Windows 10: public wifi msftconnnecttest

Discus and support public wifi msftconnnecttest in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello I continue to have problems connecting to public wifi sites which require a login page to accept terms. I am redirected automatically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Laforestrx, Aug 15, 2018.

1. public wifi msftconnnecttest

Hello

I continue to have problems connecting to public wifi sites which require a login page to accept terms. I am redirected automatically (regardless of browser I use) to msftconnecttest/redirect which goes to nowhere. No one seems to be able to help me solve this issue.

:)

Laforestrx, Aug 15, 2018

2. Can't connect to certain public WiFi.

Hi,

To better assist you with the public WiFi connection issue, please answer the following questions:

• Which Windows version is currently running on your phone?
    • Are you able to connect your phone to other public WiFi hotspot?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Rommel Diw, Aug 15, 2018
  3. Fourstaff Win User
    Public WiFi Not safe.

This, my friend, is the reason why I only use the public wifi for news and such.

Fourstaff, Aug 15, 2018
  4. public wifi msftconnnecttest

Public Wifi connected, no internet access

Hi Sam,

As you are unable to access the public Wi-Fi on your laptop, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Were you able to connect to any other Wi-Fi connection from your laptop?

This issue might have occurred due to network adapter driver issues and network services. Let us try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if the Airplane mode is turned on. If so turn it off and check.

• Press Windows key, click on
      Settings
      from the left pane.

• Click on Network & Internet.

• Under Airplane mode turn it off and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to check if
    Network Adapter is enabled in Device Manager.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Device Manager.

• Expand Network Adapter.

• Right click on adapter driver, click on Properties.

• Click on Driver tab and Enable the driver.

Step 3: Run Network Adapter troubleshooter

Network Adapter troubleshooter find and fix the problems with wireless and other Network Adapter.

• Click on Start; in the start search type
      Troubleshooter and hit Enter.

• In the left pane, click on View all.

• Click on Network Adapter Troubleshooter.

• Select Advance and click on
      Run as Administrator.

• Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Hope it helps. Try the troubleshooting steps and get back to us with an updated status of accessing the public Wi-Fi for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 15, 2018
Thema:

public wifi msftconnnecttest

1. public wifi msftconnnecttest - Similar Threads - public wifi msftconnnecttest

2. Public wifi connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Public wifi connection: My laptop is not able to connect to public networks despite detecting them...."Do you want your PC to be discoverable by other PCs and devices on this network?" This is what I see only.please help....
  3. Public wifi connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Public wifi connection: My laptop is not able to connect to public networks despite detecting them...."Do you want your PC to be discoverable by other PCs and devices on this network?" This is what I see only.please help....
  4. Public wifi connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Unable to connect to public wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to public wifi: I'm stuck in some sort of login loop. I am trying to connect to the hospital public wifi. I log in as it requires but it just either loads this page or another login page which in turn loads this. I've tried chrome and edge. I've got two tablets currently connected to it and...
  6. Unable to connect to public wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to connect to public wifi: I'm stuck in some sort of login loop. I am trying to connect to the hospital public wifi. I log in as it requires but it just either loads this page or another login page which in turn loads this. I've tried chrome and edge. I've got two tablets currently connected to it and...
  7. Public WiFi causes ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

Public WiFi causes ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED: Hi, I need a solution to fix my connectivity problem. I connect to the internet using wireless connection, and it actually works without any problem using my phone tethering. However, when I want to connect using my university public wifi, it says that I don't have internet...
  8. public wifi msftconnnecttest failed login

public wifi msftconnnecttest failed login: In my local coffee shop I get stuck trying to log onto their wifi. A connection is made to their wifi network but the login page doesn't display, the system gets stuck at a page called msftconnecttest. I've found suggestions on a fix including switching the valuedata in...
  9. Connecting to Public WiFi

Connecting to Public WiFi: Since the latest update was pushed last week, I cannot connect to public WiFi networks that require verification on a browser after making the connection (Google Starbucks). Any suggestions?...
  10. Can't see public wifi

Can't see public wifi: Hi, Last week, my laptop ran into a problem, while trying to connect to my school's WiFi (which is public), when i tried to find the network, it wasn't listed under available networks, so I decided to restart my laptop, then when I was doing so, my laptop showed me a blue...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. msftconnnecttest