Windows 10: Public network.

Discus and support Public network. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; From the beginning that i install windows 10 i had a homenetwork (network 1).Now it is switchd to a public network (network 2).How is that happen? How... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ivan4you, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Ivan4you Win User

Public network.

From the beginning that i install windows 10 i had a homenetwork (network 1).Now it is switchd to a public network (network 2).How is that happen?
    How can i back to my home network (network 1) ?

:)

Ivan4you, Mar 15, 2016

2. Public Network

Thank you for the screenshots you have provided. Based on the images you shared, we can see that you don't have to option to change network locations, therefore, not allowing you to make any changes to your network. What we need to know now is if it is specific
    to the user account that you're using or if it's with the network that you have. Try creating another user account and recreate what you're trying to do. If the issue persists on another user account, then there must be something wrong with the network itself.

You may refer to this article for steps on
    how to create a user account in Windows 10.

Kindly get back to us with the outcome. We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Patricia Yu, Mar 15, 2016
  3. Public Network

It's good to know that you have already contacted your service provider. This helps us to further isolate the issue. Before we can conclude that a hacker has gotten into your computer and making changes to the system, we need to identify first, whether or
    not this is a system issue. There are other Windows 10 users, although not common, who are experiencing the same issue as you and found different resolutions that you can try. Try the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1: Change the network location using the Settings App.

• Click on Start.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on Network & Internet.
    • Click on Ethernet.
    • Click on the network where you're connected.
    • Turn on the option to Make this PC discoverable. This turns your public network location into a private one.

Method 2: Change the network location using Windows PowerShell.

We have a found a thread with a similar issue to yours. Check the Answer provided by
    NiklasE rlhm in this thread and check if it applies.
    Other Community members have found it helpful.

Method 3: Refresh network adapter connections in Device Manager.

You may follow the steps provided in this article. Note that the steps in the article
    are supposedly for Windows 7, but should still work with Windows 10, although, the step-by-step provided might be a bit different.

Should you encounter any further issues, please do get back to us.

Patricia Yu, Mar 15, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Public network.

See the tutorial on how to change it in Settings.

bro67, Mar 15, 2016
Thema:

Public network.

1. Public network. - Similar Threads - Public network

2. How is possible both public and private networks are simultaneously showing being active?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How is possible both public and private networks are simultaneously showing being active?: Newest windows was download via update two days ago, now this is happening. And yes, I checked and my "public" choice is still my chosen selected network. My VPN is listed with the active private network, and the usual network 2 is listed for the public network I prefer...
  3. How is possible both public and private networks are simultaneously showing being active?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How is possible both public and private networks are simultaneously showing being active?: Newest windows was download via update two days ago, now this is happening. And yes, I checked and my "public" choice is still my chosen selected network. My VPN is listed with the active private network, and the usual network 2 is listed for the public network I prefer...
  4. Could I get a Straight answer re: Private vs Public network?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Could I get a Straight answer re: Private vs Public network?: Hi. I've googled the question I'd like to get a Straight answer to my question: Should I have my Windows 10 desktop PC set to Private or Public, and which setting would provide the best level of security?However, no matter how I word my Question, what normally comes up are...
  5. Could I get a Straight answer re: Private vs Public network?

Could I get a Straight answer re: Private vs Public network?: Hi. I've googled the question I'd like to get a Straight answer to my question: Should I have my Windows 10 desktop PC set to Private or Public, and which setting would provide the best level of security?However, no matter how I word my Question, what normally comes up are...
  6. Could I get a Straight answer re: Private vs Public network?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. can not connect my laptop to the public library network through Wi-Fi.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can not connect my laptop to the public library network through Wi-Fi.: I am using a Lenovo G50-80 Laptop with Windows 10 Home and my problem is that I can not connect my laptop to the public library network through Wi-Fi. I turn off Norton protection and makes no difference. My laptop does not list all the available networks. Windows think the...
  8. can not connect my laptop to the public library network through Wi-Fi.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can not connect my laptop to the public library network through Wi-Fi.: I am using a Lenovo G50-80 Laptop with Windows 10 Home and my problem is that I can not connect my laptop to the public library network through Wi-Fi. I turn off Norton protection and makes no difference. My laptop does not list all the available networks. Windows think the...
  9. can not connect my laptop to the public library network through Wi-Fi.

10. Networks in Win 10 labeled Public but are Private

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Networks in Win 10 labeled Public but are Private: I have Win10 Home Ver 10.0.19045 Build 19045 I have my xfinity network switched to Private but am running into trouble with switching my VPN from Public to Private. I've been attempting to install GPEdit.msc, and I haven't had the chance to check out windows firewall which...