Windows 10: Purchased New Monitor - LG-27UD69P-W - good for upscaling?

Discus and support Purchased New Monitor - LG-27UD69P-W - good for upscaling? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; My biggest use of my computer is research, reading web articles and working with text documents. I also do some photo editing. I understand windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by maryeleek, Feb 17, 2018.

1. maryeleek Win User

Purchased New Monitor - LG-27UD69P-W - good for upscaling?

My biggest use of my computer is research, reading web articles and working with text documents. I also do some photo editing.

I understand windows 10 has font scaling and that with the native resolution of these 4K monitors, I will want to increase font and icon size for viewing and working comfort.

I currently use Windows7Pro with a 24 inch LCD HD 1920 x 1200 monitor (Samsung SyncMaster 245bw) and I even upscale my fonts and icons for viewing on this monitor (old eyes). I use Clear Type text and upscale @ 125%. This monitor still performs beautifully for me in windows 7Pro but is so old, I'm not certain if the drivers would even install on a new computer.

My main purpose for purchasing a new monitor is a larger screen.

My question is, for my purposes, would I be better off to go with a monitor with a smaller native resolution? I need crisp, clear text.

I've searched the forum but most monitor discussions I've found concern gaming. The same for monitor reviews and YouTube video reviews. All seem to discuss gaming. I hate to open and install this monitor and then find it's not a good choice for my intended purpose.

If you do a lot of work with documents, what type of monitor do you suggest?

:)

maryeleek, Feb 17, 2018
  2. mdcjr Win User

Windows Phone Marketplace - Can't complete purchase error

Have the same problem. Wife and I both have LG Quantum and am not able to purchase apps. No problem with free apps. Both phones started having this problem after mango update. Will monitor this forum and hope someone has a solution. W

mdcjr, Feb 17, 2018
  3. kono8933 Win User
    Windows 10 LG 29UM57 HDMI

I recently purchased an LG 29UM57 ultrawide monitor. I had previously had dual dell monitors hooked up via the VGA until one burnt out. The LG monitor has an HDMI hookup but my computer will not detect it. I have tried restarting the computer with only
    the LG plugged in hoping the computer would detect new hardware. I have downloaded the Device Manager from the LG website/CD with no luck.

kono8933, Feb 17, 2018
  4. Helmut Win User

The main consideration is deciding on the Display Panel technology the main two being TN and IPS(PLS).
    IPS being a lot less angular dependent.
    Read up on the relative merits.

I always stick with approx 100 dpi for a screen, for me there is no gain going higher. Your example of the Samsung 245bw is roughly that dpi.
    Thus the larger the screen the higher the pixels required. I always work out what the dpi is for a given screen.
    If you stick with the same dpi number then it should be OK.

You don't need a monitor driver. The modern monitor connections are HDMI and DisplayPort. EDID is used for monitor data back to the video source.

I don't care for jargon like a "4K monitor".

Helmut, Feb 17, 2018
Thema:

1. Purchased New Monitor - LG-27UD69P-W - good for upscaling? - Similar Threads - Purchased Monitor 27UD69P

2. LG Ultragear monitor and HDR problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LG Ultragear monitor and HDR problems: Having trouble using HDR with my new LG Ultragear 32inch 850GP monitor.Finally have HDR on a new PC and its making my monitor crash occasionally.Sometimes, usually after playing a game my monitor display is looking like its in less than 640 resolution but the resolution is...
  3. LG Monitor - 32GN63T - Resolution options?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LG Monitor - 32GN63T - Resolution options?: I recently purchased an LG monitor from Costco 32GN63T. I setup the monitor as part of my docking station to easily swap between my home computer and my work computer. My work computer is a Lenovo running windows 10 and I am able to set my resolution to the correct format. On...
  4. For Anyone With A Relatively New LG pc Monitor, Please

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    For Anyone With A Relatively New LG pc Monitor, Please: Hello again. Thought it best to send two msgs, rather than combine them. Have a new 27" 4K LG Monitor. To adjust all of its settings, it has that small joystick control under the bezel. It works fine, you can call up all of the setting options, and they do appear. But- I...
  5. External LG monitor randomly blinking

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External LG monitor randomly blinking: Relatively new to Windows 10, having installed it on my MacBook via Bootcamp. Everything is great except one major issue. When I'm using Win10 on my docked, desktop system (MacBook lid closed, LG monitor with peripherals powered by single USB-C) the external monitor...
  6. New LG Monitor (27 UK850-W 27") Coming: Sr. Citizen With Quest's On

New LG Monitor (27 UK850-W 27") Coming: Sr. Citizen With Quest's On: Hello, Not all that sharp with computer "stuff" anymore, frankly. Would appreciate thoughts and comments on this. Have a LG 27 UK850-W 27" UHD IPS pc monitor coming shortly. a. Should I expect that it will run, probably with all the default settings I imagine it has,...
  7. Color Calibrate a new LG Monitor ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Color Calibrate a new LG Monitor ?: What is the best way to color calibrate a new LG Monitor ? The color is a bit washed out and has a little too much yellow. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/color-calibrate-a-new-lg-monitor/53f4a89e-fe65-4eac-9c12-70801e10ce10
  8. LG Ultra HD Monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    LG Ultra HD Monitor: I have two LG Ultra HD Monitor connected to NVIDAI GeForce GTS 1070 Ti Graphics card. I also have an LG Ultra HD monitor. I have all three monitors running off of my graphic card. One of my LG Ultra HD Monitors has all of the sudden started to flash on and off. When it is...
  9. Need Help Purchasing New Monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need Help Purchasing New Monitor: I need to replace my 24" TN panel (1920x1080) Samsung SyncMaster 2494HM and could use some help. Running Windows 10 with an i7-3770K 3.50GHz CPU and GeForce GTX 970 video card. Between my age (retired) and the fact that I use the system more for research and typing than...
  10. DVI issue with LG Monitor

DVI issue with LG Monitor: Greetings again. so to make it simple i made a thread not to long ago about a related display issue here > HDMI issues with LG Flatron M2294D ? and was adviced that possibly getting a dvi cable would fix the issueim currently having with my VGA cable. long story short!...