Windows 10: Puzzled about System Administrator

Discus and support Puzzled about System Administrator in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; In Store/Settings, I want to enable App Updates to update automatically. I read up on how to do it - discovered that as the only user of this computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Sooze, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Sooze Win User

Puzzled about System Administrator

In Store/Settings, I want to enable App Updates to update automatically. I read up on how to do it - discovered that as the only user of this computer I have to be an administrator, to alter the setting, yet when I go to Store/Settings/App updates, the on/off button it greyed out and says I have to contact my system administrator about changing the setting. I AM the administrator! Aren't I? I don't get it....*Confused

:)

Sooze, Aug 8, 2015

2. How to correct misspelled name on Windows 10?

For those who don't see the "rename" option, it wouldn't work even if you saw it, if you're logged in as yourself (the folder would be in use). However, I did this for a user whose name was misspelled and now he gets a profile error ("can't sign you in,
    you've been signed in with a temporary profile") each and every time he logs in. There must be a solution other than his living with a misspelled name! Please advise, thank you.

System Administrator (administrator), Aug 8, 2015
  3. apps

I downloaded the puzzle frenzy app and purchased about 7 new puzzle sets and it keeps deleting my purchased puzzles. This is the second time it has done this. Why is it deleting my purchased puzzles?

KimberlyLaxton, Aug 8, 2015
  4. Hydranix Win User

Check your group policy settings

Hydranix, Aug 8, 2015
  5. Sooze Win User
    Actually, forget it - I think it IS set to update automatically. And is greyed out so it can't be changed.

Sooze, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Puzzled about System Administrator - Similar Threads - Puzzled System Administrator

2. About Administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About Administrator: I am using Windows 10, 64 bit.Before resetting, I had a game installed via CD. Now I want to reinstall it, but it tells me; An Administrator has Blocked You from running this App. Contact the administrator.....I turned off all my security features and retried, but I continue...
  3. About Administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    About Administrator: I am using Windows 10, 64 bit.Before resetting, I had a game installed via CD. Now I want to reinstall it, but it tells me; An Administrator has Blocked You from running this App. Contact the administrator.....I turned off all my security features and retried, but I continue...
  4. About Administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. About administrator permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About administrator permission: Help me to solve this I tryed many youtube videos and Google search but not any single tips is working.i have only a local account and other Microsoft account was removed automatically and local account doesn't have administrator permission. It have only standard...
  6. About administrator permission

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About administrator permission: Help me to solve this I tryed many youtube videos and Google search but not any single tips is working.i have only a local account and other Microsoft account was removed automatically and local account doesn't have administrator permission. It have only standard...
  7. Administrator/ system administrator

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Administrator/ system administrator: I am listed as an administrator but cannot delete or upgrade Itunes The message reads "The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation. I am not on any network. Please advise...
  8. puzzled about DLNA in windows 10 computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    puzzled about DLNA in windows 10 computer: Even though I have not turned on DLNA streaming function on my computer , I am still able to play videos from the computer's library on my Panasonic Viera TC via DLNA using the TV's DLNA function found under Viera tools. Is there another DLNA server running on the computer...
  9. about being administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    about being administrator: i accidentally changed my account from administrator to standard and i cant use anything well. its always restricted. it says"To continue,type administrator password, and then click Yes." but the problem is that i dont remember keeping any password and i have tried al of my...
  10. Puzzled about HomeGroup in my network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Puzzled about HomeGroup in my network: I use network shares instead of Homegroup for file sharing Nevertheless I am puzzled why my Homegroup is behaving as described below: I have 3 computers on a network. All 3 running Windows 10 1709. Whenever any 2 computers are on, I get the message to join a homegroup...