Windows 10: PUP Threats Detected By Malwarebytes

Discus and support PUP Threats Detected By Malwarebytes in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is anyone getting the pup.price.ninja threats? I get the same 4 pup threats every time Malwarebytes scans. I also noticed that I get advertisement... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by stealth2920, Dec 17, 2015.

1. PUP Threats Detected By Malwarebytes

Is anyone getting the pup.price.ninja threats? I get the same 4 pup threats every time Malwarebytes scans. I also noticed that I get advertisement popups while running Chrome that I don't get running Firefox. I have popups turned off but these popups continue regardless what site I am on. Only recently started getting these. May have to stop using Chrome.

:)

stealth2920, Dec 17, 2015

2. Suspicous warning notification claiming to come from Microsoft

My PC posted a notification on the screen while I was reading my email on Juno Webmail. There are references to Microsoft support, Microsoft warning alert that imply it is some kind of valid warning. It sounds like things I have seen before (PUPs Possible
    Undesirable Programs) that I have been able to detect and remove with Malwarebyte software. I ran Malwarebyte with no threats detected.

I have tried to attach a file with examples of the messages but had no luck.

Please help.

Bill Linhardt, Dec 17, 2015
  3. BossDweeb Win User
    Problem Removing Adware and Pup's

Most AV's make false positives from time to time. Generally because they are looking for suspect code types as much, specific threats.

You could have something installed you use that is seen as suspect. Particularly if using things such as 'noCD' files for games,

or other 'hack' type tools, among other things. PUP's can be a nuisance, but are not malicious.

- Did you install or update any software recently (including browser add ons) ? Free software is a common source of PUPs.

The trick is to pay attention when installing. It's easy to skip past. Even major software can pop in PUP's ( Chrome browser is one example )

if you don't clear the tick box next to that option during install of the software you
    are wanting.

- Is your machine showing any symptoms such as the PUPs bothering you with adware or pop-ups ?

Were these items flagged as actual threats or potential threats ?

[EDIT:- Have you rebooted since Malwarebytes did it's cleanup ?

Just did a search and the Malwarebytes site reckons Pup.Optional is an adware. If you are getting unwanted ads from booking.com try contacting
    booking.com for a fix. If no adds, the PUP has likely been disabled.

https://blog.malwarebytes.com/detections/pup-optional-booking/ ]

I run Spybot Search and Destroy now and then. They are more focused on spyware, PUPs than some of the AV's.

If they don't pick up the same items as Malwarebytes, you have two against one, so there should be no problem,

assuming the only issue is these files being flagged by Malwarebytes.

Come to think of it Win10 is a natural home for PUP's. Every bi-annual update has some bloatware I don't want, but can't uninstall.

Which pretty much makes that MS Windows 'app' a malware.

BossDweeb, Dec 17, 2015
  4. jshaw42 Win User

PUP Threats Detected By Malwarebytes

The "pup" stands for "potentially unwanted program." The "price.ninja" has probably been added to your system by a site you have visited.

jshaw42, Dec 17, 2015
  5. simrick Win User
    Check your list of installed programs and remove any toolbars. Run MBAM again, including rootkit detection, and do a full scan of all your hard drives, not just a Threat scan. Then, reset your Chrome browser.

PUP Threats Detected By Malwarebytes [​IMG]

PUP Threats Detected By Malwarebytes [​IMG]

simrick, Dec 17, 2015
  6. The only place this appears is on the Chrome Browser. Using Malwarebytes is how I discovered and eliminated it. However using Chrome the issue reappears. I have done everything but reset the browser. Will do that next and if that doesn't correct it I just will get rid of Chrome. Have been using Firefox and IE since I discovered the problem and there isn't an issue with those.

7. Looks like resetting the Chrome Browser works so far. Using it now and no ads have appeared (so far). Thanks

8. simrick Win User

Super! *ThumbsGlad that worked!

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. PUP Threats Detected By Malwarebytes - Similar Threads - PUP Threats Detected

2. how i manage to delete pup or pua threat ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how i manage to delete pup or pua threat ?: hope this finds and helps you. i've research and research, found many answers, non that could help me. but in beetwen the lines i manage to do something that helps remove pua or pup threat and defender can't find it anymore. so this being said let's go to workfirst: go to C:...
  3. how i manage to delete pup or pua threat ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how i manage to delete pup or pua threat ?: hope this finds and helps you. i've research and research, found many answers, non that could help me. but in beetwen the lines i manage to do something that helps remove pua or pup threat and defender can't find it anymore. so this being said let's go to workfirst: go to C:...
  4. Malwarebytes not detected by Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Malwarebytes not detected by Windows Defender: I have Malwarebytes installed but windows defender doesn't detect it and go into Periodic Scanning like it always has done, It just stays like it normally is, Like Above Current Threats its Suppose to List Malwarebytes but its just blank, With Malwarebytes I have the Windows...
  5. Malwarebytes not detected by Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malwarebytes not detected by Windows Defender: I have Malwarebytes installed but windows defender doesn't detect it and go into Periodic Scanning like it always has done, It just stays like it normally is, Like Above Current Threats its Suppose to List Malwarebytes but its just blank, With Malwarebytes I have the Windows...
  6. Malwarebytes not detected by Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. PUP malware detected - is it legit?

PUP malware detected - is it legit?: Hi. I purchased a refurbished computer with Windows 10 Pro, Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 installed. My anti-malware program keeps finding these two 'threats', which Google tells me are Windows related. Anyone know if they are legit and can be safely ignored, or should they...
  8. Malwarebytes detects a lot of issues

Malwarebytes detects a lot of issues: I have just did a complete scan with MalwareByte and found 365 issues, has anyone had issues with this? [Original Title: Security] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/malwarebytes-detects-a-lot-of-issues/889ba9cb-f4f9-4457-a7bb-6b6da868678f
  9. Microsoft and Malwarebytes Boost PUP Detection

Microsoft and Malwarebytes Boost PUP Detection: Source: Microsoft and Malwarebytes Boost PUP Detection The term Potentially Unwanted Programs, or PUPs, is often used to describe software installed on somebody's computer without the owner's specific and direct approval. Many legally-registered software development...
  10. Malwarebytes PUP scanning lists legitimate programs as threats

Malwarebytes PUP scanning lists legitimate programs as threats: I have been using Malwarebytes version 3 for some until it some of my legitimate programs as Threats ie Advanced System Care 10,Freemake Video Converter,Freesmith Video Player.I had to manually uncheck loads of files that i wanted to keep and add folders to exclusions...but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what kind of threats does malwarebites pick up