Windows 10: Pushy Microsoft Edge screen appears when i open firefox

Discus and support Pushy Microsoft Edge screen appears when i open firefox in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How can i stop microsoft Edge screen appearing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TerryCotter, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Pushy Microsoft Edge screen appears when i open firefox

How can i stop microsoft Edge screen appearing

:)

TerryCotter, Aug 25, 2018

2. Can't import favorites from firefox to edge.

Hi:

Disclaimer: I do not use Edge.

However, it looks as if the blue text to which your arrow points is a link -- did you try to click it?
    I expect it would open some sort of drop-down or other menu from which to select Firefox as the source of the "bookmarks" (they are called bookmarks in Firefox)?
    Then one would proceed to the next step, Step 5 (shown at the bottom of your screen shot): "Select Firefox from the list and then click "Import Button"".

There's also this tutorial -- perhaps it will help:
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...dows-10-a.html

Let us know how it goes,

MM

MoxieMomma, Aug 25, 2018
  3. Firefox didn't install all bookmarks from Microsoft Edge

Hi Linda,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

-Do you get any error code/message?

I suggest you follow the below steps and check if this helps.

Follow the below steps and check if you are able to manage your bookmarks.

1. Open Edge and click the button to open the main menu. At the bottom of the main menu, click
    Settings to open the settings sidebar.

2. Click Import favorites from another browser

3. Choose the browser or browsers from the list of compatible browsers (Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox all work) and then click
    Import. After a few seconds, your bookmarks should appear in Edge.

Note: to add Bookmarks .Click on the Star symbol > Add/rename the page.

For reference :

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/edge-privacy-faq

if the issue still persist, i suggest you to contact Mozilla support and check.

Mozilla Support.

Keep us posted with the status of the issue.

Akheel Ahmed, Aug 25, 2018
  4. Pushy Microsoft Edge screen appears when i open firefox

Microsoft Edge doesn't open in Windows 10

Microsoft Edge doesn't open in Windows 10.

Somehow my system got infected with some malware. Due to which Edge was opening random ads in new tabs with any click on any site. After some efforts I cleaned the malware, but the malware seem to have broken edge; some edge files also got cleaned out.

Now while opening opening blue screen comes fine, just a quick flash of Edge window comes but without showing anything or allowing to do anything closes itself.

I couldn't uninstall and re-install as Edge doesn't show in programs list.

I also tried following steps as suggested by the Microsoft Virtual support agent, No issues came up with that and nothing got resolved.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click command prompt (Run as administrator).
    • In the Administrator Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:
      • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
      • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

shubhamgpt, Aug 25, 2018
Thema:

Pushy Microsoft Edge screen appears when i open firefox

1. Pushy Microsoft Edge screen appears when i open firefox - Similar Threads - Pushy Microsoft Edge

2. article downloading as Firefox not Microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    article downloading as Firefox not Microsoft edge: I am using Windows 10, Microsoft 365 and the Microsoft Edge browserFor a long time I used the Firefox browser. I have since switched to Microsoft edge. When I go to use Microsoft print to PDF for an article from the web, it downloads as a Firefox document. How do I stop...
  3. article downloading as Firefox not Microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    article downloading as Firefox not Microsoft edge: I am using Windows 10, Microsoft 365 and the Microsoft Edge browserFor a long time I used the Firefox browser. I have since switched to Microsoft edge. When I go to use Microsoft print to PDF for an article from the web, it downloads as a Firefox document. How do I stop...
  4. article downloading as Firefox not Microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How to get rid of pushy Microsoft Edge pop-up Tips and Notifications

in Windows 10 News
    How to get rid of pushy Microsoft Edge pop-up Tips and Notifications: You may have seen a notification saying use Microsoft Edge instead of Google Chrome or Firefox. The notifications may say that these browsers drain more battery and are slower than Microsoft Edge. If you are convinced by Microsoft then you can make Microsoft Edge your default...
  6. Browser (Edge & Firefox) loses focus when opening through taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Browser (Edge & Firefox) loses focus when opening through taskbar: Hi, I recently realized a small problem that is getting to me: every time I open a new tab in a browser, be it Edge or Firefox, I'm used to click to open it and start typing what I want to search, but it is not working like this anymore, when I open the new tab, it won't come...
  7. How to open url:microsoft-edge with for example Firefox?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to open url:microsoft-edge with for example Firefox?: Whereas, A. Firefox is set as my default browser. B. Edge still opens when using Cortana / the search bar in the lower right of the default Windows 10 graphic interface. C. It opens because of the prefix to the URL argument, e.g. "microsoft-edge:http://example.com". D....
  8. Importing firefox data in to microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    Importing firefox data in to microsoft edge: Hello, I cannot import my cookies,data logins to the microsoft edge, only bookmarks can be imported it seems. Can anyone guide me to import everything from my Firefox to the edge?...
  9. Firefox And Opening Screen ?

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox And Opening Screen ?: Hello, Have made Firefox my default Browser. New user to W10. Would like Firefox to open up (full screen) as soon as I log in to W10, and not just have that very pretty flower background show. How do I do this please ? Thanks, Bob 30552
  10. BAD_POOL_CALLER when i open Firefox

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BAD_POOL_CALLER when i open Firefox: This blue screen shows up consistently every time I start firefox. I tried reinstalling firefox, Updating drivers, and repairing ESET but so far nothing has changed. I never used firefox before today so this isn'NATHAN-DESKTOP-Tue_10_03_2017_155633_51.zipt a huge issue but it...