Windows 10: Psexec syntax and problem with programs

Discus and support Psexec syntax and problem with programs in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, can you please give me an advice about using PSEXEC on Windows 10? I would like to run/start program with GUI on remote computer, but its not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by extromen, Nov 1, 2017.

1. extromen Win User

Psexec syntax and problem with programs

Hi,

can you please give me an advice about using PSEXEC on Windows 10? I would like to run/start program with GUI on remote computer, but its not working.

I Can run program with PID, which i can see in task manager, but no GUI is showing on monitor, unforutnately. Down I will copy some commands, which I have already tried. For example my idea is run chrome.exe on remote computer in LAN, with GUI on remote computer of course.

BTW: I have no problem to use psexec to the same computer with the syntax: psexec \\computer -u remote/admin -p xxx shutdown /r (or for example ipconfig)

But program is problem for me, here are some commands with errors on computer:

C:\Users\xx\Downloads>psexec \\xxxx -u remote\admin -p xxxx "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe"
    PsExec v2.2 - Execute processes remotely
    Copyright (C) 2001-2016 Mark Russinovich
    Sysinternals - www.sysinternals.com
    [3676:6068:1031/223133.523:ERROR*Tonguerocess_singleton_win.cc(409)] Lock file can not be created! Error code: 32
    [3676:6068:1031/223133.523:ERROR:chrome_browser_main.cc(1547)] Failed to create a ProcessSingleton for your profile directory. This means that running multiple instances would start multiple browser processes rather than opening a new window in the existing process. Aborting now to avoid profile corruption.
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe exited on student-08 with error code 21.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    C:\Users\xxx\Downloads>psexec \\xxxx -u remote\admin -p xxxx -i -d "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe"
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe started on student-08 with process ID 8832. - DOESNT START ANY PROCESS ON REMOTE COMPUTER

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    C:Users\xxx\Downloads>psexec \\xxxx -u remote\admin -p xxx -d "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe"
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe started on student-08 with process ID 1936. -PROCESS SUCESSFULL STARTED, I CAN SEE IN TASK MANAGER, BUT NO GUI

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    C:\Users\xxx\Downloads>psexec \\xxx -u remote\admin -p xxx "C:\program files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" "http://www.yahoo.com/"
    ^C
    C:\program files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe exited on student-08 with error code 1.
    C:\Users\xxx\Downloads>psexec \\xxx -u remote\admin -p xxx -i "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe"
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe exited on student-08 with error code -1073741502.
    C:\Users\xxx\Downloads>psexec \\xxxx calc.exe -u remote\admin -p xxx -i
    calc.exe exited on student-08 with error code 0.
    přitom, když dám psexec \\xxx -u remote\admin -p xxxx shutdown /r tak to funguje bez problému, to samé např. výpis ipconfig také bez problému

I have tried these syntaxions, but i wasnt succesfuull *Smile

Can you please help me?

Thank you very much *Smile

:)

extromen, Nov 1, 2017

2. Psexec on Windows 10 error when Enumerating domain

Hi,

After migrating on Windows 10 from Windows 8 when using psexec I've started to recieve an error message when enumerating domain. Error is "A system error has occurred: 53". On other machine where still Windows 8 is installed everything works fine.

When I use psexec \\pcname command is executed without problems, but when I use psexec \\* I've get "A system error has occurred: 53"

Sorry for bad english Psexec syntax and problem with programs :)

Thanks.

DenissManolijs, Nov 1, 2017
  3. ArushPCGuy, Nov 1, 2017
Thema:

Psexec syntax and problem with programs

1. Psexec syntax and problem with programs - Similar Threads - Psexec syntax problem

2. microsoft syntax

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft syntax: Hello.I would ask you wher can find this microsoft site https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilm5Gdl4gycand how can make commands with syntax https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-syntax/8e1cba47-50d7-438b-984e-5f7c2b611dda
  3. microsoft syntax

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft syntax: Hello.I would ask you wher can find this microsoft site https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilm5Gdl4gycand how can make commands with syntax https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-syntax/8e1cba47-50d7-438b-984e-5f7c2b611dda
  4. Wrong syntax

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Wrong syntax: So I wanted to test the command net user localgroup /add Administrators account name without admin permissions, to see if the command actually works. I expected it to show something like error: no permission or something like that. Here are the results. Is there anything I've...
  5. Psexec with cmd parameters?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Psexec with cmd parameters?: Hi All, I am trying to run a command on a remote computer using psexec, and I can get it to run fine by just calling the .exe, but I also need to have 2 parameters included in the command, but I can't get it to work. Here is my example: I can run this fine: psexec.exe -i...
  6. Syntax Error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Syntax Error: i try and open HR Block 2018 and get this error Syntax error on line 1:{"queryUrl"is not a valid type,see ConfigurationFileReader::readData{}} What the heck do I do now. I tried Uinstall and reinstalling the software from a disk. It just wont work. I never had this...
  7. PSexec

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PSexec: I know you can use PSExec to say for instance shutdown or delete a file on a remote computer's desktop of a user on the domain. psexec64 \\<Computer-Name> cmd /c del c:\Users\user\Desktop\testtext.txt psexec64 \\<Computer-Name> cmd /c shutdown /h /r 0 Is there a way...
  8. PsExec launch throws Access Denied Error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PsExec launch throws Access Denied Error: Hi, While running PsExec.exe in a Windows 10 64 bit system, throws "Access Denied" error Where as PsExec64.exe launches fine. Event logs shows the following error, Activation context generation failed for "D:\2019\PsExec.exe".Error in manifest or policy file...
  9. Psexec

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Psexec: Anyone had luck installing psexec on Win10? Having trouble. Not sure if they environmental variables are correct. 105767
  10. Windows Syntax & Search

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Syntax & Search: Hi! . I want to search for strings that occur within the contents of text files. . I am definitely missing something with respect to Windows' search syntax or Windows in general...sorry! . To avoid the complexity of my specific issue, I created the following test...