Windows 10: "Public" folders content visibility for other users?

Discus and support "Public" folders content visibility for other users? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In Windows 7 every user inherited content of "Public" user folders such as Images/Music/Video. Now I don't see "Public" content in my user folders... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zax, Oct 9, 2015.

1. ZAX
    zax Win User

"Public" folders content visibility for other users?

In Windows 7 every user inherited content of "Public" user folders such as Images/Music/Video.

Now I don't see "Public" content in my user folders anymore. What could be done to unlock this functionality?

:)

2. d0gknees Win User

Public Folders, windows 10

Just being on the homegroup doesn't mean you see the other PCs Public folders on yours. There is no automatic merging of the content of the different PCs.

As you say, you can browse to it via the network. This is the normal way to access the content of other PCs on your network.

d0gknees, Oct 9, 2015
  3. vilu85 Win User
    " Waiting for approval " until when !????

It means that it's waiting for approval from your operator and it has nothing to do with Nokia.

You could call your operator and ask about this approval, someone in technical service may know that how long it takes to approve the newest firmware. (For some reason, every operator has to approve the firmware updates and only after that their clients
    can do the update)

vilu85, Oct 9, 2015
  4. bro67 Win User

Same thing as before. Make sure that they are shared.

bro67, Oct 9, 2015
  5. Ztruker Win User
    Public folders are under C:\Users\Public.

Some of their content I see reflected in my folders, other content not so. Specifically Public\Desktop shows on my Desktop.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. "Public" folders content visibility for other users? - Similar Threads - Public folders content

2. What are the contents of C:\Users\Public\Desktop\desktop.ini?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What are the contents of C:\Users\Public\Desktop\desktop.ini?: I accidentally deleted C:\Users\Public\Desktop\desktop.ini. What are the contents of this file on Windows 11 Pro?Note that I am asking about the file in C:\Users\Public and not in C:\Users\<UserName>....
  3. What are the contents of C:\Users\Public\Desktop\desktop.ini?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What are the contents of C:\Users\Public\Desktop\desktop.ini?: I accidentally deleted C:\Users\Public\Desktop\desktop.ini. What are the contents of this file on Windows 11 Pro?Note that I am asking about the file in C:\Users\Public and not in C:\Users\<UserName>....
  4. Public users folder gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Public users folder gone: My C:\Users\Public folder just vanished into thin air I didn't delete it or anything its just goneHow can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/public-users-folder-gone/358230a2-4692-4cc2-9b29-27b9248b0f3b
  5. Public users folder gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Public users folder gone: My C:\Users\Public folder just vanished into thin air I didn't delete it or anything its just goneHow can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/public-users-folder-gone/358230a2-4692-4cc2-9b29-27b9248b0f3b
  6. Public users folder gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. App not visible/accessible for other users

in Windows 10 Customization
    App not visible/accessible for other users: Hi - I installed Zoom app as an admin on Windows 10. Shouldnt this be accessible by all users on this laptop? I installed this for kids standard users to attend classes. However, when they login using their Logon/credentials, they dont see this app. Any solution to this?...
  8. Some scanned documents not visible in Public folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Some scanned documents not visible in Public folders: Both my wife and I have administrator accounts on our PC. If my wife scans a document and saves the file in the Public Documents folder, both she and I can read it. If I scan a document and save the file in the Public Documents folder, only I can read it. I thought that all...
  9. Hidden content in folder user

Hidden content in folder user: The folder C:/users/thyge has grown to 54GB _ something is hidden, but what and how can I get to it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hidden-content-in-folder-user/e1d91669-ac87-4fda-b2ab-b237d4b782e8"
  10. Shared folders not visible on other devices

Shared folders not visible on other devices: Hi, I am running Windows 10 and trying to set up a network so that I can transfer photos from an android phone onto my laptop hard drive for back up. I've been using an app to do this and it has worked in the past brilliantly (called "Sweet Home" if interested). Unfortunately...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. content search folders with other users