Windows 10: Project Spartan fails to open

Discus and support Project Spartan fails to open in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Ever since I upgraded to version 10074 I cannot get Spartan to open. It starts to activate then shuts down again before the blue splash screen has... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Antonyvw, May 5, 2015.

1. Antonyvw Win User

Project Spartan fails to open

Ever since I upgraded to version 10074 I cannot get Spartan to open. It starts to activate then shuts down again before the blue splash screen has disappeared. As Spartan is set to default - whenever I use a program that requires access to the net, it cant do anything as Spartan fails. Anyone know what the problem is?

:)

Antonyvw, May 5, 2015

2. spartan does not open

Project Spartan does nor open all the time in Windows build 10130

A small window opens and then disappears after a few seconds

NitishBhukhanwala, May 5, 2015
  3. Edge won't stop loading. Blue spinning circle of death for days & days. What's going on with Microsoft Edge?

What is the "Project Spartan" homepage?

gloria******, May 5, 2015
  4. MUZZIES Win User

Having the same issue. mine opens for about 5 seconds then crashes. Any fix to this other than reinstalling windows? is there a way to reinstall Project S?

MUZZIES, May 10, 2015
  5. Charlie Win User
    Charlie, May 10, 2015
  6. MUZZIES Win User
    That did not work. is it possible to uninstall/reinstall?

MUZZIES, May 18, 2015
  7. brummyfan Win User
    Make it default by going to Settings-> System-> Default Apps and see whether it fixes the problem.

brummyfan, May 18, 2015
  8. MUZZIES Win User

I have it set as default. it opens, right after blue screen it crashes.

MUZZIES, May 18, 2015
  9. Charlie Win User
    Charlie, May 18, 2015
  10. nvaneck Win User
    Same for me after 10130 update...

nvaneck, May 29, 2015
  11. This happens to me when I run 10 in VirtualBox. I assume it has something to do with memory.

Michaelvas17, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Project Spartan fails to open - Similar Threads - Project Spartan fails

2. How to change options on Project Spartan?

in Browsers and Email
    How to change options on Project Spartan?: Just started looking at Spartan today and I'm struggling to work out how to do a few things, that I think were on the 'Internet Options' tab in IE. Can anyone tell me how to: Change how tabs work so when I open something in a new tab I automatically switch to that tab...
  3. No Project Spartan in Build 10049

in Browsers and Email
    No Project Spartan in Build 10049: Hi there. I recently installed 10049, but Project Spartan is not there or isn't working. When I go to All Apps and search under P for Project Spartan, there is an icon. When I click on it, it puts a big picture of Project Spartan on the screen, but there is no Internet...
  4. Project Spartan

in Browsers and Email
    Project Spartan: I saw somewhere on a MS site that if you are a member of THe insiders Club that you can download this browser. I can't seem to locate the url for the download. Can anyone help with this? 5004
  5. Interact with Desktop using Project Spartan...

in Browsers and Email
    Interact with Desktop using Project Spartan...: I am a developer who currently has a web application that calls a COM object on the PC that IE is running on. With Project Spartan I'm aware that they are getting rid of Active X which is the method we used to be able to do this. What I'm looking for is what is the...
  6. Learning to use Edge (Project Spartan

in Browsers and Email
    Learning to use Edge (Project Spartan: I am using Build 10074. How do I pin a website to the Start Screen? In Win 8.1 Internet Explorer, I could "Add site to Apps", then pin it to Start. How do I do this with Edge? 5905
  7. Microsoft's Project Spartan is being armed for assault in the browser.

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft's Project Spartan is being armed for assault in the browser.: With Project Spartan, Microsoft is building a new, modern browser for all Windows 10 devices: PCs, tablets and phones. Although the new rendering engine (Edge) has been forked from the one in Internet Explorer 11 (Trident), it has rapidly diverged from it, and now works well...
  8. Project Spartan and the Windows 10 January Preview Build

in Windows 10 News
    Project Spartan and the Windows 10 January Preview Build: Yesterday, we announced that Windows 10 will ship with a brand new browser, codenamed “Project Spartan.” Designed for Windows 10, Spartan provides a more interoperable, reliable, and discoverable experience with advanced features including the ability to annotate on web...
  9. Microsoft Bounty Programs Expansion – Azure and Project Spartan

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Bounty Programs Expansion – Azure and Project Spartan: I am excited to announce significant expansions to the Microsoft Bounty Programs. We are evolving the 'Online Services Bug Bounty, launching a new bounty for Project Spartan, and updating the Mitigation Bypass Bounty. This continued evolution includes additions to the...
  10. Updates from the “Project Spartan” Developer Workshop

in Windows 10 News
    Updates from the “Project Spartan” Developer Workshop: Today we’re excited to host some of our top web site partners, enterprise developers and web framework authors at the Microsoft Silicon Valley campus for a "Project Spartan" developer workshop to get an early look at Windows 10’s new default browsing experience as it rapidly...