Windows 10: Protect PC from High-End Attacks?

Discus and support Protect PC from High-End Attacks? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello! I was wondering if anyone could give me better tips to protect my PC from things like botnets. In the case I am particularly looking to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by technodos, Aug 6, 2017.

1. technodos Win User

Protect PC from High-End Attacks?

Hello! I was wondering if anyone could give me better tips to protect my PC from things like botnets.

In the case I am particularly looking to expand my security horizon not on accidentally visiting websites that would give me a botnet, but people deliberately attempting to botnet or backend my PC through their own custom tools.

I was also wondering how I could help make Discord far more secure than it is because it uses WebRTC, which isn't secure,if there's any way to make it more secure on my PC.

I have ZoneAlarm firewall and, by default, Windows firewall is on, but I am looking for something stronger that won't give in when people overwhelm it/use powerful cutting-edge tools to bruteforce. In general, I would also appreciate tips, as a site I visited no longer offers its PDF on Windows security and most tips online are pretty garbage, like "well, do you have a password? How about a good antivirus?"

Thanks guys! *Smile

:)

technodos, Aug 6, 2017
  2. asishbm98 Win User

High End Game on a Low end PC

what happens when playing high end games on low end pc

asishbm98, Aug 6, 2017
  3. High End Game on a Low end PC

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Playing High End games completely depends on the requirements. If the Computer meets the minimum game requirements also, you will be able to play them. Also, in most of the games, you can set the Display settings to low values if the Graphics card memory
    doesn't meet the requirements, however, you would not be able to cherish the gameplay graphics and animations. Also, for low RAM memory, you can use ready boost feature.

Hope this information is helpful.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Aug 6, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, I like Secureage SecureAplus, which provides
    - application whitelisting (preventing things running that have not already been approved down to dll level)
    - normally non-intrusive
    - not a noticeable load on the system
    - multi-engine scan
    - runs alongside conventional AVs - I use Avast free.
    - competent responsive support.

Data Security Solutions without Compromise | SecureAge Technology
    Free Cloud Antivirus Application Control for PC | SecureAPlus

SecureAPlus uses cloud antivirus engines to provide the most accurate diagnosis to detect potential threats – effectively giving a second opinion with 12 antivirus engines without slowing down your PC

By getting the choice to run or block every time an untrusted application launches for the first time, you are effectively given a reliable way and probably the best virus protection and malware protection against freshly created threats.

This is especially effective on Advanced Persistent Threats (APT) which most traditional anti virus protection software struggle against.

====================================
    Ransomware:
    In addition I have
    Cybereason Ransomfree
    Bitdefender Antiransomware

All are free; no conflicts, no system slow-down.

dalchina, Aug 6, 2017
Thema:

1. Protect PC from High-End Attacks? - Similar Threads - Protect High End

2. High End Pc Shutdowns while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High End Pc Shutdowns while gaming: i have ryzen 9 , Rtx 3080 with 64 gb ram............. Everything like unreal engine , gta 5 runs complete smoothly without any lag, even cinema 4d cinebench did stress test for 1.5 hours and everything went good, still whenever i play hitman 3 , my pc randomly shutdowns...
  3. High End Pc Shutdowns while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High End Pc Shutdowns while gaming: i have ryzen 9 , Rtx 3080 with 64 gb ram............. Everything like unreal engine , gta 5 runs complete smoothly without any lag, even cinema 4d cinebench did stress test for 1.5 hours and everything went good, still whenever i play hitman 3 , my pc randomly shutdowns...
  4. High End Pc Shutdowns while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. High end pc UNUSABLY laggy and slow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High end pc UNUSABLY laggy and slow.: So the other day my pc just out of nowhere became super laggy. After every task like opening browser, typing, opening every application takes about 10 seconds to show on my screen. When i switch tabs on opera it takes around 10-15 seconds after my click to process and load....
  6. High end pc UNUSABLY laggy and slow.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High end pc UNUSABLY laggy and slow.: So the other day my pc just out of nowhere became super laggy. After every task like opening browser, typing, opening every application takes about 10 seconds to show on my screen. When i switch tabs on opera it takes around 10-15 seconds after my click to process and load....
  7. Protect Shadow Copy From Ransomeware Attack in Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Protect Shadow Copy From Ransomeware Attack in Windows: Hi all I just want to know that is there any way to protect windows shadow copy from ransomware attack I heard that ransomware also delete shadow copy file by using command "vssadmin.exe delete shadows /all/quite" so if there is any way to protect shadow copy....
  8. high end pc noob

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    high end pc noob: i have pentium 4 and when i buy i7 can place my pentium4 hard drive disc i think sata in the new one ? can i put 2 hdds ? and can they work together ? 115862
  9. high end pc noob

in Windows 10 Support
    high end pc noob: i have pentium 4 and when i buy i7 can place my pentium4 hard drive disc i think sata in the new one ? can i put 2 hdds ? and can they work together ? 115862
  10. Slow login time on high end PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow login time on high end PC: I have this issue where the desktop takes noticeably longer to load when I sign-in. I have ultra fast boot enabled and it takes about 5 seconds to get to the login screen, but then I get a black screen when I used to instantly get the desktop, I do eventually get the desktop...