Windows 10: puter sleeping when i dont want it to

Discus and support puter sleeping when i dont want it to in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; puter is going to sleep after a minute. I have all settings, power etc, including sleep set to never or long times. Please fix.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FredV_819, Jul 26, 2018.

1. FredV_819 Win User

puter sleeping when i dont want it to

puter is going to sleep after a minute. I have all settings, power etc, including sleep set to never or long times. Please fix.

:)

FredV_819, Jul 26, 2018

2. Display will not sleep.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you solve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select the time limit for the system to go to sleep from the drop down list.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 26, 2018
  3. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jul 26, 2018
  4. puter sleeping when i dont want it to

Sleep

Hi,

This may happen due to its power plan. A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. For this, we suggest that you reset and restore power plans to its default. kindly follow these steps:

• Open the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press
      Enter
      :
      • powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Close the Command Prompt window, and then restart your PC to apply the changes.

After that, go to Power & sleep settings
    by typing it into the Windows Search. Check the When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    settings is set to Never.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Jul 26, 2018
Thema:

puter sleeping when i dont want it to

1. puter sleeping when i dont want it to - Similar Threads - puter sleeping dont

2. i dont want upgrade to windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i dont want upgrade to windows 11: I received a notification to upgrade to Windows 11 and I upgraded my Windows to 11 after trying Windows 11, I regretted it and switched to Windows 10 and I still get the upgrade notification How can I cancel my Windows 11 upgrade?...
  3. i dont want upgrade to windows 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i dont want upgrade to windows 11: Hi. I received a notification to upgrade to Windows 11 and upgraded my Windows from 10 to 11. But after trying Windows 11, I regretted and downgraded to Windows 10. But I still get the upgrade notification and if I restart. Installs Windows 11. How can I cancel my Windows 11...
  4. i dont want upgrade to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i dont want upgrade to windows 11: Hi. I received a notification to upgrade to Windows 11 and upgraded my Windows from 10 to 11. But after trying Windows 11, I regretted and downgraded to Windows 10. But I still get the upgrade notification and if I restart. Installs Windows 11. How can I cancel my Windows 11...
  5. i dont want notification when im playing game, but i want it on my regular browsing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    i dont want notification when im playing game, but i want it on my regular browsing: when i tried the notification settings , it just says OFF, PRIORITY ONLY and ALARMS ONLY, if i chose priority only, it does the job when im playing games, but it will also not come up during my regular browsing. so, i want notification to have it NOT appear when im playing...
  6. Dont want detected

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Dont want detected: Hi I've been having a problem with windows defender. I have created a code to inject a code into a game. An it uses the same method as trojan viruses. When ever I launch it it says check your anti virus I have whitelisted the folder and disabled Realtime protection and it...
  7. I dont want Windows Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I dont want Windows Security: How can I close permantly Windows Security? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-dont-want-windows-security/8748d6d2-4d13-4beb-bc75-924c08024e20
  8. After Sleep, my computer dont want to reconnect to my network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After Sleep, my computer dont want to reconnect to my network: After sleep, my computer wont reconnect to my network. If I click on the network it will ask me for the network password...if I type the password it will connect. If I reboot the computer, then it will automatically reconnect to the network... how can I fix this, I don't...
  9. I do not play games, dont want to, dont plan to

in Windows 10 Customization
    I do not play games, dont want to, dont plan to: I have absolutely zero interest in playing games, I do not plan to play any games and it will never change. Yet I constantly have problems with the Gaming Services. I was able disable all of the XBOX BLOATWARE that do nothing but waste resources. Yet I still have problems...
  10. Computer won't sleep when I want it to

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't sleep when I want it to: I am having this issue where, although my PC is set to sleep after 1 hour of inactivity, sometimes it just doesn't. I don't know what causes it. Sometimes it does go to sleep after 1 hour, other times it doesn't. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?...