Windows 10: Proxy server will not stay off

Discus and support Proxy server will not stay off in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I bought a gaming computer last year and it works super great, except for one thing that I've been noticing is a problem of late. My internet started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dani Mercier, Feb 25, 2024.

1. Proxy server will not stay off

I bought a gaming computer last year and it works super great, except for one thing that I've been noticing is a problem of late. My internet started to slow down a lot, and some Steam games will not open. I did some hunting around and found out there is apparently a proxy server running. I try to turn it off but it will not save that setting the save button greys out, and almost immediately it is back on. I checked for updates, did a full scan it did find a trojan and fixed it, problem remains unchanged but nothing has worked so far. Which is starting to get annoying because it's slowing

:)

Dani Mercier, Feb 25, 2024
  2. Zelicek Win User

Windows 10 proxy server won't stay off

Hi,

I have the same problem. When I do what you suggested, close the window with settings and open it again, nothing is changed.

David

Zelicek, Feb 25, 2024
  3. Windows 10 proxy server won't stay off

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Communities.

This issue might occur because of incorrect proxy settings.

Let’s check the proxy settings and modify them if they are not configured correctly.

• Type Proxy on the start menu search, click on
      Change Proxy settings.

• Under Automatic Proxy setup.

• Move the Automatically detect settings
      bar to ON.

• Under Manual Proxy settings.

• Move the Use a proxy server bar to
      OFF.

Proxy server will not stay off 9fa5470f-266e-47ec-877c-504be6a872e0.png
    If the issue persists even after disabling the proxy settings, check the proxy settings in Internet Explorer. Follow the steps to disable proxy.

• Click the Gear box at the top right corner in
      Internet Explorer

• Click the Tools button, and then click
      Internet Options.

• Click the Connections tab, and then click
      LAN settings.

• Uncheck the option Use a Proxy Server for your LAN.

• Click Apply and Ok
      to cave changes.
    If you haven't set Internet Explorer as default we browser, try to set Internet Explorer as the default web browser and check if that helps.

Make Internet Explorer your default browser:

Make Internet Explorer your default browser - Microsoft Support

Try these steps and let us know the results. We’d be happy to help if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Anusha

Anusha Verma, Feb 25, 2024
  4. Yonwato Win User

Proxy server will not stay off

Windows 10 proxy server won't stay off

I tried all these processes but I still face the same problem. I can't connect my system to the internet at all. It keeps referring me to proxy settings.

Yonwato, Feb 25, 2024
Thema:

Proxy server will not stay off

1. Proxy server will not stay off - Similar Threads - Proxy server stay

2. Proxy server will not stay off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Proxy server will not stay off: I bought a gaming computer last year and it works super great, except for one thing that I've been noticing is a problem of late. My internet started to slow down a lot, and some Steam games will not open. I did some hunting around and found out there is apparently a proxy...
  3. Proxy server will not stay off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Proxy server will not stay off: I bought a gaming computer last year and it works super great, except for one thing that I've been noticing is a problem of late. My internet started to slow down a lot, and some Steam games will not open. I did some hunting around and found out there is apparently a proxy...
  4. Proxy Servers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Proxy Servers: Is it advisable to use a proxy server for my wireless network? Setup script address was 127.0.0.1:86...Is this a normal configuration? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/proxy-servers/f9dcdd46-0421-4e37-b477-24943eeb017a
  5. Manual Proxy setup use a proxy server will not stay off. What can I do?

Manual Proxy setup use a proxy server will not stay off. What can I do?: Manual Proxy setup use a proxy server will not stay off. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/manual-proxy-setup-use-a-proxy-server-will-not/9415b0e9-6eec-49b8-9c21-e1e34d71ba8b
  6. Proxy Server

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Proxy Server: On Windows 10, every time I try to access a web site a message comes up stating the "Proxy Server cannot be accessed" I then have to go to Proxy and turn a yes switch to a no for the site I am attempting to access. When I am in the site if I want to go to a hyperlink, the...
  7. Proxy Server Not Shutting Off

Proxy Server Not Shutting Off: For some odd reason my proxy keeps turning on after I turn it off and it keeps connecting to 127.0.0.1 with port 8556. When I checked the registry I found an "unknown account" under the permissions for internet settings tab. I tried to revoke that account's permissions but it...
  8. Proxy won't stay off

Proxy won't stay off: How to keep proxy off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/proxy-wont-stay-off/b3615d1f-2236-4558-916d-c43ed169e58d
  9. proxy servers

proxy servers: Do I need to have a proxy server on my Notebook connection to the world wide web? Scott G....
  10. Proxy Server

Proxy Server: I have Internet access but on a lot of sites it says that I can't get on the site because of the Proxy Server. This is only happening on one Computer and my other 3 have no problems but they don't have windows 10? 18589