Windows 10: Put Windows 10 File Explorer on the Desktop

Discus and support Put Windows 10 File Explorer on the Desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I open This Computer I only see 4 stock folders for Pictures Video etc. I am a Windows 7 user and am having trouble getting to my own Program,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by loninappleton, Aug 8, 2018.

1. loninappleton Win User

Put Windows 10 File Explorer on the Desktop

When I open This Computer I only see 4 stock folders for Pictures Video etc. I am a Windows 7 user and am having trouble getting to my own Program, Programs x86 folders. Where is all this and why is it an obscrure practice to get a shortcut made to the desktop?

BTW I tried a couple of lookups on this: go to desktop, right click and then it asks for the
    file location which I still don't know.

:)

loninappleton, Aug 8, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 8, 2018
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Aug 8, 2018
  4. sturpe Win User

Cannot find Desktop Icon in File Explorer

Now that is interesting. If I do what you suggest, File Explorer Address bar changes to C:\Users\username\documents and the missing ICONS are there. But there is still not a "Desktop" folder.

Is this a step in the right direction?

sturpe, Aug 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Put Windows 10 File Explorer on the Desktop - Similar Threads - Put File Explorer

2. Windows 10 desktop icons won't stay put

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 desktop icons won't stay put: How do I get my desktop icons to stay put in Windows 10. Yes, I have already tried the usual fixes for this issue so please don't suggest to "Refresh", etc. I am on my third surface book, my other two did not have this issue. Thanks for any help you can give....
  3. File Explorer for Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer for Windows 10: Hi, I am facing some trouble with the File Explorer for Windows 10. When starting everything is OK but as I work with it the left windows starts to delay and doesn't respond but the right window always keeps working. After some time the system doesn't show any icons and...
  4. Desktop and File Explorer icons gone

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop and File Explorer icons gone: Hello! I have readed some other posts about people who had the same problem as me, but none of those solutions worked for me. Basically today I booted up my computer and all of my icons are randomly gone, in File Explorer and on the desktop. I cannot go to...
  5. Windows Explorer hides *SOME* files visible on Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer hides *SOME* files visible on Desktop: Hi all, I'm having a problem with a brand new Dell XPS 15" computer regarding what files and folders it hides. Here's a picture of what is happening. [img] I have tried all the usual suspects. It is not marked as "Hidden" in the properties. I always enable "seeing...
  6. manage "desktop" view in file explorer

manage "desktop" view in file explorer: there is a program that I removed using the company's remover tool -- the program is adobe creative cloud 2015 -- and in windows file explorer, when I enter the "desktop" view, there is a white, blank file icon that bears the name "creative cloud files". this icon has no...
  7. Can't put an image on a folder in File Explorer

Can't put an image on a folder in File Explorer: In File Explorer I right-click a folder and select Properties. In the Customise tab, under Choose a file to show on this folder icon, I select Choose file. I navigate to my Pictures folder and select an image and then click on Apply and OK. And nothing happens, the folder is...
  8. how to create a desktop icon for file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    how to create a desktop icon for file explorer: I just moved from W7 to W10 and haven't been able to figure out how to create a desktop app icon for file explorer. I can do it for apps that I've loaded, but can't figure it out for special Windows programs. Yes, I have it in my task bar and can clearly see it in the...
  9. Windows Explorer, desktop and all file explorer windows, crashing

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer, desktop and all file explorer windows, crashing: I was recently just using my computer, browsing files, moving stuff about when the entire desktop crashes and restarts as it does when that happens. This has never happened before and I've not modified the shell recently at all, hence I'm slightly concerned to what actually...
  10. Put image on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Put image on desktop: I'd like to place an image on the desktop. Not an Icon, not the background, just an image. Like a gadget but inactive. Maybe in a window if the window has no header or borders. Oversized icon? 77984