Windows 10: Project connect to wireless device issue

Discus and support Project connect to wireless device issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I've been able to connect my windows 10 laptop to my tv using the project/connect to a wireless display feature so that laptop screen can be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Hannelore, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Hannelore Win User

Project connect to wireless device issue

Hi,

I've been able to connect my windows 10 laptop to my tv using the project/connect to a wireless display feature so that laptop screen can be projected on the tv for some time.

Suddenly, I can no longer find the tv as a device when I try to use project. By suddenly, I mean that it was working an hour ago perfectly fine, but after restarting my laptop, when I tried to connect via project, my tv does not come up as a possible device to connect to.

Given that the tv hasn't changed in any way (updates etc), I can only assume something has changed with my laptop, maybe some kind of update in the background?

I was wondering if anyone had any tips as to being able to find the tv as a device again. Please let me know if you need to know more specific information.
    Thanks *Smile

:)

Hannelore, Aug 12, 2016
  2. Ashu2912 Win User

Can't project PC to laptop

Dear Patricia,

Thanks a lot for your help. I have tried what you have recommended, even went to the store and installed the wireless display adapter app and checked the manufacturer's updates for wireless display. However, the issue still persists. The projecting device
    (my PC) is recognizing the other screen (my laptop) but after entering the PIN for connecting the devices, the message "Couldn't connect" is shown on the projecting device even as my laptop is displaying the message "XXXXXX is ready to connect" in the connect
    app.

Ashu2912, Aug 12, 2016
  3. allman105 Win User
    wireless display - smart tv in connected device list, but not recognized as wireless display/monitor

Hi,

Thanks for the answer, but my issue is already beyond this. I have Windows 10 and it supports Miracast, and i can connect to wireless devices and already have a list of Connected Devices - the problem is, my Sharp AQUOS smart tv is listed as Other Device,
    and not as Wireless Display. So when i try to Project, i can't because there is no wireless display found, but my Sharp smart TV is already connected as Other Device.

The question is - why is my smart TV recognized as Other Device and not as Wireless Display? How to change my TV from Other Device to Wireless Display so i can project to it?

*my Sharp AQUOS smart TV can accept Chromecast seamlessly, from Google cast-supported apps or from the Chrome browser. but why Miracast can't?

allman105, Aug 12, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

Hi Hannelore, welcome to Ten Forums.

Check that TV has network connection, it might have gone off for various reasons. For me this happens occasionally when my wireless starts acting weird, being OK on some but not all devices.

A Miracast wireless display supported TV should also have Internet connection, check if you can browse the net or use TV apps.

If not you need to reconnect TV. If TV can't connect reset the router.

See this tutorial for possible tips: Connect to Wireless Display with Miracast in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

5. Hannelore Win User
    Hi Kari,

Thanks for the reply.

My tv is definitely connected to my wifi; I've tried restarting the tv, and disconnecting/reconnecting to my wifi, but the tv still isn't showing up in the list of devices when trying to use 'project'.

I actually had issues with this before, but after a significant update about a week ago, I noticed that it was showing up in the devices list. I'm unsure what could have changed tonight.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? *Smile Is there maybe some way to 'clear' (for lack of a better word) any saved devices on my laptop so I can start fresh with project?

Hannelore, Aug 12, 2016
  6. Kari Win User
    You could try removing TV from device list (Settings > Devices > Connected Devices), restart then add it back. Again something that has helped me several times when wireless display has not worked as expected.

7. Hannelore Win User
    Thanks for this suggestion; it's made me realise that I think it might be a problem with my tv after all, because now it won't come up anymore in the list of devices. I better check out some help for this tv; maybe something got turned off by mistake.

Hannelore, Aug 12, 2016
  8. Kari Win User

You are welcome. Please let us know if and how you got it resolved, it might help other members in the future.

9. Hannelore Win User
    Hopefully I'll be able to fix it *Smile If so I'll definitely post back.

I'm just baffled as to why the tv isn't coming up when I go into 'connected devices' and 'add device' since all the tv settings appear to be the same.

Worst case scenario I guess I'll have to look into a non-wireless option, like a cable.

Hannelore, Aug 12, 2016
  10. Hannelore Win User
    So, uh, I figured I should post again to let everyone know it's working again.

But...I honestly have no idea why because I didn't do anything; just tried it again about an hour later. So I guess, if anyone has this problem try waiting a bit? Maybe.

Thanks for the tips! *Smile

Hannelore, Aug 12, 2016
  11. Kari Win User
    Good to know it's working. Thank you for posting, too often we wait here impatiently for OP to report back how it went *Smile

Thema:

1. Project connect to wireless device issue - Similar Threads - Project connect wireless

2. Wireless device is not connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless device is not connected: Product: Toshiba laptop satellite Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 64-BitMy computer isn't able to find/activate its wireless connection. I have tried;Restarting the computer.Uninstalling the system drivers for the wireless network adapter and restarting the computer to...
  3. Wireless device is not connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless device is not connected: Product: Toshiba laptop satellite Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 64-BitMy computer isn't able to find/activate its wireless connection. I have tried;Restarting the computer.Uninstalling the system drivers for the wireless network adapter and restarting the computer to...
  4. Wireless device is not connected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Issues with wireless connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with wireless connection: Hi I have windows 11 on my lenovo yoga c740 laptop. I am having issues connecting my hisense 50 inch tv and also my canon wireless printer to connect to it. The first time my 2 devices get connected but after that they show in the list of devices but do not connect...
  6. Issues with wireless connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with wireless connection: Hi I have windows 11 on my lenovo yoga c740 laptop. I am having issues connecting my hisense 50 inch tv and also my canon wireless printer to connect to it. The first time my 2 devices get connected but after that they show in the list of devices but do not connect...
  7. Wireless connection issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless connection issue: I have a laptop running a Ryzen7 4800h and an RTX 2060. When updated my Nvidia drivers my wireless connection stopped working. I checked to make sure the adapter was enabled, and its refusing to connect to the displayed connections. After turning the wifi on and off, it stops...
  8. Connect Notification for Wireless Devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connect Notification for Wireless Devices: Hi, I have tried everything on this my system keeps trying to connect to a wireless display that does not exist and keeps opening a pop up on the right side of the screen searching for the device. how do i stop this the last thing i did was do a clean install but i kept...
  9. Wireless connectivity issue

Wireless connectivity issue: Hello all, I am facing a vexing problem that I simply cannot solve so I decided to post it here. I am using a HP Win 10 laptop connected wireless in my office network. I can connect to the internet but neither can I connect to any other computer in the LAN nor can the...
  10. Wireless Connection Issue

Wireless Connection Issue: Hello, Here's the layout. I have a desktop in the living room, a desktop in the bedroom, and an iPhone. I have a wireless connection throughout my home. A few weeks ago, some workers came over to install hardwood floors in my living room. They unplugged the phone cable,...