Windows 10: Projecting PC to second screen

Discus and support Projecting PC to second screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I cannot display a second screen from my Surface 3 laptop. I am not able to change the screen resolution when connected to the second display. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Alan Sutherland, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Projecting PC to second screen

I cannot display a second screen from my Surface 3 laptop. I am not able to change the screen resolution when connected to the second display. When I try to change the screen resolution to suit the projector resolution I get the error message "The display settings could not be changed. Please try a different combination of display settings" . I have tried various combinations without success"

I was able to project successfully without having to manually change screen settings before doing a refresh of Windows 10.

Any help appreciated.

:)

Alan Sutherland, Jan 4, 2017

2. file explorer in windows 10

Type Project in the Cortana Search and click on Project to a second screen. Make sure PC Screen Only is selected.

Bruce Hagen, Jan 4, 2017
  3. AnneDean1 Win User
    Projecting to a second screen

I can't seem to connect to wireless display. Whenever I open the projection screen it's always back in PC only mode. I keep changing it and trying to connect to a wireless display but I keep getting the message "couldn't connect"

AnneDean1, Jan 4, 2017
  4. Projecting PC to second screen

Are your display drivers up to date?

DeaconFrost, Jan 4, 2017
  5. I just checked on settings windows update and it says my device is up to date.

6. If you go to Settings > System > Display, does it show both Monitors? And what does Device Manager show for Display adapters?

alphanumeric, Jan 4, 2017
  7. The display shows 2 monitors with the second monitor greyed out and the 1st monitor blue when I plug in the VGA adapter to the display port. Display adapters shows "Intel(R) HD Graphics"

Thanks

8. Projecting PC to second screen

On my triple monitor setup, two of the three will be greyed out if I switch to "PC Screen only". Only the one set as main stays blue. Once I switch to "Extend" they all go blue. Does it change if you switch to Extend or Second Screen only ?

alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Projecting PC to second screen

1. Projecting PC to second screen - Similar Threads - Projecting second screen

2. Projecting from laptop as a second monitor to PC not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Projecting from laptop as a second monitor to PC not working: Hi,I have been trying to connect my Laptop to my Desktop computer for a while now, but I can not see it after pressing windows + P and selecting 'connect to a device'. My laptop just simply not show up in the list. I have checked if both my desktop computer and laptop support...
  3. Projecting from laptop as a second monitor to PC not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Projecting from laptop as a second monitor to PC not working: Hi,I have been trying to connect my Laptop to my Desktop computer for a while now, but I can not see it after pressing windows + P and selecting 'connect to a device'. My laptop just simply not show up in the list. I have checked if both my desktop computer and laptop support...
  4. Using laptop as second screen for pc. Projection is not supported

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using laptop as second screen for pc. Projection is not supported: Hello, I'm trying to use my laptop as a second screen for my desktop. However, there's a message in the settings for projection: "This device does not support wireless projection.... " There's no wireless adapter in my pc so I think that might be the issue here? I was...
  5. projecting on projector screen from PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    projecting on projector screen from PC: I have PC desktop on the projector screen, but my monitor shows nothing as says 'inactive'. I'm using keyboard and looking over my shoulder at projector screen. When i open display options i clicked on duplicate screen. Then in Display settings it shows a box with #1 and a...
  6. Projecting to a second screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Projecting to a second screen: I have an HP Spectre x360. I can not use a second monitor. Using the same hardware and monitor, my daughter can project to a second monitor. Her laptop is also a spectre x360. I can charge my laptop using the usb-c ports. Is it possible to determine if it is hardware...
  7. Project Second screen constantly appearing

Project Second screen constantly appearing: Hi, The project screen windows + p keeps popping up on its own its not going away. I also checked if the keys are stuck or not but still no luck can someone please help....
  8. Project to a second screen

Project to a second screen: dear regarding the above subject when I request it I should go to the start search and type to get it, can help me please how create shortcut on the desktop for Project to a second screen? Also some times there is no response when I press it to get another screen? thanks,,,...
  9. Unable to project PC screen to TV

Unable to project PC screen to TV: Can someone tell me what the problem is and how to fix. I think I am making the problem worse, I am not a tec person and have no idea what I'm doing. Original title : my laptop will not project to my tv screen any more and it did before I use a HDMI cord....
  10. your pc cant project to second screen

your pc cant project to second screen: my pc cannot project to second screen after updating the windows. it says that try reinstalling the driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/your-pc-cant-project-to-second-screen/c8083678-86c7-46fa-9151-087cea136a8e