Windows 10: Purged deleted folder

Discus and support Purged deleted folder in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I deleted a large folder by accident. It was apparently too large for the recycle bin and was purged. I need it back. My backup to a Seagate external... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SamPesner, Jul 8, 2018.

1. SamPesner Win User

Purged deleted folder

I deleted a large folder by accident. It was apparently too large for the recycle bin and was purged. I need it back. My backup to a Seagate external drive does not find the most recent version of the folder intact (as a separate entity) but instead shows thousands of individual files, many of which are unreadable. Any suggestions?

:)

SamPesner, Jul 8, 2018

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Purged deleted folder :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Purged deleted folder :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jul 8, 2018
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    • Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    • Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    • Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    • Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Jul 8, 2018
  4. AndyB1905 Win User

Purged deleted folder

Deleted items purged without warning

I have observed the following behavior WRT deleted mail in a POP/IMAP mailbox on WP7:

o Delete a mail item

o Change to the deleted items folder and see that it is there

o Perform a send-receive

o The deleted items folder is purged

If what I am seeing is indeed reproducable, this is of significant concern to me as the deleted items folder is not doing what it is supposed to, i.e. holding on to "deleted" mail until explicitly purged. Can somebody please confirm whether or not this
    is by design or a bug, and if a bug, how to bring it to the attention of the dev team?

Thanks,

Andy

AndyB1905, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

Purged deleted folder

1. Purged deleted folder - Similar Threads - Purged deleted folder

2. How to purge a Keyboard Virus

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to purge a Keyboard Virus: Hello all, My keyboard has been acting up for some time now 99% sure because of a virus at this point since my keyboard was recently replaced. I've taken a number of security steps to purge it, but all have failed. It's buried deep. While typing in both Microsoft Word and...
  3. Windows 10 update will not purge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update will not purge: When trying to clean storage windows update will not zero out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-will-not-purge/4827eab9-a4bd-4313-af89-56894efd463b
  4. Cannot delete Purge leftover ESET Security data(ESET InternetSecurity)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot delete Purge leftover ESET Security data(ESET InternetSecurity): Hello, I'm trying to uninstall the leftovers of my ESET Internet Security uninstall. So, I used the ESET uninstaller (in Windows safe mode) To delete the so called “Purge leftover ESET Security data”. Since I always get an error. This is the log: Product uninstallation:...
  5. Purging frozen up..

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Purging frozen up..: I have an HP Stream laptop and I was trying to free up space so I can update. It said that it was purging and it's been stuck there now for awhile. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/purging-frozen-up/a3f096b5-278a-44a5-ac35-4b4837270cbb
  6. Purging in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Purging in Windows 10: In STORAGE I'm "purging: windows update cleanup". The action got about 1/3 completed and then froze. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/purging-in-windows-10/faa8cff4-88c7-43e2-a611-5dc82e7c55df"
  7. purging old update files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    purging old update files: purging old update files taking too long https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/purging-old-update-files/039a8de1-d0f4-444a-81b1-d9a625e3f85c
  8. Purging completed reminders from Cortana

Purging completed reminders from Cortana: When I go to Cortana->notebook->reminders it shows me all reminders, including completed reminders. Is there some way to get Cortana to remove all reminders that have been completed? 80881
  9. WSReset purge cache issue

WSReset purge cache issue: Here's my setup. I have three accounts, a local admin, an MS account, and a local standard user. I can't run Windows Store properly on my MS account, while it runs fine on the local standard user. A window just briefly flashes before closing. I deleted the MS account, then...
  10. Purge all added drivers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Purge all added drivers?: Dell Inspiron 15R N5110 with clean Windows 10 install. I had a problem with drivers for an Alfa Wi-Fi device, tried alternative Alfa devices and drivers, then settled on one from TP-Link. I would like to make sure I have removed all the drivers I tried, is there a way to...