Windows 10: Psexec

Discus and support Psexec in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Anyone had luck installing psexec on Win10? Having trouble. Not sure if they environmental variables are correct. 105767 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by buckeye222, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Psexec

Anyone had luck installing psexec on Win10? Having trouble. Not sure if they environmental variables are correct.

:)

buckeye222, Mar 9, 2018

2. Windows SYSTEM access glitch

Hello,

I have found a glitch when PsExec is used with this command: "PsExec64.exe or PcExec.exe -s -I cmd.exe" a SYSTEM level command prompt is opened. Is this normal, or is it a glitch?

PsExec:
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897553.aspx

ArushPCGuy, Mar 9, 2018
  3. Deleting old CSC cache from Win 7 in Windows 10

1st I've tried the PsExec route, launched a CMD window using PsExec and used the RD commend with the /S switch to remove the C:\Windows\CSC folder and it's sub-folders/. The process ran but each line of response ends with "Access is denied"

AdrianLucasWorcester, Mar 9, 2018
  4. lx07 Win User

Psexec

It works for me - you don't install it - just put the .exe somewhere and then specify where when you call it.

This works for me on local machine (I saved it to my OneDrive): Code: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.16299.248] (c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\WINDOWS\system32>%userprofile%\OneDrive\Programs\SysinternalsSuite\PsExec64.exe -a 1 -abovenormal "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\WINWORD.EXE" PsExec v2.2 - Execute processes remotely Copyright (C) 2001-2016 Mark Russinovich Sysinternals - www.sysinternals.com C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\WINWORD.EXE exited with error code 0. C:\WINDOWS\system32>[/quote] What error are you getting?

Are you wanting to use it without specifying where it is? In that case you would have to add the location you saved the .exe to your path environment variable.

Are you trying to run remotely or locally? This thread suggests for remote commands you need it in your path (on remote box) and to specify user/password.

Psexec- file not on the path - Stack Overflow

lx07, Mar 9, 2018
Thema:

Psexec

1. Psexec - Similar Threads - Psexec

2. Is it possible to run PsExec without admin$ share enabled on target PC?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it possible to run PsExec without admin$ share enabled on target PC?: Long story short, I want to use PsExec to run ipconfig on a machine on our network using its IP. My cmd is open as admin, and I’m executing the PsExec command using the target machines local admin account. I keep getting “Make sure that the default admin$ share is enabled”....
  3. Is it possible to run PsExec without admin$ share enabled on target PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to run PsExec without admin$ share enabled on target PC?: Long story short, I want to use PsExec to run ipconfig on a machine on our network using its IP. My cmd is open as admin, and I’m executing the PsExec command using the target machines local admin account. I keep getting “Make sure that the default admin$ share is enabled”....
  4. Is it possible to run PsExec without admin$ share enabled on target PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can you run PsExec, specifically PsExec -i -d -s c:\windows\regedit.exe, in safe mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you run PsExec, specifically PsExec -i -d -s c:\windows\regedit.exe, in safe mode?: Can you run PsExec, specifically PsExec -i -d -s c:\windows\regedit.exe, in safe mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-run-psexec-specifically-psexec-i-d-s/35850490-5045-4a49-962f-875eb8f72520
  6. Can you run PsExec, specifically PsExec -i -d -s c:\windows\regedit.exe, in safe mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you run PsExec, specifically PsExec -i -d -s c:\windows\regedit.exe, in safe mode?: Can you run PsExec, specifically PsExec -i -d -s c:\windows\regedit.exe, in safe mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-run-psexec-specifically-psexec-i-d-s/35850490-5045-4a49-962f-875eb8f72520
  7. Psexec with cmd parameters?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Psexec with cmd parameters?: Hi All, I am trying to run a command on a remote computer using psexec, and I can get it to run fine by just calling the .exe, but I also need to have 2 parameters included in the command, but I can't get it to work. Here is my example: I can run this fine: psexec.exe -i...
  8. PSEXEC on windows 7 Vs windows 10, 2016, 2019

in Windows 10 Customization
    PSEXEC on windows 7 Vs windows 10, 2016, 2019: Hi, when we execute PSEXEC on windows 7 it able to return output of size 21 mb. When execute PSEXEC on Windows 2016, 2019 or Windows 10 it able to return output only till 70KB. Is there any limitation on latest operating System....
  9. PSexec

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PSexec: I know you can use PSExec to say for instance shutdown or delete a file on a remote computer's desktop of a user on the domain. psexec64 \\<Computer-Name> cmd /c del c:\Users\user\Desktop\testtext.txt psexec64 \\<Computer-Name> cmd /c shutdown /h /r 0 Is there a way...
  10. PsExec launch throws Access Denied Error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PsExec launch throws Access Denied Error: Hi, While running PsExec.exe in a Windows 10 64 bit system, throws "Access Denied" error Where as PsExec64.exe launches fine. Event logs shows the following error, Activation context generation failed for "D:\2019\PsExec.exe".Error in manifest or policy file...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. psexec 1809

2. windows 1809 psexec issue

3. psexec windows phone