Windows 10: Psexec syntax and problem with programs

Discus and support Psexec syntax and problem with programs in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, can you please give me an advice about using PSEXEC on Windows 10? I would like to run/start program with GUI on remote computer, but its not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by extromen, Nov 1, 2017.

1. extromen Win User

Psexec syntax and problem with programs

Hi,

can you please give me an advice about using PSEXEC on Windows 10? I would like to run/start program with GUI on remote computer, but its not working.

I Can run program with PID, which i can see in task manager, but no GUI is showing on monitor, unforutnately. Down I will copy some commands, which I have already tried. For example my idea is run chrome.exe on remote computer in LAN, with GUI on remote computer of course.

BTW: I have no problem to use psexec to the same computer with the syntax: psexec \\computer -u remote/admin -p xxx shutdown /r (or for example ipconfig)

But program is problem for me, here are some commands with errors on computer:

C:\Users\xx\Downloads>psexec \\xxxx -u remote\admin -p xxxx "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe"
    PsExec v2.2 - Execute processes remotely
    Copyright (C) 2001-2016 Mark Russinovich
    Sysinternals - www.sysinternals.com
    [3676:6068:1031/223133.523:ERROR*Tonguerocess_singleton_win.cc(409)] Lock file can not be created! Error code: 32
    [3676:6068:1031/223133.523:ERROR:chrome_browser_main.cc(1547)] Failed to create a ProcessSingleton for your profile directory. This means that running multiple instances would start multiple browser processes rather than opening a new window in the existing process. Aborting now to avoid profile corruption.
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe exited on student-08 with error code 21.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    C:\Users\xxx\Downloads>psexec \\xxxx -u remote\admin -p xxxx -i -d "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe"
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe started on student-08 with process ID 8832. - DOESNT START ANY PROCESS ON REMOTE COMPUTER

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    C:Users\xxx\Downloads>psexec \\xxxx -u remote\admin -p xxx -d "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe"
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe started on student-08 with process ID 1936. -PROCESS SUCESSFULL STARTED, I CAN SEE IN TASK MANAGER, BUT NO GUI

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    C:\Users\xxx\Downloads>psexec \\xxx -u remote\admin -p xxx "C:\program files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" "http://www.yahoo.com/"
    ^C
    C:\program files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe exited on student-08 with error code 1.
    C:\Users\xxx\Downloads>psexec \\xxx -u remote\admin -p xxx -i "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe"
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe exited on student-08 with error code -1073741502.
    C:\Users\xxx\Downloads>psexec \\xxxx calc.exe -u remote\admin -p xxx -i
    calc.exe exited on student-08 with error code 0.
    přitom, když dám psexec \\xxx -u remote\admin -p xxxx shutdown /r tak to funguje bez problému, to samé např. výpis ipconfig také bez problému

I have tried these syntaxions, but i wasnt succesfuull *Smile

Can you please help me?

Thank you very much *Smile

:)

extromen, Nov 1, 2017

2. Psexec on Windows 10 error when Enumerating domain

Hi,

After migrating on Windows 10 from Windows 8 when using psexec I've started to recieve an error message when enumerating domain. Error is "A system error has occurred: 53". On other machine where still Windows 8 is installed everything works fine.

When I use psexec \\pcname command is executed without problems, but when I use psexec \\* I've get "A system error has occurred: 53"

Sorry for bad english Psexec syntax and problem with programs :)

Thanks.

DenissManolijs, Nov 1, 2017
  3. ArushPCGuy, Nov 1, 2017
Thema:

Psexec syntax and problem with programs

1. Psexec syntax and problem with programs - Similar Threads - Psexec syntax problem

2. command line syntax question

in Windows 10 Support
    command line syntax question: Hi: I have this line in C code: wsprintf(buf, L"/C ping 127.0.0.1 -n 5 && "NOTEPAD.EXE" " ); ExecWin(L"cmd.exe", buf, TRUE ); When it executes, ping runs and NOTEPAD is launched but the command windows stays open until notepad exits. So I tried this code: wsprintf(buf,...
  3. ffmpeg - need help with syntax to run

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ffmpeg - need help with syntax to run: I'm unfamiliar with ffmpeg but I wanted to check the integrity of a video file since it may not have completed downloading correctly. The general advice everywhere online is to use ffmpeg with this syntax: [path to ffmpeg.exe executable] -v error -i [path to video file] -f...
  4. Problem downloading programs...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Problem downloading programs...: Hey Microsoft.. I've bought this computer for my parents, but after i had set all the 'normal settings' and i afterwards wan't to download something from the internet for instance google chrome, i get a message that im only allowed to install apps from the Microsoft App....
  5. Invalid syntax with SETX

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Invalid syntax with SETX: I used the SETX command to set CONDA AND PYTHON path: SETX PATH "%PATH%;C:\AI-ML\Anaconda3\Scripts;C:\AI-ML\Anaconda3;C:\AI-ML\python\python37" But Its's shows this error. so, help me when I open this Startup folder using this Shell:startup it show me vacant folder....
  6. Add PsExec to Windows 10 Context Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add PsExec to Windows 10 Context Menu: Hello, I can run the command prompt as admin from the context menu. Is it possible to run the command prompt as SYSTEM from the context menu? I currently use PsExec from the Systernal Suite to run CMD as SYSTEM but I have not figured out a way to add that to the context...
  7. Psexec

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Psexec: Anyone had luck installing psexec on Win10? Having trouble. Not sure if they environmental variables are correct. 105767
  8. Windows Syntax & Search

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Syntax & Search: Hi! . I want to search for strings that occur within the contents of text files. . I am definitely missing something with respect to Windows' search syntax or Windows in general...sorry! . To avoid the complexity of my specific issue, I created the following test...
  9. "The syntax of the file name, directory or volume is not correct."

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    "The syntax of the file name, directory or volume is not correct.": In Audit mode, if I run the %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c cleanmgr /sageset:65535 & cleanmgr /sagerun:65535 command from the Command Prompt, the "Disk Cleanup Settings" window is displayed. So, I select all the items and press Ok. Now, before the prompt is displayed...
  10. Xcopy syntax for multiple source directories

in Windows 10 Support
    Xcopy syntax for multiple source directories: can someone show me a sample xcopy command to copy C:\Directory1 and C:\Directory2 to a destination directory H:\DestinationDirectory? 88324