Windows 10: Prolonged Starting

Discus and support Prolonged Starting in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, recently got Windows 10 prolonged starts, before I can access my account and enter password. The mouse shows circle like loading some thing,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ponura89, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Ponura89 Win User

Prolonged Starting

Hello,
    recently got Windows 10 prolonged starts, before I can access my account and enter password. The mouse shows circle like loading some thing, after random button press screen gets white(not responding). How to find cause of this strange behavior?

:)

Ponura89, Nov 30, 2017

2. Nokia 6111 dialling problem

The speed dial only starts when you prolong the time you hold down the number in question i.e. a quick press on the zero will result in a zero entry.

benscarrow, Nov 30, 2017
  3. Rolando Vil, Nov 30, 2017
  4. Prolonged Starting

Your version of Windows 10 is running the latest build?

Are you running an SSD or a HDD?

Have you installed anything new onto the PC lately?

Masterchiefxx17, Dec 1, 2017
  5. Ponura89 Win User
    Yes, currently it's Windows 10 64 bit 1709 running on 120gb SSD. Overall performance of system is very good. Just the start is making me wrinkles. Hmm, recently I installed Dual Monitor Tools. Can this be the cause?

Ponura89, Dec 2, 2017
  6. Ztruker Win User
    The easiest way top find out is to uninstall it.

Ztruker, Dec 2, 2017
  7. I had that tool installed only for a short time, but as mentioned I would recommend you install it.

What sort of SSD are you using? Is it running the latest firmware?

Masterchiefxx17, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Prolonged Starting

1. Prolonged Starting - Similar Threads - Prolonged Starting

2. System Full Freezes up and requires manual restart after prolonged use, but there's no sign...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Full Freezes up and requires manual restart after prolonged use, but there's no sign...: Hello! I've been having an issue for some months now where my pc will freeze after being on for awhile or while I'm in the middle of gaming after several hours and requires me to manually reboot.I've tried disabling Global C State in the bios, checking the health of my drives...
  3. System Full Freezes up and requires manual restart after prolonged use, but there's no sign...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Full Freezes up and requires manual restart after prolonged use, but there's no sign...: Hello! I've been having an issue for some months now where my pc will freeze after being on for awhile or while I'm in the middle of gaming after several hours and requires me to manually reboot.I've tried disabling Global C State in the bios, checking the health of my drives...
  4. Windows semi-freezes when I seem to watch a video for a prolonged period of time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows semi-freezes when I seem to watch a video for a prolonged period of time: Hi,I'm encountering this issue on my new Dell Inspiron 5510 where I noticed sometimes that when I watch something like a youtube video in fullscreen for a longer period of time maybe 30minutes+? not sure, then my windows will semi-freeze. What I mean by semi freeze is stuff...
  5. Windows semi-freezes when I seem to watch a video for a prolonged period of time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows semi-freezes when I seem to watch a video for a prolonged period of time: Hi,I'm encountering this issue on my new Dell Inspiron 5510 where I noticed sometimes that when I watch something like a youtube video in fullscreen for a longer period of time maybe 30minutes+? not sure, then my windows will semi-freeze. What I mean by semi freeze is stuff...
  6. Windows semi-freezes when I seem to watch a video for a prolonged period of time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. context menu UI corrupt with prolonged use

in Windows 10 Support
    context menu UI corrupt with prolonged use: window explorer right click context menu, with many different version of windows 10, or even on my 8 computer as well. when it goes bad, it'll show blacklines with unreadable portion in context menu when right click on a file, folder or desktop. sometimes it'll show all...
  8. When waking from prolonged sleep, the fans start and the screen comes on momentarily then...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    When waking from prolonged sleep, the fans start and the screen comes on momentarily then...: I've just installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 onto a new 1Tb SSD. If the system has been asleep for some time, maybe over an hour, when I wake it up, the fans start and the screen comes on for a moment and then goes blank. I think if I leave it, the system may eventually...
  9. Question Windows 10 PC fails to work properly after a gaming session or prolonged use

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Question Windows 10 PC fails to work properly after a gaming session or prolonged use: Hello everyone. Thank you for taking your time to help me. I have been having a weird issue with my PC for the past couple days. After a 45 minute to 1 hour gaming session, my Steam tab turns unresponsive, my internet browser, my discord fails to load any pictures or videos,...
  10. Taskbar app highlighter gets stuck after prolonged use.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar app highlighter gets stuck after prolonged use.: Hello Microsoft! A couple of days ago I was using my Surface Book for an extremely long time. I was constantly switching from one app to another. After 3-4 hours of working, I realised that the app highlighter/glow effect in the taskbar gets stuck on one app. Even after...