project Android Phone to Screen on Windows 10 PC
    1. Make sure both the Android phone (ex: Galaxy S9) and Windows 10 PC are turned on and connected to the network using Wi-Fi.

2. If you haven't already, you will need to first set the Projecting to this PC settings on your Windows 10 PC to either Available everywhere or Available everywhere on secure networks for the type of wireless network connection used.

3. Swipe down from the top of your Android Phone to open the notification center, and tap on Smart View. (see screenshots below)

*note If you don't see the Smart View setting, then swipe left in the notification center to see more settings.

Project Android Phone to Screen on Windows 10 PC [​IMG]

4. Tap on your available Windows 10 PC when it has been discovered. (see screenshot below)

5. On the Windows 10 PC, if Asked to Project to this PC, select how to allow or block, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshots below)

6. On the Windows 10 PC, if require PIN for pairing, make note of the PIN provided by the Connect app. (see screenshot below)

A) On the Android phone, type the PIN, and tap on Connect. (see screenshot below)

7. On the Adroid phone, tap on OK when projecting to the Windows 10 PC. (see screenshot below)

8. The Android phone will now be projecting to the screen on the Windows 10 PC using the Connect app. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] Disconnect and Stop Projecting Android Phone from Screen on Windows 10 PC
    1. Press the Power button on your Android phone to use its screen.

2. Tap on the Smart View button on your home screen. (see screenshot below)

3. Tap on Disconnect in the Smart View menu. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, May 6, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Preview Android phone screen mirroring with Windows 10 Your Phone app

Source: Phone screen supported devices - Microsoft Community

Download:

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  3. kilucas Win User
    Projecting Windows phone screen to Android tablet

I can find lots of information about how to project my Lumia 930's Windows phone screen to a Windows PC. But can I project it to an Android tablet and, if so, how would I do that please?

Thanks for any guidance you might have.

Kevin

kilucas, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Preview Android phone screen mirroring with Windows 10 Your Phone app Mobile

Source: Phone screen supported devices - Microsoft Community

Download:

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Mala_S Win User
    Mobile screen projection to Desktop PC

Hello Shubham Dhar,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you are already on the PC Settings page, the options chosen are absolutely right. Once after making the changes on PC, you’ll have to change few settings on your mobile device. To do that,

• Open Settings on your mobile device and narrow down to
      Cast/Cast Screen/Screen Cast option.
    • As you have turned on projection settings on PC, your PC will be showing up under
      Cast option on mobile device, click on it.
    • Once connected, you should be able to see your Android screen on your Windows 10 PC

Note: Make sure Wireless display is
    enabled on your Android phone by clicking on Ellipsis from the top menu.

> You may also use Connect app on your PC to project your mobile device. To do the same,

• Type Connect (Windows app) in the
      Search
      menu on your PC.
    • It will start projecting its network, you can open
      Cast
      settings on your phone and project your phone on PC.

Additional Information: You can project your PC to TVs, projectors, and streaming media players. Here’s an article for your reference:
    Project to a wireless display with Miracast
    (applicable for Windows 10).

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Oct 27, 2019
  6. jmcgrath Win User
    Projecting to this PC from Windows 10 Mobile Phone

When trying to project to my PC from my 650 the PC reports my phone is trying to connect. It then fails with the message "Something went wrong try again." Something flashes on my 650 screen but disappears too fast for me to see what it is. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

jmcgrath, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Project Android Phone to Screen on Windows 10 PC - Similar Threads - Project Android Phone

2. Not able to project my android phone screen to my laptop via "connect"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to project my android phone screen to my laptop via "connect": I have tried everything in projecting to this PC solution like restarting devices, adding the optional feature, etc but not able to display my android phone screen to my laptop. In the end, when we see the blue projecting screen it just loads but does not connect to my phone....
  3. Not able to project my android phone screen to my laptop via "connect"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to project my android phone screen to my laptop via "connect": I have tried everything in projecting to this PC solution like restarting devices, adding the optional feature, etc but not able to display my android phone screen to my laptop. In the end, when we see the blue projecting screen it just loads but does not connect to my phone....
  4. Cannot link Android Phone with Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot link Android Phone with Windows 10 PC: I am unable to link my Windows 10 PC with my Android phone Samsung J7, 2017 with Your Phone Companion. It worked for me in early December 2021 but I then had to uninstall. My reinstall less than one month later does not work. I can only access the files created during the...
  5. Cannot link Android Phone with Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot link Android Phone with Windows 10 PC: I am unable to link my Windows 10 PC with my Android phone Samsung J7, 2017 with Your Phone Companion. It worked for me in early December 2021 but I then had to uninstall. My reinstall less than one month later does not work. I can only access the files created during the...
  6. Windows 10 PC not recognizing or connecting to Android Phone

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 PC not recognizing or connecting to Android Phone: [ATTACH]Sometimes when you connect your Android phone to your Windows 10 PC, the connection is seamless and file transfer is just a click away. This […] This article Windows 10 PC not recognizing or connecting to Android Phone first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Problem with projecting a phone screen to the laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with projecting a phone screen to the laptop: I have a problem with projecting my phone screen to the laptop by screen mirroring. Once I closed the screen mirroring window by mistake when this window appeared. And now when I try to cast the phone screen to the laptop, I cannot see the device name on the phone screen....
  8. Link Android Phone to Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Link Android Phone to Windows 10 PC: How to: Link Android Phone to Windows 10 PC How to Link Android Phone to Windows 10 PC Linking your iPhone or Android phone to your PC lets you switch seamlessly between your phone and PC. Start a task on one of your devices and continue it on another. You can text...
  9. Projecting to this PC from Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Projecting to this PC from Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Projecting to this PC from Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Project to this PC from Windows 10 Mobile Phone The Projecting to this PC feature uses the Connect app to allow you to wirelessly project your Windows Phone, another PC, or Android devices to the screen...
  10. Windows 10 on Android Phones?

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 on Android Phones?: http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft...th-special-rom Microsoft is developing a Windows 10 ROM that can be flashed onto Android devices to easily convert them to Windows Phones. As part of its announcements surrounding the upcoming launch of Windows 10, Microsoft also...