Windows 10: Proper Actions After Hard Reset

Discus and support Proper Actions After Hard Reset in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I know the rules here are to post info from the DM log tool but I am not having BSOD issues and if this is the wrong place I apologize. I have not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by andyouf, Sep 3, 2018.

1. andyouf Win User

Proper Actions After Hard Reset

Hi,

I know the rules here are to post info from the DM log tool but I am not having BSOD issues and if this is the wrong place I apologize. I have not had any BSOD's or freezes on my system. The other day for the first time as a game was loading the system froze and I had to do a hard reset.

Everything is working fine. I just wanted to ask if there are certain steps I should take to make sure nothing was damaged. I ran sfc /scannow and DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and results were fine from those steps.

Edit: I just saw
    I tried to delete this and put this in the general area but don't see a delete option.

:)

andyouf, Sep 3, 2018
  2. xBruce88x Win User

Contest! Win Hard Reset!

Bump

No one wants Hard Reset? I'm open to other suggestions for contest ideas.

maybe i got this in the wrong section... could a mod move it to the FS/FT/WTB/Giveaway section?

xBruce88x, Sep 3, 2018
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Sep 3, 2018
  4. buildzoid Win User

Hard reset on linux

Wait did you mean hard reset as in pressing the reset button or Hard Reset the game?

buildzoid, Sep 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Proper Actions After Hard Reset - Similar Threads - Proper Actions Hard

2. No Partition Access after Hard Reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Partition Access after Hard Reset: I had my old laptop Dell Inspiron 17 5767 partitioned and running Windows ten pro on Drive 1 and Windows Insider Preview Dev on drive 2. After doing a hard reset of drive 1 drive 2 seems to have been perfectly preserved except that it won't boot. The choose operating system...
  3. No Partition Access after Hard Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Partition Access after Hard Reset: I had my old laptop Dell Inspiron 17 5767 partitioned and running Windows ten pro on Drive 1 and Windows Insider Preview Dev on drive 2. After doing a hard reset of drive 1 drive 2 seems to have been perfectly preserved except that it won't boot. The choose operating system...
  4. No Partition Access after Hard Reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Install issues after a hard reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install issues after a hard reset: ok so my Microsoft 950 mobile became unresponsive so I had to to a hard reset on it but since them I'm having trouble downloading my games from the store I keep getting the message 'Where do you want to install? It looks like you don't have any applicable device linked to...
  6. Install issues after a hard reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install issues after a hard reset: ok so my Microsoft 950 mobile became unresponsive so I had to to a hard reset on it but since them I'm having trouble downloading my games from the store I keep getting the message 'Where do you want to install? It looks like you don't have any applicable device linked to...
  7. PC not working properly after reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC not working properly after reset: My Pc was running very slow and I was running into problems so i reset the PC and went away for around 20 minutes, when i came back the screens where all black, the PC was on and my keyboard was lit up, my two monitor are also...
  8. Sound Not Working Properly After Reset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Not Working Properly After Reset: I just factory reset my laptop, and while the audio still works, it's not working properly. I have two sets of speakers, one in the back, and one underneath. I can only seem to get one or the other to work, instead of both at the same time. I'm honestly lost as to what to do....
  9. Bluetooth disappeared after hard reset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth disappeared after hard reset: My laptop is not detecting Bluetooth module after hard reset of pc i have tried almost everything i know please help if someone can https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-disappeared-after-hard-reset/b0cb5aa2-1cb1-4956-8ad9-ef02a51ab2b9
  10. Windows 10 not working properly after reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 not working properly after reset: Hello My PC was slowing down so I decided to reset my computer. After the reset is not working properly. When I turn on the computer everything works just fine but after a minute the internet goes away and my computer starts going slow, the computer won't connect to the...