Windows 10: Prolonged update sequence

Discus and support Prolonged update sequence in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My wife has W10 on her Sony Laptop. She gets updates followed by hours of just the 'dotted ring " flashing and its bumming her out. I think her laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by almerz, Dec 16, 2016.

1. almerz Win User

Prolonged update sequence

My wife has W10 on her Sony Laptop. She gets updates followed by hours of just the 'dotted ring " flashing and its
    bumming her out. I think her laptop will start up eventually but there must be a way of avoiding this onerous situation . *Redface

:)

almerz, Dec 16, 2016

2. How do I change my ring tone on mozart windows 7 phone to my favorite tune

You won't be able to change your ringtone to a tune of your choice until the "Mango" update which is due in the Fall (Northern hemisphere Fall).

To prolong the ringing time until the Voicemail kicks in is, at least in my case with Telstra, a function of your carrier and can be controlled by dialling an appropriate sequence. Search your carrier's web site for their details.

Trevor J Lawrence, Dec 16, 2016
  3. startup after prolonged update session.

Let's further isolate the issue. Let's check if there are corrupted/missing system files on your computer. We recommend that you boot your computer into safe mode so that we can continue with the troubleshooting. To do so, kindly follow these steps:

• Start your system.
    • After your computer shows its original equipment manufacturer's logo, perform a hard shut down by pressing and holding the power button until your computer shuts down.
    • Repeat steps 1 and 2.
    • Start your system again. This time, Windows will boot into the Windows 10 Repair Environment.
    • Select Troubleshoot.
    • Click on Advanced Options.
    • Select Startup Settings, then click restart.
    • When your computer restarts, press the corresponding key for safe mode to boot your computer into safe mode.

Once you're able to boot into safe mode, kindly run the System File Checker tool and the
    Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool. The System File Checker tool
    and the Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool check if there are corrupted system files on your computer. If the
    System File Checker tool detects incorrect, corrupted, or damaged system files, it replaces them with the correct file versions. If it cannot repair the issue, the
    Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool will try to fix as many errors as possible. To do so, kindly follow the steps in this article:

System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot
    . Remember to thoroughly read the instructions.

Kindly get back to us once you've tried the steps that we have provided.

Joshua Her1, Dec 16, 2016
  4. Wullail Win User

Windows Update Minitool Download Windows Update MiniTool - MajorGeeks

Turn the option to 'notify only' and do the updates with the tool when your wife isn't using the laptop , works really well for me on my slow older PC that the kids use.

Wullail, Dec 16, 2016
  5. almerz Win User
    Many thanks Wullail. I will get her to try it

almerz, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Prolonged update sequence - Similar Threads - Prolonged update sequence

2. What is Windows 10 update sequence?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is Windows 10 update sequence?: What is Windows 10 update sequence? I restarted using a computer that had been idle since 2017. It is at version 1607. Update started a series of updates that included some very recent updates., the last of which failed. It is now trying the 2018-04 update. hopefully it...
  3. What is Windows 10 update sequence?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is Windows 10 update sequence?: What is Windows 10 update sequence? I restarted using a computer that had been idle since 2017. It is at version 1607. Update started a series of updates that included some very recent updates., the last of which failed. It is now trying the 2018-04 update. hopefully it...
  4. What is Windows 10 update sequence?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Strange sequence of .NET cumulative updates

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange sequence of .NET cumulative updates: Windows10-1809 64bit. Yesterday .NET cumulative 2019_08 was installed - KB4512192, restarted, all seems OK. Today Windows tells me to install 2019_07, KB4507419. I checked Update history and I already have it installed July25. Windows10 doesn't allow me to unclick it and it...
  6. "Not Responding" after prolonged use

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Not Responding" after prolonged use: I am looking for some help debugging a problem which is driving my crazy. After my Win10 system has been running for a week or longer all of a sudden applications such Google Chome start to become very slow, and stop responding to any keyboard input. When this happens the...
  7. Fresh install: prolonged sequence before boot. Help?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fresh install: prolonged sequence before boot. Help?: Hello, long time lurker (back to sevenforums) first time poster here. I built a computer back in October 2015 and initially ran Win 7. It ran and booted great. Specs (shown in Win 10): [img] Asus H97i Plus Motherboard MSI GTX 970 GPU. I recently clean...
  8. Prolonged constant drive activity on startup

Prolonged constant drive activity on startup: Hello everyone! I've got an issue with my computer that has made it pretty painful to shutdown/restart. The issue that I have is constant drive activity on the primary drive that lasts up to 10 minutes after startup. I timed it this morning and here's the breakdown:...
  9. Explorerinit phase of Boot sequences gets randomly prolonged

Explorerinit phase of Boot sequences gets randomly prolonged: Hi there, So recently I got a Dell XPS 15 9550. I immediately re-formatted it and install everything from scratch. I'm also only using Local Account for my laptop. Now weirdly, I've been experiencing several occasions where the Windows will get stuck at the Logon period...
  10. Prolonged Starting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Prolonged Starting: Hello, recently got Windows 10 prolonged starts, before I can access my account and enter password. The mouse shows circle like loading some thing, after random button press screen gets white(not responding). How to find cause of this strange behavior? 99289