Windows 10: PUPs Found

Discus and support PUPs Found in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Malwarebytes just told me it needs to update, but all I could see was to scan, so I did. It found this: [img] I'm offered the option to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Wynona, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Wynona Win User

PUPs Found

Malwarebytes just told me it needs to update, but all I could see was to scan, so I did. It found this:

PUPs Found [​IMG]

I'm offered the option to quarantine, but I'd rather follow the link and delete the file itself.

Can I safely do that? Any help appreciated.

:)

Wynona, Sep 17, 2017

2. PUPS

Answer-by-number:

1. Is Defender configured to detect PUPs & PUAs?

2. Have you purchased MBAM Premium?

3. Does this concern the same Dell 7559 laptop as in your
    11 August 2017 thread
    and if so, had your Norton subscription already expired by the time you uninstalled it?

4. Have you ever run the Norton Removal Tool and/or the
    McAfee Consumer Products Removal Tool
    ?

5. What Version & OS Build of Windows 10 is currently installed?

• Press & hold the Windows Key and press the R
      key. In the RUN dialog, type WINVER and press the Enter key.

==================================

COMMENT: There isn't an anti-virus/anti-malware application in the world
    that can stop a very determined user from infecting his/her own computer, intentionally or not.

Cite:

PA Bear - MS MVP, Sep 17, 2017
  3. McAfee discourages the use of Edge

I meant to say it found lots of PUP's not PEP's

bobmccauley2, Sep 17, 2017
  4. PUPs Found

PUP.Optional.Mindspark - Malwarebytes Labs | Malwarebytes Labs | Detections

Above is what Malwarebytes says about optional.mindspark.generic; apparently related to browser hijacking and was likely attached to something you downloaded.

I'd quarantine it. After the quarantine, I think you will be able to delete it if you want. I use Malwarebytes but so rarely does it find anything that I'm not highly familiar with it.

ignatzatsonic, Sep 17, 2017
  5. Wynona Win User
    Thank you. I just let MBAM quarantine them. Now to go in and see if I can delete what's quarantined. I seem to remember you can do that.

Wynona, Sep 17, 2017
  6. Yeah, that's my recollection also.

I guess the premise of quarantine is you can let something sit in quarantine for days or weeks and if you can still operate as expected, go ahead and delete. But for a PUP with a tie to browser highjacking, I don't suppose there would be any doubt that you don't need it.

ignatzatsonic, Sep 17, 2017
  7. Wynona Win User
    They're gone! First quarantined, then deleted. Pretty simple to do.

And now to mark this thread solved.

Wynona, Sep 17, 2017
  8. PUPs Found

Josey Wales, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

PUPs Found

1. PUPs Found - Similar Threads - PUPs Found

2. how i manage to delete pup or pua threat ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how i manage to delete pup or pua threat ?: hope this finds and helps you. i've research and research, found many answers, non that could help me. but in beetwen the lines i manage to do something that helps remove pua or pup threat and defender can't find it anymore. so this being said let's go to workfirst: go to C:...
  3. how i manage to delete pup or pua threat ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how i manage to delete pup or pua threat ?: hope this finds and helps you. i've research and research, found many answers, non that could help me. but in beetwen the lines i manage to do something that helps remove pua or pup threat and defender can't find it anymore. so this being said let's go to workfirst: go to C:...
  4. YourSearchBar PUP/browser hijacker wont go away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    YourSearchBar PUP/browser hijacker wont go away: I have some kind of malware on my chrome browser which i've tried alot to make go away. When I search something up, right before results come up, the link turns into yoursearchbar then turns into some bing link. And there is an extension named, Your Search Bar, that i cannot...
  5. YourSearchBar PUP/browser hijacker wont go away

YourSearchBar PUP/browser hijacker wont go away: I have some kind of malware on my chrome browser which i've tried alot to make go away. When I search something up, right before results come up, the link turns into yoursearchbar then turns into some bing link. And there is an extension named, Your Search Bar, that i cannot...
  6. PUP/browser hijacker wont go away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PUP/browser hijacker wont go away: I have some kind of malware on my chrome browser which i've tried alot to make go away. When I search somethin up, right before result come up, the link turns into yoursearchbar then turns into some bing link. And there is an extension named, Your Search Bar, that i cannot...
  7. PUP/browser hijacker wont go away

PUP/browser hijacker wont go away: I have some kind of malware on my chrome browser which i've tried alot to make go away. When I search somethin up, right before result come up, the link turns into yoursearchbar then turns into some bing link. And there is an extension named, Your Search Bar, that i cannot...
  8. Microsoft Defender should detected PUP fake totalav

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender should detected PUP fake totalav: https://youtu.be/PcS3EozgyhI?t=467 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-defender-should-detected-pup-fake/9b17d021-f60d-4414-9c0b-3867e7bc56d9
  9. Microsoft Defender should detected PUP fake totalav

Microsoft Defender should detected PUP fake totalav: https://youtu.be/PcS3EozgyhI?t=467 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-defender-should-detected-pup-fake/9b17d021-f60d-4414-9c0b-3867e7bc56d9
  10. Defender found a PUP in my browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender found a PUP in my browser: Hello, Everyone! Happy Holidays, too!It's 12:40 am EST, and yesterday I believe, the Windows Defender found a PUP. I guess that what it said, but I'd like to get the specifics about this. I have a paid antivirus program in the first place, but somehow they didn't catch this...