Windows 10: Protected Boot -- maybe another look is needed

Discus and support Protected Boot -- maybe another look is needed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there Protected boot doesn't seem to be as secure as some people would have us believe --this whole thing needs to be looked at again. Here's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jimbo45, Mar 21, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Protected Boot -- maybe another look is needed

Hi there

Protected boot doesn't seem to be as secure as some people would have us believe --this whole thing needs to be looked at again.

Here's a post from A.Guy on W8 forum.

http://www.eightforums.com/security-...tml#post486927

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Mar 21, 2015

2. Nokia 5800 Messaging Issue

I would re boot the handset.

If it does it again maybe it needs looking at.

ricksvill---01, Mar 21, 2015
  3. Allan Mej Win User
    Toolbars disappearing from my taskbar

This usually happens because an anti-virus software is running Protection at boot. When Protection at boot is enabled, the anti-virus' service makes the hard disk drive busy on reboot, causing the disappearance of your taskbar-pinned apps.
    Are you using another anti-virus software side by side with Windows Defender? If yes, kindly try turning off its Protection boot or folder control access.

We'll be looking forward for your update.

Allan Mej, Mar 21, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

That article doesn't mention protected boot.

There's always a way to compromise systems given enough time. Hell, they could create a special CPU that they can swap out the real CPU with if they wanted to.

While there are indeed issues at the extreme end of security for this, this isn't something most anyone using a normal computer will have to worry about.

Mystere, Mar 21, 2015
Thema:

1. Protected Boot -- maybe another look is needed - Similar Threads - Protected Boot maybe

2. windows saying it needs another boot device

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows saying it needs another boot device: after around 2 months of not using my pc, it says that it needs a boot device. whenever i use a boot device i click install now, i don’t have a product key, next, accept , then custom because i can’t upgrade it i’m starting the computer with windows installation media, and...
  3. HELP! Windows has corrupted 2 SSDs and maybe another?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP! Windows has corrupted 2 SSDs and maybe another?: OK I’ll keep this as brief as I can. I have managed to have 2 ssds corrupt in the past and now my newest one just goes to 100% usage and 0 kB/s read/write speed just using Word. When this happens my whole pc becomes unresponsive. This is exactly what happened to my other two...
  4. boot issue...maybe BCD issue

boot issue...maybe BCD issue: So I was cloning a drive with mini tool shadow maker...I installed the new drive and I saw it in windows and I apparently chose wrong when I chose MBR and not GPT...so I cloned the HDD to the ssd. Shutdown and remove old drive and booted new drive..,bios has been Legacy the...
  5. need protection lock

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    need protection lock: I want protection lock in volume D and E in my computer section. i have window 10 in asus x507u laptop..... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-protection-lock/272909e2-d4d5-4025-a23f-46d48f3d1869
  6. Maybe it’s a windows issue? I need help

Maybe it’s a windows issue? I need help: submitted by /u/finnkirsh [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ecmn9m/maybe_its_a_windows_issue_i_need_help/
  7. Protection Action Needed

Protection Action Needed: I have majorly problem about windows defender security center, They Must Be Displayed Virus And Threat Protection Managed By Your Originization….. NEED HELP.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/protection-action-needed/30cb071c-383c-41a1-aafc-fbe041265351
  8. Protection Action Needed

Protection Action Needed: I have majorly problem about windows defender security center, They Must Be Displayed Virus And Threat Protection Managed By Your Originization….. NEED HELP.......
  9. "Look for another app on this PC" disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Look for another app on this PC" disappeared: I had Windows 10 Home Edition. Through my university I upgraded to the Educational edition After the update, when I right click on a file and open the "Open With..." dialog, I can only choose one of the apps the dialog proposes or the option "Search in Windows Store for an...
  10. Reinstalling Dual Boot System - Maybe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling Dual Boot System - Maybe: Since Windows 8.1 core OEM has the Sear.ch malware on it and I have a Windows 8.1 Pro key, I'm going to format the partition and reinstall. I have the flash drive ready with Windows 8.1 Pro on it. At the same time I'm going to format the partition and reinstall Windows 10...