Windows 10: Putting a new Processor from I5 to I7. Will I gain performance?

Discus and support Putting a new Processor from I5 to I7. Will I gain performance? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello I built my PC about 4 years ago. The cpu installed in I5 1155. How can I evaluate the new performance if I installed a faster processor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by arjfca, Sep 19, 2016.

1. arjfca Win User

Putting a new Processor from I5 to I7. Will I gain performance?

Hello

I built my PC about 4 years ago. The cpu installed in I5 1155.

How can I evaluate the new performance if I installed a faster processor I7? Will it it worth the investment?

Martin

:)

arjfca, Sep 19, 2016
  2. manojrao Win User

when intel® Iris™, Iris™ Pro, and HD Graphics Production Driver for Windows® 10 32-bit update will be released by microsoft, intel assure that will be done by microsoft??

Intel® HD Graphics Production Driver for Windows* 10 32-bit (N-Series)

(Which file should I download?) Available Downloads

htt://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/

http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/

Detailed Description

An Intel Graphics Beta driver for Windows*10 can be found in Windows Update. Please run Windows Update from within Windows or visit Microsoft’s
    Windows Update Web site.

Windows Update is included in the Windows Control Panel. To check for updates within Windows, Click the
    Start button, click All Programs, and then click
    Windows Update.

This download is valid for the product(s) listed below.

manojrao, Sep 19, 2016
  3. WIN 10 upgrade my I5-6600 to a I7-6700 without reactivation

This system used was upgraded from Win8.1 and old system deleted 5 months ago. Can I upgrade the system from a I5-6600 processor to a I7-6700 processor keeping everything else the same, without loosing the activation.

Thanks

Tom

ThomasSHilton, Sep 19, 2016
  4. Adalwar Win User

There is a good site that my give you an idea: Compare Cpus.
    But I doubt you will a real boost, normally the CPU is the last in chain to upgrade.
    Probably a waste of money.

Adalwar, Sep 19, 2016
  5. LMiller7 Win User
    A CPU upgrade is usually not cost effective but it all depends on the details of your situation.
    Performance has multiple aspects. What kind of performance do you want to improve? What is the primary purpose of the computer? Maybe an SSD or better graphics card would be more appropriate. Your system specs don't reveal much.

LMiller7, Sep 19, 2016
  6. arjfca Win User
    OK thanks
    You answered my interrogation..

I already got an SSD and 24 GB ram
    I mainly use the PC to chart data. I don't really have a big slow down,

I will update my specs

Martin
    So I won't play with it.

arjfca, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Putting a new Processor from I5 to I7. Will I gain performance? - Similar Threads - Putting Processor gain

2. i7-6600U processor in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i7-6600U processor in Windows 11: My Surface Book 2 has a i7-6600U processor and it automatically upgraded to Windows 11 a few months ago. Now it's back to Windows 10 and I can't make it go back to W11 because "i7-6600U processor is not compatible??" So, why did it upgrade automatically before?...
  3. i7-6600U processor in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i7-6600U processor in Windows 11: My Surface Book 2 has a i7-6600U processor and it automatically upgraded to Windows 11 a few months ago. Now it's back to Windows 10 and I can't make it go back to W11 because "i7-6600U processor is not compatible??" So, why did it upgrade automatically before?...
  4. Intel Core i7-7920HQ Processor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel Core i7-7920HQ Processor: I am running a Dell Precision 7720 with an Intel i7-7920HQ @3.10GHz. Running the PC Health for Windows upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 says everything is fine to upgrade except the processor however, when looking at Microsoft Windows support processors for upgrade...
  5. i7-6600U processor not compatible with windows11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i7-6600U processor not compatible with windows11?: This is frustrating and irritating to see that i7 6th and 7th gen processors are not compatible for windows 11 upgrade. This is not convenient to change high end machines just after 4-5years just to make compatible with upgraded OS. Quite disappointed with MS....
  6. Upgrading from i5-7500 to i7-7700

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Upgrading from i5-7500 to i7-7700: I have an ASUS Prime Z270M-Plus motherboard with an Intel i5-7500 Processor and 16GB DDR-4 RAM, I would like to upgrade to an Intel i7700 Processor. Will there be any necessity to rebuild my hard drive or will the system automatically adjust for the new CPU in the same way...
  7. I put in a new processor and it's conflicting with and overdrive causing it to crash.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I put in a new processor and it's conflicting with and overdrive causing it to crash.: I recently got a Ryzen 7 2700x and put it in my pc yesterday. I had installed amd overdrive even though it didn't work for my old processor. It's an old version and incompatible with my current CPU. It's a boot app so it boots as soon as you turn my pc on and it's crashing...
  8. Power Processor Performance

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power Processor Performance: I was running high performance on my hp desktop, but now when I checked the settings the minimum and maximum settings are gone, nothing there but system cooling? So what happen to those two settings? Moved from: Windows 10 / Performance & system failures...
  9. Power Processor Performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power Processor Performance: I was running high performance on my hp desktop, but now when I checked the settings the minimum and maximum settings are gone, nothing there but system cooling? So what happen to those two settings?...
  10. New 8th Gen Intel Core i9, i7 and i5 Processors Come to Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    New 8th Gen Intel Core i9, i7 and i5 Processors Come to Mobile: Today at a global event in Beijing, Intel unveiled the first ever Intel® Core™ i9 processor for laptops. Part of the new lineup of high-performance mobile products unveiled, the powerful 8th Gen Intel Core i9 processor is the highest-performance laptop processor Intel has...