Windows 10: PS4 on Windows 10 with DS4Windows Troubleshoot

Discus and support PS4 on Windows 10 with DS4Windows Troubleshoot in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am trying to use my PS4 controller on my PC with the program DS4Windows. Initially, it worked perfectly, but something got screwed up and now it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SSShadii, Nov 20, 2016.

1. SSShadii Win User

PS4 on Windows 10 with DS4Windows Troubleshoot

I am trying to use my PS4 controller on my PC with the program DS4Windows. Initially, it worked perfectly, but something got screwed up and now it doesn't. When I plug it in or try to connect it through bluetooth, it registers as "Unknown USB Device (Configuration Descriptor Request Failed)". Before, it would register as "XBox Controller", and it would be given its own menu in the device manager. I've also double checked the controller with my lap top using DS4Windows and it works properly, so I'm pretty sure this is an issue with the the installation or the driver assignments on the PC being screwed up somehow. I have uninstalled the program and reinstalled it, and it doesn't fix the problem. I've also uninstalled and installed the driver (Virtual Bus Driver) using ScpDriver, but that doesn't work either.

Any ideas how to fix this? I was going to try to reinstall the drivers for the XBox controller that Windows 10 comes with and then try reinstalling the program, but I'm not sure how I would do that.

:)

SSShadii, Nov 20, 2016

2. I can't pair my ps4 controller since 1703 update

Could you please describe how you fixed this issue...I am having the same issue.

Only when connected over Bluetooth, my PS4 controller's light immediately turns off and games don't discover it. The bluetooth menu shows that the device is connected, but no games actually recognize it. It seems to work in Steam Big Picture mode but that's
    it.

When connected over USB everything works fine and my games recognize it as a PS4 controller. The issues when connected over bluetooth started happening in 1703 update.

I've tried every recommendation on this forum and nothing has solved it...My workaround is to use

DS4Windows
    , and use it as an xbox controller...but I'd prefer for my games to see it as a PS4 controller.

FaradayCage, Nov 20, 2016
  3. X & Y axis on Xbox 360 controller constantly stuck

But this is a Windows issue, I used a DualShock 4 controller with DS4Windows and it was the same thing. None of the posts you linked mentioned anything about such a problem.

ΜΛЈЇÐ ĂĿĮÄMÎŘÍ, Nov 20, 2016
Thema:

PS4 on Windows 10 with DS4Windows Troubleshoot

1. PS4 on Windows 10 with DS4Windows Troubleshoot - Similar Threads - PS4 DS4Windows Troubleshoot

2. My Ps4 controller not working even AFTER reinstalling the bluetooth driver & DS4windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Ps4 controller not working even AFTER reinstalling the bluetooth driver & DS4windows: Alright, so this issue started in November before November Bluetooth with a ps4 controller was going fine and then after that ds4 stopped detecting the controller steam stopped detecting it just the whole PC stopped detecting it, and well I'm not trying to factory reset my PC...
  3. My Ps4 controller not working even AFTER reinstalling the bluetooth driver & DS4windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Ps4 controller not working even AFTER reinstalling the bluetooth driver & DS4windows: Alright, so this issue started in November before November Bluetooth with a ps4 controller was going fine and then after that ds4 stopped detecting the controller steam stopped detecting it just the whole PC stopped detecting it, and well I'm not trying to factory reset my PC...
  4. My Ps4 controller not working even AFTER reinstalling the bluetooth driver & DS4windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. PS4 Controller on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PS4 Controller on Windows 10: Hello everyone,I am trying to use my PS4 Controller on Windows. When I plug it into any USB interface, the usual device connected sound is audible and the Controller appears in the Windows Settings in the category devices as "Wireless Controller", which is odd, because I...
  6. PS4 Controller on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PS4 Controller on Windows 10: Hello everyone,I am trying to use my PS4 Controller on Windows. When I plug it into any USB interface, the usual device connected sound is audible and the Controller appears in the Windows Settings in the category devices as "Wireless Controller", which is odd, because I...
  7. DS4Windows and the Windows 10 PS4 controller compatibility issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DS4Windows and the Windows 10 PS4 controller compatibility issue: This has been an issue that I've been actually questioning myself. The PS4 controller should work on Windows 10 as if it was a regular joypad (that is not an Xbox controller). However, I'm having an issue that the buttons are like what I had when I tried out XCloud: The X...
  8. ps4 control to windows 10

ps4 control to windows 10: Is possible to use a ps4 control to play in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ps4-control-to-windows-10/b4f9a124-9f26-4fdb-bfe2-c08780043919
  9. ds4windows not connecting ps4 controller

ds4windows not connecting ps4 controller: hello, I am trying to connect my ps4 controller to my pc so I can use it for fortnite but I seem to be able to download the ds4 drivers successfully but when I plug it in it just flashes orange and then the light turns off. I can't even see the controller connected in devices...
  10. Troubleshoot Problems in Windows 10 with Troubleshooters

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Troubleshoot Problems in Windows 10 with Troubleshooters: How to: Troubleshoot Problems in Windows 10 with Troubleshooters How to Run Troubleshooters to Find and Fix Common Problems in Windows 10 If something isn't working in Windows 10, running a troubleshooter might help. Troubleshooters can find and fix many common problems...