Windows 10: Project Rome: Driving user engagement across devices, apps & platforms

Discus and support Project Rome: Driving user engagement across devices, apps & platforms in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Overview Recently there has been a dramatic shift in the way users use their devices. Rather than substituting new devices, users are using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, May 15, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Project Rome: Driving user engagement across devices, apps & platforms

Source: Project Rome: Driving user engagement across devices, apps and platforms - Building Apps for Windows

:)

Brink, May 15, 2017
  2. Rey Cam Win User

"Share across devices" choices not being kept?

Hi Kihe,

If you are looking for updates on Connected apps and devices under Project Rome, here is an article about that may be helpful. Please check
    Connected apps and devices (Project Rome) and
    Project Rome.
    These articles provide information on how to work with connecting devices and apps through the use of project
    Rome.

For more information, please refer to
    Microsoft Development Network
    (MSDN).

Feel free to post back should you have other concerns.

Rey Cam, May 15, 2017
  3. Apps I purchaceneeded on both Windows Phone and Windows platforms

It really depends on how the app is designed by the developer. Some apps don't sync its data anywhere, but stores it only on the device that created the data....but many apps these days are designed to sync its data to online storage.

If both apps sync data to a Microsoft account and are set up to sync to the same Microsoft account, then the data would be synced from one platform to another...similar to the way OneNote notes sync across platforms, and the way Outlook.com contacts & appointments
    sync across platforms..

Julie fka profjulie, May 15, 2017
Thema:

Project Rome: Driving user engagement across devices, apps & platforms

1. Project Rome: Driving user engagement across devices, apps & platforms - Similar Threads - Project Rome Driving

2. Microsoft Autofill password capabilities across devices and platforms

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Autofill password capabilities across devices and platforms: At Microsoft, we are committed to building products that add to your peace of mind by letting you securely access what you care about, wherever you are. Millions trust us daily to access documents, mails, chats and so much more both on phones and PCs. An area where customers...
  3. Using paid apps across platforms.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Using paid apps across platforms.: So, my brother has a game on his computer. My computer is better than his, therefore he wants to use my computer. He has Minecraft and he wants to play it on my computer and play it on his Vr headset. We can't seem to find out on how to install it on my computer. He fully...
  4. CONNECTED DEVICES PLATFORM USER SERVICE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CONNECTED DEVICES PLATFORM USER SERVICE: For some reason, the fan on my CPU is constantly running extremely high. When I check my CPU usage in Task Manager, the problem seems to be with the Connected Devices Platform User Service_48125c. I was under the impression that this task started with the computer startup,...
  5. Google disclosing vulnerabilities to protect users across platforms

in Windows 10 News
    Google disclosing vulnerabilities to protect users across platforms: On Wednesday, February 27th, we reported two 0-day vulnerabilities — previously publicly-unknown vulnerabilities — one affecting Google Chrome and another in Microsoft Windows that were being exploited together. To remediate the Chrome vulnerability (CVE-2019-5786), Google...
  6. Announcing Project Rome SDK for Android and iOS version 1.0

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Project Rome SDK for Android and iOS version 1.0: We are pleased to announce the version 1.0 availability for the Project Rome SDK for Android and iOS. Project Rome is a platform for enabling seamless cross-device and cross-platform experiences. The philosophy behind Project Rome is simple. App experiences shouldn’t be...
  7. New Microsoft Family features across devices and platforms

in Windows 10 News
    New Microsoft Family features across devices and platforms: We live in a time of both great opportunity and great responsibility. Our children have access to more information, entertainment and more ways to connect than ever before, but with that comes plenty of new things that parents like you and I need to worry about and new ways...
  8. Announcing Project Rome iOS SDK

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Project Rome iOS SDK: Project Rome is a platform for enabling seamless cross-device and cross-platform experiences. The philosophy behind Project Rome is simple. App experiences shouldn’t be tied to a single device any more than data should be tied to a single device. Your apps, like your data,...
  9. Announcing Project Rome Android SDK

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Project Rome Android SDK: Project Rome Overview Project Rome is a platform for creating experiences that transcend a single device and driving up user engagement – empowering a developer to create human-centric scenarios that move with the user and blur the lines between their devices regardless of...
  10. Cross-device experience with Project Rome

in Windows 10 News
    Cross-device experience with Project Rome: Overview Today we live in a multi-device world, and the way we use them spans different platforms and form factors: We read the morning news on our tablets, check email during the morning commute on our phones and at work on our desktop PCs. And at night, we watch movies...